Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 11:21 PM

9,766 posts, read 7,487,391 times

Advertisements

0-2 in the Wildcard round, 0-2 overall.

Rays over the Red Sox in 4 games. I don't know the status of J.D. Martinez, and the Rays are a better all around team: at the plate, on defense, in the rotation, and especially in the bullpen.

I'll keep my White Sox in 4 prediction because the Sox rotation is so much better.

I'll keep Brewers in 3, and I'll go the Dodgers beating the Giants in 5 games. This is gonna be a heavyweight title fight. The Giants won 1 more game overall, and 1 more game in the season series, but I'll go with the better roster and that's the Dodgers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 11:49 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I wish the Dodgers (who left Brooklyn) the Yanks, & the Red Sox could all be swept aside, but so sad for me, that can't happen.

I do like the Cards though because I used to live there during the Ozzie Smith era.
The Dodgers sent the Cards home tonight with a 3-1 loss after CT3 hit a walk off home run in the bottom of the 9th with Bellinger on second.
Maybe next year……

Old 10-07-2021, 05:12 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
World Series:
Yankees in 6 over the Cardinals.
It wouldn't be Yankees vs. Dodgers which is probably what FOX executives want first, and not Red Sox vs. Dodgers which would probably be #2 in the FOX executives list of potential World Series matchups, but Yankees vs. Cardinals, the 2 most successful franchises in the league playing for all the marbles would be a pretty good consolation prize for FOX I would believe. Since this year may very well be the last of the 2 Wildcard system, it would be fitting to see it end with 2 Wildcard's playing for the Title for the first time since 2014.
I think the moral of the story is, whoever 7express picks to win, the opposite will happen!

Old 10-07-2021, 06:31 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 2 days ago)

52,706 posts, read 48,001,428 times
Default Phillips Off The Rays' Post-Season Roster

OK, you guys, this decision by Kevin Cash is a head-scratcher. I know that Brett Phillips is more clutch than what some think.

https://www.mlb.com/news/brett-phill...mpact-for-rays

Old 10-12-2021, 07:54 PM

The 2016 World Series saw two teams from the Central division go all the way to the end: The Cleveland Indians out of the AL Central, and the Chicago Cubs out of the NL Central who won the title and broke the curse.

Since that 2016 World Series, AL & NL Central teams have combined to play in 22 series or Wildcard games, and the division has a combined 3-19 mark in postseason series including a dismal 0-7record in the expanded 2020 season when the 2 divisions made up almost half of the total field and yet they won only 2 games between them.

Old 10-12-2021, 10:28 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,112,870 times
Great to see Braves move on. While they have had a few playoff runs in a row, its a pleasure to watch one of my favorite players on a rival roster, Freddie Freeman, move on. He handled the rebuild with 100% class, never wavering from his consistent, top tier performance.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:56 AM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Great to see Braves move on. While they have had a few playoff runs in a row, its a pleasure to watch one of my favorite players on a rival roster, Freddie Freeman, move on. He handled the rebuild with 100% class, never wavering from his consistent, top tier performance.
I'll be honest that part of me likes both teams, for that NLDS. And that I would've been happy, even if the Brewers had moved on. That said I also like the Braves, and am fine with them moving on. The Braves have LOOOONG deserved another WS win, and it'd be nice if they surprised all the doubters and won one this year. Though I know it'll probably be tough in the NLCS, having to travel west to either SF or LA for some games.

I'm still pretty bummed the Rays are out of the playoffs, and same with the White Sox. Sorry but not a fan of the Trashtros cheating in 2017, and I'm also weary of the Red Sox since they also cheated in 2018. So at this point, I will root for whoever wins the NLCS in the WS.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:46 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,977,147 times
Dodgers 2, Giants 1….. final!
Bring on Atlanta!

Old 10-15-2021, 02:21 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,294,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Dodgers 2, Giants 1….. final!
Bring on Atlanta!
On paper at least, the Dodgers should rip through Atlanta like General Sherman.

Old 10-15-2021, 02:27 AM

I think I'm like 1-8 so far. And usually I'd work this to my advantage and put a hex over a team I don't like but I don't even like any of these 4 teams left, so I can't even do that .

Astros over Red Sox in 6. Who says cheaters never win?? This is actual proof cheaters prosper! And if the manager is only going to get a 60 game suspension, what's stopping other teams from using apple watches to steal signs or banging trash cans??

Dodgers over Braves in 5. The Braves are really the only reason I'm going to watch more than 2 innings, so I guess I'll jinx the Dodgers, though I think the Dodgers/Giants series was the only series I actually got right. Freddie Freeman is a great guy, by far my favorite non Nat in the majors, and would love to see him finally get a ring for his commitment to the city of Atlanta.

I'll go Dodgers over Astros in 6 for my new World Series pick.....for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball