Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times

Advertisements

your definition of gracie and mine are apparently much different, OR your just coming in to argue for the sake of arguing.

jordan may have been the greatest but he was NEVER graceful. hell your argument that he was the best 40 yr old ever proves that point. he might have been a great player in the league at 39 years old but he was not a graceful teammate. he came back after being out 4 years with the attitude of "im michael jordan, i can get any team to the playoffs, i will be the best player the wizards have ever seen because IM MICHAEL F-ING JORDAN".... thats not grace, thats ego. kobe and jordan are not graceful, they cant fade into the shadow of retirement and pass the torch, they want/wanted to be the man until the end of days. not to prove they where the best, not to prove anything but simply to stroke their own ego. that my boy is not grace. look at the way bill russell faded out, look at how tim duncan carries himself in his later stages, that is grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 10:02 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Let's make no mistake. Jordan was a giant a-hole at times since he has the competitive nature of a rabid pit-bull. I used to joke that the guy would cheat a 3yo to win a game of Chutes and Ladders.

Jordan had a reputation for brow beating and demoralizing some people as well...on his OWN team no less. He punched Steve Kerr once in practice.

Kobe is cut from much of the same cloth.

Let's face it, most NBA players I wouldn't want to be friends with nor have date my sister etc. They are good at beating other guys at a game and most of them have had their butt kissed since they were age 10 due to athletics.

If they have class, poise or good character eetc. then that's different but we are talking basketball and not humanitarian acheivements.

Who knows how Kobe will end his career...it's uncharted territory. I know he got a pretty large dose of humility after Shaq left and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. (and I don't really like the guy)

Old 02-17-2011, 10:25 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
OR your just coming in to argue for the sake of arguing.
Why do you always take this position? You said something I disagreed with, and I responded. You respond to my comments, not always with agreement. Clearly you're still smarting from the argument a month back regarding HOF players and whatever else we were discussing.

For the record, when you said gracefully, I assumed you were referring to his aging gracefully on court, not his attitude. Now that you've established what you meant, I take back what I said because obviously I misunderstood you. No need for the 'argue for the sake of arguing' line. I have far more important things in my life than holding some personal grudge on a message board with a random poster.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:32 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
lmao i have to say this is kinda funny to me, the fact that you got bent over some sarcasm (maybe i forgot the cute little smiley face to clear that up for you). relax comeback down to earth.

its all good, no worries. i couldnt give to craps about a disagreement over a HOF guy, or mike jordan or kobe or what ever its the webernet man. nothing to fear but 2 girls 1 cup around the webernet!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:47 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Bottom line is that they are now in the 3rd spot with the Thunder. Seeding is gonna be important come playoff time. Also, besides being tired and playing inconsistent, i do believe in karma....having run up the score in their previous meeting with the Cavs was not good.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
RIP Lakers. This final humiliation is the latest in a long line of humiliations for the defending Champs this season. To think that Bryant and company are going to be able to just flick a switch and take over the Western Conference come playoff time is quixotic at best and impossible at worst. This sorry Laker team as it is now playing will likely be knocked out in the first round this year. The argument that LA could beat any team in a seven game series when healthy and motivated has now reached joke status.
Even if lakers come back they are not stopping the .800 record of the spurs.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:26 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,402,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
I was totally stunned (as a Cavs fan)...I first checked the score in the 3rd quarter w/9 minutes to go and they were up 9, had to do a double-take. At that point, I fully expected them to implode as I watched the rest of the game remembering they lost by 55 points just 36 days earlier to those same Lakers, but for the first time really since opening night when they beat the Celtics, they played defense and stayed composed down the stretch, even as the Lakers cut a 10-point lead to 2 in the final 2 minutes. Sessions played a fantastic game, I expected that type of play out of him all season...hoping he just needed some time to get acclimated to the system/team as he has played much better the past month or so. Of course, the day after he plays his best game as a Cav, there is a rumor that the Hawks are going to try and acquire him!
you werent the only one. Me and my cousinw atched the scored and when they were up by 2 in the first minute in the last quarter me and my cousin agreed lakers will win since 4TH quarter is always theirs to explode.

But the lead for cavs kept getting wider and next thing you know theirs 2 MINUTES LEFT(they were up by 9 at that point).

Old 02-18-2011, 12:12 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,933 times
It is over a day later, and I am still amazed the Cavs beat the Lakers...I saw the highlights, and kept thinking, at any moment the Lakers are going to go on a crazy run and win by 15-20...

Problem is, I think the Lakers thought the same thing, without really putting the effort in...

Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
lmao i have to say this is kinda funny to me, the fact that you got bent over some sarcasm (maybe i forgot the cute little smiley face to clear that up for you). relax comeback down to earth.

its all good, no worries. i couldnt give to craps about a disagreement over a HOF guy, or mike jordan or kobe or what ever its the webernet man. nothing to fear but 2 girls 1 cup around the webernet!
It's not the first time you've made the 'are you arguing for the sake of arguing' line. So I'm not to know whether or not you're being sarcastic. But trust me, I'm far from bent over anything you've got to say. I'll just remember to say the same thing everytime you respond to one of my posts. So umm..... stop arguing for the same of doing so

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
im sorry this game was just very funny to me lol.

Where exactly did the lakers go wrong tonight? lmao

I think the Lakers will be ok.......dont worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball