Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 01:10 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
LA beat SFO …..2-1 tonight. Bring on Atlanta!

It actually starts with bring on L.A. rather than bring on Atlanta.

Atlanta sits at home, and L.A. must come to them first because L.A. didn't win a division.

Atlanta's ballpark is great, and in a great newer area/cpmplex. A great place to see a game. Much better than the previous Turner Field

Chavez Ravine is a better natural setting, but it's not an 'interactive, walkable setting', and that complex is pretty long in the tooth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2021, 05:18 PM

1,348 posts, read 708,711 times
Done dont like
all the teams left so wont be watching

Old 10-15-2021, 05:50 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Atlanta sits at home, and L.A. must come to them first because L.A. didn't win a division.

Atlanta's ballpark is great, and in a great newer area/cpmplex. A great place to see a game. Much better than the previous Turner Field

Chavez Ravine is a better natural setting, but it's not an 'interactive, walkable setting', and that complex is pretty long in the tooth.
Semantics!
Still stingin from the loss huh?

Old 10-15-2021, 08:19 PM

30,189 posts, read 11,827,960 times
Quote:

I think Dave Roberts will use having to start on the road as motivation for the team. It puts a chip on their shoulder. They won 2 of 3 in San Francisco. Road, home does not matter. Roberts has to keep them focused. They beat the hottest team in baseball and then the team with the best record. They have to stay focused and take care of business in Atlanta.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 10-15-2021 at 09:01 PM..

Old 10-17-2021, 04:42 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 48,001,428 times
Quote:

At least, Atlanta lucked out in the NLCS seed the way that worked. Now, they are a step closer to not only advance themselves as a contender, but to also stick it to MLB for the stupid and unnecessary decision of pulling the All-Star Game out of there. Plus, they have stars on their roster who are overdue, and now is their time to show the world what they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
All the best to the Astros winning their first legitimate WS. Good luck
Players are moving on from that (see Marcus Stroman). So should fans. Even your Yankees in the past, plus this year's Rockies team, plus the Dodgers' Trevor Bauer have also been accused of some form of cheating.

This is 2021 as I write this. I'm keeping this thread on topic as should all the others.

As it is, your comment is now nothing more than sour grapes because my Astros have your Yankees' number. Get back to me when your team finally wins A championship once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Painful exit for our Rays, but our Braves just punched their ticket to the NLCS again. I like our chances because our pitching is peaking at the right time. Our defense has been pretty good, but our hitting needs to come around.

Our bats are past due for a big breakout.

I hope our Braves can make it to the next level this year and get into the big dance.
Well, they're already there. Fried and Morton are the real deal. They finally have their spotlight now and it would be great for you guys to get back to the World Series, and Morton's been there before. A rematch of Astros-Braves from Houston's National League playoff days would be great to see.

Old 10-18-2021, 04:09 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
At least, Atlanta lucked out in the NLCS seed the way that worked. Now, they are a step closer to not only advance themselves as a contender, but to also stick it to MLB for the stupid and unnecessary decision of pulling the All-Star Game out of there. Plus, they have stars on their roster who are overdue, and now is their time to show the world what they can do.

Players are moving on from that (see Marcus Stroman). So should fans. Even your Yankees in the past, plus this year's Rockies team, plus the Dodgers' Trevor Bauer have also been accused of some form of cheating.

This is 2021 as I write this. I'm keeping this thread on topic as should all the others.

As it is, your comment is now nothing more than sour grapes because my Astros have your Yankees' number. Get back to me when your team finally wins A championship once again.

Well, they're already there. Fried and Morton are the real deal. They finally have their spotlight now and it would be great for you guys to get back to the World Series, and Morton's been there before. A rematch of Astros-Braves from Houston's National League playoff days would be great to see.

Of course, of the four remaining teams, I want the Astros to win the World Series (this is the 14th season they've been my home team, and they're my #3 team (after the two Bay Area teams, the Giants and the A's), The Braves would be the next ranked desired choice tis year, and then the Red Sox. I really don't want the Dodgers to win the World Series this year.

Old 10-18-2021, 03:42 PM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
Done dont like
all the teams left so wont be watching
I wouldn't be watching your team either. ChopChop Go Braves!

Old 10-18-2021, 03:44 PM

25,812 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think Dave Roberts will use having to start on the road as motivation for the team. It puts a chip on their shoulder. They won 2 of 3 in San Francisco. Road, home does not matter. Roberts has to keep them focused. They beat the hottest team in baseball and then the team with the best record. They have to stay focused and take care of business in Atlanta.
Dave Roberts failed.

Now, the Braves have a snowballs chance...

Old 10-19-2021, 01:36 PM

6,931 posts, read 3,766,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

It is 2021, why is Correa still checking his wristwatch? Is it an Apple watch? is he checking for tee times? free agency negotiations? plenty of time for those soon enough

Old 10-19-2021, 07:53 PM

30,189 posts, read 11,827,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Dave Roberts failed.

Now, the Braves have a snowballs chance...

It felt like the season was slipping away tonight. Then Bellinger got it done. Braves have to be feeling some PSTD after blowing a 3-1 lead last season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball