Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-12-2021, 12:20 AM
 
389 posts, read 401,372 times
Reputation: 343

Advertisements

Whether you call it sports karma, a higher power, or just being at the right place at the right time, I am convinced that something is working against the Yankees.

After watching them exchange punches with Houston over the weekend, I was appalled when Houston hit the knockout. Having seen Jose Altuve hit a walk off home run on Sunday obviously brought back memories of the 2019 ALCS.

So is the sport of baseball going to catch up with the Yankees? Even though I am from the NYC region, I don’t consider myself biased. It’s not fair how the Astros did the Yankees, and Rob Manfred knows it.

They say two wrongs don’t make a right. However, if the Yankees win it all this year, will that balance the tipped scales of baseball justice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-12-2021, 01:58 AM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
9,774 posts, read 7,491,769 times
Reputation: 4126
They had a 7-2 lead in the 9th inning and their "all star" closer never appeared in the game despite last pitching on Tuesday and not playing again until Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2021, 07:37 AM
 
Location: USA
6,943 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Reputation: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker96 View Post
I am convinced that something is working against the Yankees.
Yes, Brian Cashman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2021, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
6,406 posts, read 8,997,048 times
Reputation: 8507
Yankees aren't good enough. It's that simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2021, 10:09 AM
 
Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,617 posts, read 81,316,164 times
Reputation: 57872
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker96 View Post
Whether you call it sports karma, a higher power, or just being at the right place at the right time, I am convinced that something is working against the Yankees.

After watching them exchange punches with Houston over the weekend, I was appalled when Houston hit the knockout. Having seen Jose Altuve hit a walk off home run on Sunday obviously brought back memories of the 2019 ALCS.

So is the sport of baseball going to catch up with the Yankees? Even though I am from the NYC region, I don’t consider myself biased. It’s not fair how the Astros did the Yankees, and Rob Manfred knows it.

They say two wrongs don’t make a right. However, if the Yankees win it all this year, will that balance the tipped scales of baseball justice?
Not very likely, being 8 games back at the all-star break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Yankees aren't good enough. It's that simple.
Yes, this is why they won't make the playoffs this year. Sometimes spending the most money doesn't translate to winning. For those that love to hate the Yankees, this is a treat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-17-2021, 08:26 PM
 
30,192 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Reputation: 18700
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker96 View Post
Whether you call it sports karma, a higher power, or just being at the right place at the right time, I am convinced that something is working against the Yankees.

After watching them exchange punches with Houston over the weekend, I was appalled when Houston hit the knockout. Having seen Jose Altuve hit a walk off home run on Sunday obviously brought back memories of the 2019 ALCS.

So is the sport of baseball going to catch up with the Yankees? Even though I am from the NYC region, I don’t consider myself biased. It’s not fair how the Astros did the Yankees, and Rob Manfred knows it.

They say two wrongs don’t make a right. However, if the Yankees win it all this year, will that balance the tipped scales of baseball justice?

I think Houston should have gotten the death penalty for what they did. Just break up the team among the other teams and end the franchise. Or make them start over with leftover players and draft picks. As a Dodger fan they stole a world series from us. And probably the Yankees. Meanwhile they are back as one of the best teams this year. At the minimum they should have had to vacate their world series win. But the MLB does not have any teeth. Pete Rose gets a lifetime ban but the Astros. Nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2021, 06:29 PM
 
Location: USA
6,943 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Reputation: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think Houston should have gotten the death penalty for what they did. Just break up the team among the other teams and end the franchise. Or make them start over with leftover players and draft picks. As a Dodger fan they stole a world series from us. And probably the Yankees. Meanwhile they are back as one of the best teams this year. At the minimum they should have had to vacate their world series win. But the MLB does not have any teeth. Pete Rose gets a lifetime ban but the Astros. Nothing.
Both the Dodgers and Yankees were cheated out of a WS, the Yankess atleast from appearing in one, absolutley, hundred percent. Unfortunately, in hindsight, 2017 was their last window of opportunity.
I'd be for selling at the trade deadline but who are they selling worth anything and for what. At this point I no longer trust Cashman and Oppenheimers scouting and decision making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2021, 02:19 PM
 
30,192 posts, read 11,840,179 times
Reputation: 18700
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Both the Dodgers and Yankees were cheated out of a WS, the Yankess atleast from appearing in one, absolutley, hundred percent. Unfortunately, in hindsight, 2017 was their last window of opportunity.
I'd be for selling at the trade deadline but who are they selling worth anything and for what. At this point I no longer trust Cashman and Oppenheimers scouting and decision making.

That is a dumpster fire. Judge is still a superstar but even Chapman is no longer what he was. I saw last night they had him pitch the 9th inning of a game with a 8 run lead. And Stanton who seemed like a great addition has been hurt more than healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2021, 04:09 AM
 
24,560 posts, read 18,305,114 times
Reputation: 40261
The best team $203,199,085 can buy. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2021, 12:23 PM
 
Location: USA
6,943 posts, read 3,777,471 times
Reputation: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The best team $203,199,085 can buy. LOL
Total failure by the GM and his henchmen at the top (not the field manager's fault) and no accountability held by ownership. A disaster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top