Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:42 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,057,343 times

Advertisements

Yeah, this looks bad... now he claims he didn't even know what the word contraction was, and wasn't insinuating it either. Could someone get this guy a PR director? He's made some brutal errors in the past 6 months.

LeBron James: I never said I advocated contraction - ESPN

Quote:
"That's crazy, because I had no idea what the word 'contraction' meant before I saw it on the Internet," James said after the Miami Heat's practice Monday. "I never even mentioned that. That word never even came out of my mouth. I was just saying how the league was back in the '80s and how it could be good again. I never said, 'Let's take some of the teams out.'
I guess he forgot about when he mentioned "shrinking" the league down.

If anyone is bored and without a better hobby, read the comments section on the ESPN page - he is getting DRILLED. Even people who agreed with his idea of contraction is drilling him for this odd, ignorant back-pedaling. It's too bad PTI is off for a week because I want to hear Wilbon and Kornheiser LOL @ this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 03:54 AM

711 posts, read 1,137,606 times
LoL!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,958,172 times
O-M-G I LOVE PTI! and I missed them soo much!

This does not surprise me because it was dump of him to say it anyway and someone must have brought to his attention that it was a dump thing to say, so he changed his tune.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,140,321 times
I'm astonished he didn't have a 1 hour ESPN special to announce his DECISION that he didn't mean what he meant.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:57 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,676,875 times
Lebron, just play basketball.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,443,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yeah, this. LBJ stays out of trouble with the law, so I will give him credit for that, but it seems like everytime he opens his mouth he makes more people dislike him.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:16 AM

23,771 posts, read 28,847,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
Yeah, this looks bad... now he claims he didn't even know what the word contraction was, and wasn't insinuating it either. Could someone get this guy a PR director? He's made some brutal errors in the past 6 months.

LeBron James: I never said I advocated contraction - ESPN

I guess he forgot about when he mentioned "shrinking" the league down.
I actually appreciate Labron's comments and think he was standing up for Minnesota.

"Imagine if you could take Kevin Love off Minnesota and add him to another team and you shrink the [league]..."

I believe what he meant by this, was not fewer teams, but shorter players (except for Love). "Taking Love off Minnesota" really means to not take him off Minnesota which in essence means Love would be a giant among the rest of the league's tiny players and help the T-Wolves, a lot.

and this quote...

"Not saying let's take New Jersey and let's take Minnesota out of the league. But hey, you guys are not stupid, I'm not stupid, it would be great for the league."

...is self explanatory and he himself states that he is not stupid.

However, I think it would have been funny had he advocated getting rid of Cleveland because they're no good.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:34 AM

56 posts, read 121,375 times
I bet the Union Rep spoke to him. The Union never wants Contraction. That means less money in fees from members.

David Stern already stated that he wants to cut the players salaries by 700mil. What better way to begin this by cutting the teams that are basically failures. When you have the endorsement of Lebron James. That is just more ammunition for Stern.

With a pending lockout, the Players Union have to have a united front.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,958,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post

Someone needs to pass him this helpful message.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM

77,693 posts, read 59,834,099 times
Let's just chalk this one up to the phenomenon where someone that is really good at something and is constantly surrounded by suck-ups.....starts to think they are wiser than everyone else.

Lebron has a serious case of Penn-Striesand syndrome. Go get him southpark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball