Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 05:09 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yes but you can also say the Heat have perhaps built up resiliency with the kind of season they've had. They are no slouches defensively themselves, in fact I'd say they're a very good defensive team. Rebounding edge goes to the Bulls, but as I said before, with Big Z out there popping jumpers that's going to bring Noah out sometimes which leaves one less rebounder for them under the basket. I'm not even making the argument that the Heat would win, but I think saying they have 'no answers' is an overstatement. A team that features both Lebron and Wade isn't going to be an easy out, despite what their regular season record vs team 'X' says...
I respectfully disagree. The Bulls are just a horrendous match-up problem for the Heat, whom I widely acknowledge are much better than they were earlier in the year. I've also noted that the Heat with even someone like Perkins would be a whole other animal.

However, this is not the case. Bulls didn't 4-0 them with repeated paint domination by accident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 06:01 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I respectfully disagree. The Bulls are just a horrendous match-up problem for the Heat, whom I widely acknowledge are much better than they were earlier in the year. I've also noted that the Heat with even someone like Perkins would be a whole other animal.

However, this is not the case. Bulls didn't 4-0 them with repeated paint domination by accident.
I feel like it was 3-0, not 4.

My biggest thing with the Heat though is that they have beat up bad to mediocre teams all year, I don't think anyone is surprised they are handling the 6ers, that doesn't change anything to me. The knock on them was they seemed to struggle against top-tier teams, and I don't know why a couple games vs the 6ers changes anyone's mind on that front.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:10 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Actually, a 5 game series makes it EASIER to upset a team.

Your insinuation that the Bulls championship teams would have lost in the first round had there been an extra 2 games in the series is bizarre. Why don't you tell us EXACTLY which of those 6 championships would have ended in defeat with a 7 game series?

For example in 1998 thier first championship, are you saying that the New Jersey Nets would have gone on a 4 game winning streak after falling behind 3-0? or is it another year?
We will never know the answer because it didn't exist back then. And I believe some of those series would have went 5 games.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:14 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:

I don't expect you to necessarily agree with that assessment. I'm looking at this strictly from an objective stance. My only point to you in all this is, don't judge the playoffs by what happens in the regular season. The Heat have the two of the 3 best players in Basketball on their side...as much as its become popular to dismiss Lebron James nowadays, he is still a matchup nightmare and as much as you talk about no answers, the Bulls really have no answer for him either. Wade and Rose will be a good matchup... do the Bulls have an edge inside? That's a given, but really it comes down to who's going to bring their A-game every night over the course of the series. The Bulls defense keeps them in every game, even if they aren't clicking offensively. But the Heat, to repeat myself, are no slouches in that department either. Frankly I really hope these teams do meet so we can dispense with the analyzing, and just watch how things play out.

Last edited by Roman77; 04-19-2011 at 06:33 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 06:16 PM
FBJ

Bulls will lose by 17 or more in Game 3

Bulls will lose by 5 or less in Game 4

You heard it from me first

Old 04-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bulls will lose by 17 or more in Game 3

Bulls will lose by 5 or less in Game 4

You heard it from me first
slap bet?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
slap bet?
Pacers lost both games by single digits on the road which leads me to believe one of those games will be a blow out

Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Pacers lost both games by single digits on the road which leads me to believe one of those games will be a blow out
Spot me 17, we can do a status bet.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:19 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Quote:

Weren't the games pretty close though? I honestly didn't watch the games, but i remember the scores being pretty close.

Btw, thought this was interesting about what Kenyon Martin said about Durant:

Kenyon Martin was outspoken about the Nuggets’ defense on Kevin Durant, who scored 41 points in Game 1.

“Make him (pass it to) some one else. If you have him and Westbrook on the court the same time, make Thabo Sefolosha and Serge Ibaka make plays. Run somebody at these guys. I don’t agree with (one-on-one) – we don’t let Kobe play one-on-one when we play him, no matter where he is on the court, so why would you let Kevin Durant play one-on-one.”
Martin believes that Denver’s small guards should not be the ones defending Durant.
“He shot right over Ray (Felton) like there was nobody guarding him,” Martin elaborated on Monday. “It doesn’t matter who you are, even if you’re the toughest defender in the world, (if you’re 6-1), he’s going to shoot right over him. You got to try something different, run somebody at him. Pick-and-roll? Jump on him. For three games, he’s been having his way with us – and I’m not comfortable with it.”
[LEFT]

Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
We will never know the answer because it didn't exist back then. And I believe some of those series would have went 5 games.
I have no idea how to even follow your logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball