Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 07:20 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,131,339 times

Advertisements

This is a hypothetical question of course.........

Would you and why/why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2011, 11:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,299,701 times
Default Absolutely

I find him to be highly overrated. Awkward, heavy-footed, moves like a giraffe. Not very athletic. Shoots plenty of short-range jumpers. Not dominant except against inferior opposition. Unreliable in the clutch. Defense nothing to write home about. Doesn't appear to do anything to make his teammates better.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,678,663 times
I think he's a good player that's being utilized incorrectly. Having said that, a good portion of what Lexus says above is true imo. He seems to have bulked up a bit also, which has taken from his quickness which was an advantage. Despite bulking up, he still doesn't have a post-game of note, so that extra weight impacts the best part of his offensive game, which is being out on the perimeter and driving it to the basket against slower footed opposition. I think someone like Al Jefferson would be a better fit for the team, but hey they thought they could make this particular trio work, so time to put up or shut up.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:13 AM

77,754 posts, read 59,900,878 times
I think it's premature to do anything with Bosh. I also think that it would be disloyal to remove him that quickly.

Frankly, if the heat pick up some decent role players in the off-season then it will work out plus the squad just needs more time to gel.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,268,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
This is a hypothetical question of course.........

Would you and why/why not?
No, why would I?

He's one of the most athletic players at the four-spot in the NBA.

Miami needs to run more pick and pops, and screen rolls to take advantage of his talents. He's a guy that needs to work off the ball with guys getting him the ball in good position to score.

Miami's basic problem is in their half court offense they fall in love with isolation sets. When Lebron and Dwayne are hit their jumpers it works great. When they go cold from the outside they suffer.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,787,606 times
Bosh should have signed with the Rockets...and Lebron shoulkd have gone to the Bulls IF they actually cared about winning.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
and Lebron shoulkd have gone to the Bulls IF they actually cared about winning.
Chicago seems to be doing quite well without Lebron( looking at the current standings). They're certainly more cohesive and consistent than Miami is. And adding Lebron to their squad as presently constructed doesn't necessarily equal championship either. I don't think Rose's rise to MVP level would have taken place with Lebron standing at the top of the key every offensive possession i.e dribble,dribble, crab dribble, dribble, dribble style of offense. I think he'd have stymied Rose's growth to some degree, seeing as he's still in the developmental stages as far as being an NBA talent goes( which is scary when you see how good he already is).

I'm still not convinced Lebron has the cajones to lead a team to a championship. Talent yes, but the assassin-like qualities that Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe had/ have? Waiting to see it. He's not even the assassin that Wade is, in my opinion, and Wade's a notch below the guys I mentioned above in that aspect.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,018,075 times
Oildog is talking about bosh and James "caring about winning" nit Chicago and the rockets.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:47 PM

Oh....misread that one badly I guess. My bad Oildog....I still stand by the second part of my comment regarding Lebron's leadership.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:37 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,787,606 times
I agree with your comments on 'Bron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball