Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 08:42 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,554,225 times

Advertisements

It has to be either the Mets or Padres - they both will finish under .500 and at one time were near the top of their division. If I were a fan of either team I would probably boycott.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2021, 11:12 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,589,342 times
The Padres.

Say what you will about the Mets, but the Padres: Made the playoffs last year (Mets didn't). Obliterated their farm system in offseason trades to upgrade the rotation (Mets had no farm system to obliterate.....and it's not like Rosario or Gimenez were that great in Cleveland either), lead MLB in wins as recently as Memorial Day (Mets were never that good) and still had the 5th most wins as recently as August 10 (I don't think the Mets were ever any more than 10 games above .500). Also, they have about $500 million owed to the left side of their infield (which of course the Mets only are paying Lindor $340 million right now).

Old 10-02-2021, 09:52 AM

Good points- maybe the Twins come in 3rd,

I'm a Dodger fan and I know Wainright is especially good at beating us.

Old 10-02-2021, 01:53 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
Good points- maybe the Twins come in 3rd,

I'm a Dodger fan and I know Wainright is especially good at beating us.
Same with the Cards in general recently too, especially in playoff series the last 10 years. I think they'll be OK over 1 game, but I think the regular season series was only 4-3.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:56 AM

26,527 posts, read 13,367,396 times
The Yankees for sure by spending so much on payroll, & barely making it into a wild card game, then losing.

The Mets are right there with them too however.

The state of New York went 0 for 2, & both front offices are terrible, so I don't see anything changing.

Old 10-07-2021, 11:53 AM

The state of New York went 0 for 2, & both front offices are terrible, so I don't see anything changing.[/quote]
The State of New York blew it by letting the Dodgers go and replacing them with the Mets. It would be like if I took your steak off your plate and ate it and then returning it 24 hours later -fully digested.

Old 10-17-2021, 06:07 AM

Quote:
The state of New York went 0 for 2, & both front offices are terrible, so I don't see anything changing.
The State of New York blew it by letting the Dodgers go and replacing them with the Mets. It would be like if I took your steak off your plate and ate it and then returning it 24 hours later -fully digested.[/quote]

My family in Brooklyn was devastated when the Brooklyn dodgers left. To this day, I still don't like the Dodgers. I did like the 1969 Miracle Mets though, but after that...nah.

Old 10-17-2021, 09:45 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,018,938 times
Quote:
The State of New York blew it by letting the Dodgers go and replacing them with the Mets. It would be like if I took your steak off your plate and ate it and then returning it 24 hours later -fully digested.[/quote]

The Mets blew it by passing on Bloom for GM and going with the sports agent. A fatal mistake. That was that.
The Yankees refusal now to fire anyone other than rank and file coaches has held them back. They were cheated out of a WS in 2017 in what was probably their best window of opportunity with this group.

Old 10-19-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
The State of New York blew it by letting the Dodgers go and replacing them with the Mets. It would be like if I took your steak off your plate and ate it and then returning it 24 hours later -fully digested.
The Mets blew it by passing on Bloom for GM and going with the sports agent. A fatal mistake. That was that.
The Yankees refusal now to fire anyone other than rank and file coaches has held them back. They were cheated out of a WS in 2017 in what was probably their best window of opportunity with this group.[/quote]

The Mets and Yankees have not been getting a strong return on their player investments in years. In all these years, players come and players go, but the front offices have stayed the same, so they are to blame.

Let's see if Steve Cohen can turn the Mets around.

Old 10-21-2021, 04:27 PM

17,742 posts, read 22,522,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Yankees for sure by spending so much on payroll, & barely making it into a wild card game, then losing.

The Mets are right there with them too however.

^^^^^THIS.

Spend a ton, get to go home in September!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball