Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 01:15 PM

484 posts, read 468,714 times

Advertisements

^ Precisely. They've won one World Series under Cashman. He's lasted exponentially longer than he would have if The Boss were still around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 11:54 PM

389 posts, read 401,174 times
I started this thread and I am going to add a few more things to say. I don’t believe there is anything working against the Yankees. The only thing that can stop them from success is themselves. I really believe that. You can scream and shout, as a fan, or do say nothing, but ultimately the results are in the hands of the people on the field. That’s my opinion.

Now people are going to be calling local sports radio stations to point the blame on who they think is at fault here. The manager, the pitcher, the infield, etc. People like to voice their opinion, but what’s the point? Do you really think that Brian Cashman is going be to listening to a radio station and base his decision on who stays and who goes by some caller who lives in the suburbs?

I am not a fan of this team, however, I can sympathize with their fans. Playoff games, ever since, have left fans disappointed in the fall. So if you are a fan of the Yankees, you have a reason to be upset. In fact, I would be bitter as well. It’s tough to stay hopeful and optimistic for the future. It’s a winter to wait through, then you have to wait the beginning of next season for reasons of hope. Then again, this is the nature of baseball. Someone always goes home in the end. Loosing in the playoffs is one thing. Loosing to your rival is another, and this rivalry just had another chapter in the books.

Old 10-06-2021, 06:33 AM

653 posts, read 785,630 times
The Yankees are a team that has been assembled strictly to hit HRs. I've seen so many "great" lineups go dark in the playoffs. Brian Cashman is lucky to still be the GM. No way in hell The Boss would have him there still. Hal seems to be content just making his money and not winning. I don't understand why the game became all about HRs over the past couple years(?). Whatever happened to the table-setters at the top of a lineup? Anthony Rizzo (.248 Avg) led off last night and Joey Gallo (.199 Avg) was cleanup. I'd love to see the Yankees get more quality starters and more OBP guys to hit in front of Judge and Stanton.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:41 AM

25,818 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker96 View Post
Whether you call it sports karma, a higher power, or just being at the right place at the right time, I am convinced that something is working against the Yankees.

After watching them exchange punches with Houston over the weekend, I was appalled when Houston hit the knockout. Having seen Jose Altuve hit a walk off home run on Sunday obviously brought back memories of the 2019 ALCS.

So is the sport of baseball going to catch up with the Yankees? Even though I am from the NYC region, I don’t consider myself biased. It’s not fair how the Astros did the Yankees, and Rob Manfred knows it.

They say two wrongs don’t make a right. However, if the Yankees win it all this year, will that balance the tipped scales of baseball justice?
Fist, the Yankees lost their Division to the Rays, who are paid 1/5th the salaries as the Yanks, then the Yankees lost their Wild Card game to the Red Sox.

The Yankees are in a downward spiral even though they outspend nearly every team by tens of millions of dollars. Monday can't buy happiness, and it can't buy the World Series for the Yankees....season over, time to clean house and rebuild.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Both the Dodgers and Yankees were cheated out of a WS, the Yankess atleast from appearing in one, absolutley, hundred percent. Unfortunately, in hindsight, 2017 was their last window of opportunity.
I'd be for selling at the trade deadline but who are they selling worth anything and for what. At this point I no longer trust Cashman and Oppenheimers scouting and decision making.
...and for that you are wise.

Old 10-06-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
The Yankees are a team that has been assembled strictly to hit HRs. I've seen so many "great" lineups go dark in the playoffs. Brian Cashman is lucky to still be the GM. No way in hell The Boss would have him there still. Hal seems to be content just making his money and not winning. I don't understand why the game became all about HRs over the past couple years(?). Whatever happened to the table-setters at the top of a lineup? Anthony Rizzo (.248 Avg) led off last night and Joey Gallo (.199 Avg) was cleanup. I'd love to see the Yankees get more quality starters and more OBP guys to hit in front of Judge and Stanton.
They need to take baseball operations 101 from the Rays, who have cleaned the Yanks clocks the last 11 years spending 1/5th as much.

The Yanks need new ownership, & a new GM at the very least. In the past 2 years, the low paid Rays beat the Yanks in Yankee stadium 13 times in 18 games....13-5...wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball