Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls beat Orlando AGAIN tonight. After a slow start they pretty much controlled the game after the first 6 minutes. Dwight Howard even got away with more than he usually does, and they were calling everything on the Bulls. 11 fouls between Asik and Noah -lol. Derrick had a good night, 24 points, but I still think there is room for him to be more efficent on the offensive end, which is a scary thought for the rest of the league.
howard got away with what? nothing wrong their was nothing fishy about the game whatsoever.

next time how about you tweet the bulls players and tell them to quit hacking howard??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 08:06 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
THe bulls centers had 11 fouls on them.

Sorry we didn't just lie down for Dwight like most teams and let him rip up the boards.

If he makes his FT's then they would have had a shot to win.
so in other words your support hacking. I guess you arent a tall man who has ever played basketball before.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
howard got away with what? nothing wrong their was nothing fishy about the game whatsoever.

next time how about you tweet the bulls players and tell them to quit hacking howard??
their?

Howard got away with throwing elbows on 3 different occasions before he finally got called on it. There is nothing wrong with the Bulls players not wanting to give him easy baskets and fouling him, that has been a strategy against big men forever. Howard responding with the whiney, almost on the verge of tears face, as well as throwing elbows shows that he is not mentally tough enough to cope with what the Bulls were doing.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:20 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
i give the bulls a year or two before we talk about The finals.

mas23

Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
so in other words your support hacking. I guess you arent a tall man who has ever played basketball before.
Yeah, I also have a penis and don't cry while watching the oxygen network or when my team gets beat.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 PM

That popping noise you heard today was Lebrons MVP chances.

Rose is IMO starting to look like the clear front runner as the Bulls beat teams like this down the stretch.

I was so sure a month ago but the picture is clearing.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Bulls are 3 games back from the Celtics with 20+ games to go. Unlikely they will catch them unless the Celtics really stumble on some of their road trips AND then the Bulls beat them heads up in April.

Personally, it's just good that the Bulls are pressuring the Celtics so that they can't cruise so much on their minutes but with the Celtics bench depth thats probably minor.

Barring an injury the Celtics are the front runner but the Bulls are coming on strong and have a great young core.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:09 AM

Bulls win again last night, over a Hornets team that was missing CP3. Not exactly a "statement" win, but I thought that game could be a let down game. I usually don't like cliches, but it was the tail end of a back to back, home and away in which they just had an emotional win over a good team (the Heat). So I feared they would be very flat last night, it was nice to see they still played with the same defensive intensity as usual.

Credit to Thibs on that.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls win again last night, over a Hornets team that was missing CP3. Not exactly a "statement" win, but I thought that game could be a let down game. I usually don't like cliches, but it was the tail end of a back to back, home and away in which they just had an emotional win over a good team (the Heat). So I feared they would be very flat last night, it was nice to see they still played with the same defensive intensity as usual.

Credit to Thibs on that.
Yes. They just got through a tough little road trip 4-1 and generally just had a fairly tough section of schedule in the past 5 weeks or so.

Looking ahead their schedule is a lot softer the next 4 weeks or so.

Chicago Bulls 2011 Schedule - Bulls Home and Away - ESPN

If nothing else a strong finish will guarantee home field until Boston and will help Rose's MVP case in a year where it's pretty wide open. This could be the closest MVP voting ever with 5 or more guys within 100pts of each other. Dirk, Kobe, Lebron, Rose, Durant and Howard all can make pretty strong cases.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:08 AM

The 2 seed is becoming a bigger reality with the Heats struggles lately, but with the 76ers on fire the Bulls could still end up facing the Knicks in the first round. While I think the Bulls can beat them, its still not exactly a reward for a great regular season. Usually a 2 seed in the East will get you a cupcake in the first round, doesn't look like it will shake out that way this year.

Bulls in Charlotte tonight, where the Bulls seem to be snake bitten. Hopefully they can put a good game together tonight in the queen city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball