Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
No offense to any Mets fans who may be peeping in on this thread, but my experience is that most of them are a special blend of delusional and slow on the uptake.
It wasn't always that way. Unfortunately that's what does make up a large portion of the fanbase today. Of course, not every Mets fan behaves that way, but the newer fans with entitlement issues have replaced the older fans who were once the best fans around. The Mets fans I knew growing up worked their fingers to the bone, and then watched a team that did the same. They were fans who a lot of the time didn't finish in first place in life, and again, they supported a team that had a similar fate more often than not. Some of these said fans were my favorite family members of all time, so I'm not trying to put anyone down. It's just the way things were.

Quote:
That organization is a total mess- I hope they give Minaya a ten-year extension If anyone is going to take over when the Phillies are ready to abdicate the top of the NL East, it'll be the Braves.
The Wilpons deserve Minaya. Minaya deserves this team in the shape that it's currently in. They've earned every empty seat, and every empty seat yet to come this year. When it's all said and done, there should be a valuable lesson to be learned, but none of them will understand it. They never counted on the real fans catching on, but they did, and they're not putting up with this organization anymore. If they were, there wouldn't be reports of people around this city carrying backpacks full of literally thousands of free tickets to Citi Field, and they're not even giving them away as easily as they thought they would.

Quote:
Though most Met fans I think, like you said, have finally accepted the reality of the situation (albeit a couple of years late).
The older fans who were in it for the long haul have figured it out. The newer bandwagon fans who were showing up for the last year at Shea to start fights and act like idiots... Well, those are the people who will be taking the freebies, and there are going to be plenty more to be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 08:33 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,089 times
The Flying Hawaiian was off the chain tonight.

5 RBI's.

14 - 7 Phils.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 AM

"If Kyle Kendrick was the opposing picther last night, the game would have never ended!" Angelo Cataldi 610WIP

Hurry back Blanton...

Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
"If Kyle Kendrick was the opposing picther last night, the game would have never ended!" Angelo Cataldi 610WIP

Hurry back Blanton...
And how. Fortunately, they should be able to skip KK's next scheduled start as it falls on an off day, and maybe Blanton will be back by then. I hope. They will be out here in Arizona next weekend, and I don't want to have to drive to Phoenix just to watch Kendrick throw batting practice.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 PM

mb919^^^

lol.

I have to admit I was a litte worried last night watching the game. Then I realized this team is the new Big Red machine.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:17 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,817,492 times
14-7? Was this the Phils or the Eagles? Seriously, though, the starting pitching has issues once you get past Doc and Happ. I would give Kendrick one more shot, and if he lays another egg, he goes back to AAA. Figueroa pitched good last night..maybe give him a start or two before Blanton comes back? Then if Moyer starts to tank, maybe its time to give Pedro a call.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,817,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
If they were, there wouldn't be reports of people around this city carrying backpacks full of literally thousands of free tickets to Citi Field, and they're not even giving them away as easily as they thought they would.

That won't be good for the Mets when the Phils come to town...tickets at CBP are hard to come by, and it could end up like last weeks Phils-Nats series in DC....the Nats were like the away team on their own field. I could see a lot of Philly fans taking the short trip up to Flushing.

I'm actually hoping to get Phils-Mets tickets in NY this year...I like going to away games, I've never been to Citi Field other than when it was still under construction, and tickets will probably be easier to come by than in Philly...plus, NY is about the same distance from me as Philly...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:33 PM

I Guess you can't win every game. But damn..We could of won this game..

Old 04-15-2010, 08:15 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,236,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm actually hoping to get Phils-Mets tickets in NY this year...I like going to away games, I've never been to Citi Field other than when it was still under construction, and tickets will probably be easier to come by than in Philly...plus, NY is about the same distance from me as Philly...
You could use Martz Trailways from Scranton to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and get out to Citi Field on the 7 Train. The walk from the Port Authority to the Times Square subway station is only a (long) block from 8th Avenue to 7th Avenue.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
That won't be good for the Mets when the Phils come to town...tickets at CBP are hard to come by, and it could end up like last weeks Phils-Nats series in DC....the Nats were like the away team on their own field. I could see a lot of Philly fans taking the short trip up to Flushing.

Phillies fans have had a strong presence at Citi Field so far, just as they came out in big numbers the last few years at Shea.

I remember being at Shea for an early game in the final season, and I think it was Opening Day which was against the Phillies. I don't remember what kind of giveaway the Mets handed out that day, but it was something that was just the perfect shape and size for kicking around. There was a procession of Phillies fans in the concourse lined up to take their turn kicking the item as far as they could. I have to admit, I was laughing out loud at that. Nobody was swearing at anyone. Nobody was starting a fight with anyone else. Just a group of people who made the trip and got a little fired up. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball