Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whose the best PG of 2010/11
D. Rose 14 53.85%
Chris Paul 4 15.38%
D. Will 3 11.54%
Rondo 2 7.69%
Russell Westbrook 1 3.85%
Other 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:50 PM

320 posts, read 717,612 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of people beatin around the bush and saying D.Rose is "one' of the best PG's in the league. Quite frankly, looking at his stats, the bulls record, they way he outplays other PG's, the way other teams have to double-team him and not to mention the MVP buzz, he's clearly the best point guard in the league.

Here's my list of PG's
1. D.Rose
2. C. Paul
3. D. Will
4. R. Westbrook
5. Rondo (He's # 1 or 2 in the Playoff's)

I'm not saying this b/c I'm a Bull's fan. I just think that there's no one in the league who can guard him one on one. Everything that critics said he needed to improve on, he's improve on dramatically. His scoring, shooting%, 3-point%, assist and defense has all improved this season. Plus, he's a legitimate go-to guy in the clutch. He has the quickest first step and sweetest cross-over I've seen since AI. And he's is as athletic as Blake Griffin. Shoot, the way D.Rose dunks, he should be in the dunk contest.

In the era of great PG's, this year D.Rose is the creme de la creme.

But enough of what I think, what do you guys think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 03:12 AM

711 posts, read 1,143,535 times
It's kind of early to call Rose the Best PG in the league, he is great don't get me wrong but he still has some issues with consistency. This mainly happens when battling point guards with a reputable status.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
Im going with Rondo, although I do think that D Rose is the second best PG right now Imo.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Not sure if he is the best but I would say that none of the others are BETTER than him.

Offensively he is on another level than Rondo whom is surrounded by a lot of offensive options and isn't keyed on like Rose. However, Rondo is one of the best defensive guards in the league so that balances out.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:20 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Rondos defense makes up for his offense. He needs a jump shot but he can score when it is needed. Also tonsils quicker with the ball, makes very good decisions, and passes as good or better. The reason I say rondo is better is because he doesn't have to try to take over games so he doesn't force things which rose has been known to do. Rondo can and has taken over games, and I would say while he has great talent around him, the celtics would be a lot worse with out him.

Now there is something to be said for fitting in and I don't think rose would be as good nor rondo if they switched teams. Same goes for Parker, Paul, Williams. Guys like jkidd and Nash are different, they make themselves fit in, especially Kidd.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:19 PM

78,380 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Rondos defense makes up for his offense. He needs a jump shot but he can score when it is needed. Also tonsils quicker with the ball, makes very good decisions, and passes as good or better. The reason I say rondo is better is because he doesn't have to try to take over games so he doesn't force things which rose has been known to do. Rondo can and has taken over games, and I would say while he has great talent around him, the celtics would be a lot worse with out him.

Now there is something to be said for fitting in and I don't think rose would be as good nor rondo if they switched teams. Same goes for Parker, Paul, Williams. Guys like jkidd and Nash are different, they make themselves fit in, especially Kidd.
I think you see Rondo "take over" when the opposing team is guarding Allen, Pierce etc. heavily.

I guess my bottom line is that Rondo is out there with 3 future HOFers that aren't completely washed up.

Rose is out there with one all-star player and some other solid players.

The Bulls are on pace to pass them for the #1 seed at this rate after a slow start which speaks volumes IMO as to how much more defenses are aimed at Rose instead of Rondo.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 PM

I think you overlook what rondo means. With 3 HOF players in and rondo injured the Cs lost to soft teams. Also consider rondo has more then twice the triple doubles which has little to do with the hof players. He doesn't score but he makes the best team in the east go and that's what a good pg does.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:24 PM

Ultimately it boils down to the system and who fits where.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Rondos foul shooting is a huge liability. You need a PG who can make FTs. Rose isnt top notch at it, but he is not a straight up liability like Rondo is. He is shooting 54% this season from the line thats incredibly bad. Rondo always gets love for "making his teammates better" but they totally overlook how Rose actually makes other guys on his team better too. The only significant edge Rondo has is defense, and that does not make up for...EVERYTHING else D Rose does better.

Rose is significantly more valuable than Rondo, and it's not even close. And a much better player.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 PM

i disagree, i think rondo has had his value over shadowed by the people he plays with. rose has yet to do anything to prove he is better. rose averages more points but the point guard isnt supposed to be the scorer but the facilitator traditionally. they average exactly the same rebounds but rondo averages 4 more assists per game. rondo shoots a much higher fg% though rose shoots much better FT and 3pt. rose has taken 322 FTs to rondos 83 so rondos pour ft shooting is moot. rose 224 from 3 to rondos 29 so again moot. both moot due to rondos minimal attempts, % can be skewed. since 1983 only 1 "best pg" in the league has averaged less then 10= assists in a season. jason kidd did it 3 times and he was the assist leader for the league all 3 years.

so explain to me what exactly rose does so much better? he takes more shots then rondo is about all i can see that he does and while he is scoring more points rondo facilitates the offense and doesnt "ball hog". he takes as many shots per game as monte.

maybe the question is if he is top 5 shooting guards because thats what he plays like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball