Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 09:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The Pacers shut down the Heat tonight. All you Pacer haters can (expletive deleted) it!!
The Heat are now 8 - 6; who would have thought that the Pacers would beat Miami 93-77; I guess Wade is still out with injuries. Talk of the Heat collapsing before before our eyes seems like a real possibility.

Speaking of Florida losses; the Spurs took on the Magic and won 106-97. San Antonio is definitely looking very competitive and the Western Conference is dominate.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:14 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Wow! Spurs shut down the Magic late in the game with some clutch plays by Ginobilli. The guy looks like an All-Star all over again.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The Heat are now 8 - 6; who would have thought that the Pacers would beat Miami 93-77; I guess Wade is still out with injuries. Talk of the Heat collapsing before before our eyes seems like a real possibility.
D-Wade was playing, hurt wrist and all.

I do love watching the Heat struggle, but not as much as I love watching my Pacers shut them down in the 4th quarter. The defense was stout last night!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
I thought he Heat would win 67 games this season and be unstoppable!

Old 11-23-2010, 09:03 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Bulls Lakers tonight. I am interested to see how the Bulls matchup against the leagues best. We blew a lead against the Spurs, so hopefully they learned from that. I heard Taj Gibson is questionable for tonights game which would be a pretty big blow if he is out, good news the reports are it might only be 1-2 games if any. Once Boozer gets back, Taj will be one of the best 6th men in the league if he continues to play the way he has.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:18 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
Quote:
D-Wade was playing, hurt wrist and all.

I do love watching the Heat struggle, but not as much as I love watching my Pacers shut them down in the 4th quarter. The defense was stout last night!
Hopefully the Pacers will have a hang-over tonight against the Cavs though

The cHeat are looking like they are falling apart fast...Spo isn't going to make it to Christmas at this rate before Old slick cheater Riley himself goes down to the bench. Guess Bosh & LeJudas are more interested in 'chilling' on South Beach than working hard on team chemistry and getting better.

I'm just waiting for LeJudas to have some new 'mysterious' injury in the next 8 days so he doesn't have to show his face at the Q next Thursday night.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Hopefully the Pacers will have a hang-over tonight against the Cavs though
Tonight against the Cavs was the true test of this Pacer team. Last year, this is a game they would have lost by 30. Could it be? Have the Pacers finally turned a corner? I think so.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
Quote:
Tonight against the Cavs was the true test of this Pacer team. Last year, this is a game they would have lost by 30. Could it be? Have the Pacers finally turned a corner? I think so.
Have to admit, they looked like the team coming off of a 2-day rest while the Cavs looked like the team playing the 2nd game of a back-to-back. It was brutal to watch as a Cavs fan, the Pacers can really shoot the ball, if they keep that up, I'll have to revise my original prediction and say they make the playoffs this season.

I'm getting concerned about the Cavaliers, it's seems at times like they are already going through the motions in late November. I really thought they would play w/more of a chip on their shoulder throughout the season to prove they were more than just LeJudas and 11 other guys before as everyone said. Last night was just pathetic, the final score was much closer than the game really was as they were down by as much as 34 in the 3rd quarter. While I like Byron Scott as a coach so far, he really needs to bench Anthony Parker, the guy is killing them, and they need to condense their rotation down to 7 or 8 guys instead of the 9 or 10 that he has been playing. The 4 & 5 spots should have Hickson, Varajeo & Jamison splitting all of those minutes, and at the guard spots it should be a 3-man rotation of Williams, Gibson & Sessions. The 3-spot, just go w/the guy who is playing the best between Moon & Graham. Leave it at that, only go to Ryan Hollins, Leon Powe or Parker if guys get into serious foul trouble.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:05 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
I find it interesting that Cleavland is banning "anti-Lebron" gear for their Heat & Cavs matchup. I wonder if they were having a great season without him like they claimed they would, would the "anti-Lebron" gear be an issue?? Looks like a bad organization that's trying to save face to me. That is one game I hope the Heat win and with a blow out.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 AM

977 posts, read 1,956,497 times
Has anyone else been watching Derrick Rose lately? Guy is playing ridiculous basketball right now. I think if he keeps playing at this level he could win MVP this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball