Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Agreed... We talking now though!!!
The thread title is "Miami Heat". I'm addressing both where they are now, why they are there and their future potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 05:07 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The thread title is "Miami Heat". I'm addressing both where they are now, why they are there and their future potential.

ok smartie... Let's get technical. The OP is asking about the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
What do you think is really wrong with the Miami Heat?

They have continue to struggle especially closing out games.

What do you think is their problem?
I don't see "future" anywhere in there...

Old 03-10-2011, 05:53 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

ok smartie... Let's get technical. The OP is asking about the present.

I don't see "future" anywhere in there...

as if this is the only thread on this board that has ever gotten a little "off topic" LMAO

Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 PM

I was surprised to see the Heat do so well on the boards vs. LA with Bynum healthy and playing heavy minutes.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:23 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Maybe it is just me, but I am surprised by the lack of movement in the Heat's offense...

It seems to me that when I am watching Miami play, Wade or Bron is dribbling around and the other guy is just standing on the other side of the court. How come there isnt more cutting and moving without the ball?

Now, Im not saying that is their only problem (lack of size, lack of point guard--come to mind), but sometimes, I dont even think they are maximizing the potential of what they do have now.

As for Bosh, earlier in the year, he said he was looking foward to not being in the paint so much...what did he think the Heat was going to need from him?

Personally, I think the Heat should get at least 10 rebounds from him every night--no excuses.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:59 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Maybe it is just me, but I am surprised by the lack of movement in the Heat's offense...

It seems to me that when I am watching Miami play, Wade or Bron is dribbling around and the other guy is just standing on the other side of the court. How come there isnt more cutting and moving without the ball?

Neither Wade or Lebron are used to playing off the ball. This is where people talk about their games being too similar: ball-dominant, slashers with streaky jumpshots. I think Lebron with his size and athletic advantage should be more on the receiving ends of plays and let Wade do the bulk of the play-handling. I do think these two could learn to compliment each other, but they need to establish clear roles, as opposed to going from one game to the next swapping who does the playmaking and who takes the final shot. It's hurting the rhythm of both players and in particular the less talented role players.

And for god sakes Lebron, you're practically Karl Malone's size with Jordan's athleticism. Get a damn post-game!

Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
It might partially be because they have no bench and are being run to death.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Please Basketball Gods let the Miami Heat play the 76ers in the first round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs.

That series would put the E in Entertainment

Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Its going to be a disaster i the playoffs. Zeke is hurt again.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:

Now, Im not saying that is their only problem (lack of size, lack of point guard--come to mind), but sometimes, I dont even think they are maximizing the potential of what they do have now.

As for Bosh, earlier in the year, he said he was looking foward to not being in the paint so much...what did he think the Heat was going to need from him?

Personally, I think the Heat should get at least 10 rebounds from him every night--no excuses.
I am 100000000000000000% with you about Miami's offense. I'm amazed by the lack of screen roll and pick and pop movement in their offense. The teams that do this the best are the toughest to defend in the NBA.

They also lack an athletic guy at the five-spot. It doesn't hurt them much on offense but it kills them on defense. They get killed on the boards by teams with more athletic centers.

Their bench also needs to be stronger.

If Miami makes it to the conference finals I'll be surprised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball