Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 PM

77,702 posts, read 59,844,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
So let me guess you just watch Miami vs Lakers games? do you really only follow 4 teams? Miami, Boston, LAC and OKC? and who ever is the top 4 teams is all that matters? just following the super stars? I know to some the only teams that matter are the top 4 or 6 and nobody cares about the rest. Like I said Milwaukee is only 2.1 Million strong not 20 Million like NYC or 13 Million like LA or 10 Million like Chicago or 6.5 like Dallas but only 5.7 million in the entire state. So yeah we don't have a lot of fans on CDF or even in the NBA, what are we supposed to do? crawl away and just be glad we aren't Seattle or San Diego or Tampa or St Louis or B'more or Pittsburgh or Cincy or Kansas City or Las Vegas or San Jose or Columbus or Austin or Nashville and just be happy we have a NBA team and shut up?

Look I get it, it's all Lebron and Kobe on NBA.COM and ESPN and Fox Sports and who ever is the NBA champs whether it's Miami or Boston or LA or PHX or San Antonio those fans show up in droves at the Bradley center and out number the Bucks fans. Do you mean to tell me thousands of OKC, Miami, Boston, Lakers and now Clipper fans exists in Milwaukee enough to out number the Bucks fans?

The answer is No of course not, the truth is most including LAC, Miami, Boston, Chicago and Lakers fans are band wagon fans just like the Bucks fans in Milwaukee.

So I don't smack my self in the back whenever the Bucks win I high five myself whenever the Bucks win and I think it's a great day whenever the Bucks win, I don't root for the player like most 99% of NBA fans do! I root for the team, the city and the fact their are a lot bigger cities that don't have a NBA like Milwaukee does. Until 1992 Milwaukee was the winning-est team in NBA history so from 1969-1992 there wasn't a team that had a higher winning percentage than the Bucks. So what do you want? Bucks fans from 1969 until 1992 to show pride then go away? 1992-Currently the Bucks have completely sucked except for 2001 Eastern Conference finals and some 5-8 seeds.

When My teams win I am stoked and when they lose I am pissed! My enthusiasm doesn't go up and down whether my team is relevant or people care nationally.

If you have that attitude about the Bucks then I suspect you don't watch any teams with double digit losses just follow the bandwagon. Maybe I should do the same, set my email preferences to when the Bucks make the NBA Finals then I should pay attention to my team because then other people might care and think we are relevant because the only teams that matter in the NBA are THE TOP 4!

This is the problem of the NBA, too many fans like you. Milwaukee gets one game on National TV a year and I am glad we get that. Unlike you I enjoy watching all team like a Cleveland -vs- Washington Game. You mean to tell me if it was Bucks -vs- Pacers you wouldn't watch because there is no Lebron or Kobe?

If that is the case let's just get rid of all the NBA teams except Chi, LA, LAC, NYK, BKN and what ever team lebron and Durant are on because that is all that matters.

I understand I am on an island about this issue, but I would rather watch a match up between a 8 and 9 seed to see who get's into the playoffs than Lebron -vs- you name it, it doesn't matter to me team as long as it's lebron or Kobe or Durant.
1. I applaud your fan support.

2. Sorry for jabbing you a bit, just the Bucks just are kinda lost in the middle. They generally aren't good enough to get attention or bad enough to get attention. <shrug>

3. I'm a fan of whatever is meaningfully interesting and lol...far from a bandwagoner. For example, the heat this year are boring. They will win the east, there is nothing that intriguing about watching them play. The West is more interesting because you have some up and coming young teams as well as the lakers struggles which have league-wide repercussions as it might lead to Dwight Howard coming back on the market. Houston is interesting given all the personnel changes, Golden state is interesting because they've come out of nowhere....the Knicks are interesting as they are a surprise and so on and so forth.

When D. Rose returns, the bulls will be fascinating to see how he has recovered and if they will be able to maybe challenge Miami next year if he's healthy.

So basically, I follow the NBA for a variety of reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 AM

139 posts, read 141,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. I applaud your fan support.

2. Sorry for jabbing you a bit, just the Bucks just are kinda lost in the middle. They generally aren't good enough to get attention or bad enough to get attention. <shrug>

3. I'm a fan of whatever is meaningfully interesting and lol...far from a bandwagoner. For example, the heat this year are boring. They will win the east, there is nothing that intriguing about watching them play. The West is more interesting because you have some up and coming young teams as well as the lakers struggles which have league-wide repercussions as it might lead to Dwight Howard coming back on the market. Houston is interesting given all the personnel changes, Golden state is interesting because they've come out of nowhere....the Knicks are interesting as they are a surprise and so on and so forth.

When D. Rose returns, the bulls will be fascinating to see how he has recovered and if they will be able to maybe challenge Miami next year if he's healthy.

So basically, I follow the NBA for a variety of reasons.
Yes, thats painfully true.
I am a Bucks fan, but more importantly, a NBA fan. Just like the Cowboys are my team, but I love the NFL.
Remember the Bucks beat the Heat this year, so the Heat have a weak spot.
I like the young teams. They are fun to watch. I agree with your observations on Houston and Golden State.
Still, I wouldnt disparage another's choice in team. Your post was more than a jab, it was downright a blow.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Bucks falter to the Pistons

It was another 3rd quarter meltdown as the Milwaukee Bucks fell to the Detroit Pistons, 103-87. The Bucks led at half time, 49-41 and had Bucks fans hoping for a third straight win under interim head coach Jim Boylan.
Brandon Jennings had 15 points, Beno Udrin 15p/3a, and Monta Ellis had 13p/4r/5a.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM

8,275 posts, read 22,986,942 times

Go Inside Marquis Daniels' Ride - YouTube

Old 01-18-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Nice ride. Daniels isnt my favorite player, but he seems like a nice, quiet laid back guy. Its always great to learn these human things about your team.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 AM

Default Late rally pushes Bucks ahead of Suns

A late rally pushed the Bucks ahead of the Suns in a 98-94 win.
It was a long time since the Bucks won in Phoenix, 26 years to be exact, and 24 games.
Monta Ellis had 24 points.
I saw the first half of this game and I thought for sure they would lose. Once again, they started out strong and then lost steam as the game went on. During the time I watched it though, the score was close.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM

House Confidential: Latrell Sprewell’s Rocking Bungalow | Urban Milwaukee

Old 07-11-2013, 08:01 PM

Jeff Teague excited to be in Bucks plans

It's sure nice to have a point guard that want's to be in Milwaukee. I loved BJ3 but he is not a top 3 pg as he said and was not worth 12M a year.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 PM

We Didn't Forget About the Bucks! | Bill and Jalen's 2013 NBA Preview | Rank no. 15 - YouTube

http:What'sUpwiththeMilwaukeeBucks

The Milwaukee Bucks don't believe in tanking, which makes them misguided -- or wonderful.

There was a time when the Milwaukee Bucks lorded over the NBA’s Central Division as perennial contenders. In the mid-1980s, Don Nelson still had a modicum of structure in his nightly war plan (Nellie’s Bucks consistently ranked in the bottom half of the league in pace), and the Bucks ran off seven straight divisional titles between 1979 and 1986.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:17 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,380,257 times
I hope the Bucks do well. But they're not good enough this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball