Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 08:12 PM

8,945 posts, read 17,186,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ignore my previous statement. As I sit here and watch this game I see that the Pacers are getting no help from their fans. THe fans are not into the game and there are a lot of Bulls fans there. No energy in the building and I dont see a Pacers victory if the fans can't get behind them.
Quote:
Pacers coach needs to be fired after this series. Your team is down 0-2 and insread of going for the TIE you have one of your players shoot a three??? Why not extend the game another qtr? That's a shot you take in a regular season game not the playoffs.

The pacers coach and their fans are pathetic
The building was electric tonight. I don't know how it sounded on TV, but in the arena it was very loud, and it was clearly louder for the Pacers. I find it pathetic that someone who seems to be a fan of no team would call any fanbase pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The Bulls are going to win this series. Nobody in Indy seriously has thought otherwise since before it began.
You should tell that to the folks at my work and the other folks I regularly attend and watch games with. All of us without hesitation believed the Pacers would knock out the Bulls. I am sure tomorrow I am going to have to listen to a certain co-worker drone on about how the Pacers should be up 3-0 right now. There are plenty of people in Indianapolis that believe in this team. Just because you didn't believe in this team, please do not try to speak for us real fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,826,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The building was electric tonight. I don't know how it sounded on TV, but in the arena it was very loud, and it was clearly louder for the Pacers. I find it pathetic that someone who seems to be a fan of no team would call any fanbase pathetic.

You should tell that to the folks at my work and the other folks I regularly attend and watch games with. All of us without hesitation believed the Pacers would knock out the Bulls. I am sure tomorrow I am going to have to listen to a certain co-worker drone on about how the Pacers should be up 3-0 right now. There are plenty of people in Indianapolis that believe in this team. Just because you didn't believe in this team, please do not try to speak for us real fans.

Pacers have talent just need a new coach. That should be the agenda during the offseason

Old 04-21-2011, 09:08 PM

8,945 posts, read 17,186,409 times
Well, I have calmed a bit, so I will say this:

1) Coming out of that last time-out, I suspected that the Pacers would try a 3 point shot to win, in fact I told my buddy that and he rolled his eyes. I don't think they wanted overtime in that situation.

2) Vogel has to come up with a better plan at the end of a game than "give the ball to Danny, Danny stand around for 10 seconds and wait for a defender to blanket you. Do not move. Jack up anything you can with 2 seconds left."

3) Danny Granger is never going to be the player the Pacers brass want him to be. He never has been, and he never will be.

4) Dahntay Jones needs to play more.

5) Paul George is going to be the best scorer on this team in a couple of years.

6) I hope there is a season at all next year.

Last edited by Toxic Toast; 04-21-2011 at 09:21 PM..

Old 04-21-2011, 09:36 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Well, I have calmed a bit, so I will say this:

1) Coming out of that last time-out, I suspected that the Pacers would try a 3 point shot to win, in fact I told my buddy that and he rolled his eyes. I don't think they wanted overtime in that situation.

2) Vogel has to come up with a better plan at the end of a game than "give the ball to Danny, Danny stand around for 10 seconds and wait for a defender to blanket you. Do not move. Jack up anything you can with 2 seconds left."

3) Danny Granger is never going to be the player the Pacers brass want him to be. He never has been, and he never will be.

4) Dahntay Jones needs to play more.

5) Paul George is going to be the best scorer on this team in a couple of years.

6) I hope there is a season at all next year.
1) Despite some ridiculous assertions by some posters around here...the Pacers were going to get rolled. They are one of the youngest teams in the league.

2) However, I am entirely impressed by the pacers...young but very good and tenacious. Indiana is certainly on the right path to future success.

Hats off to the pacers.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Pacers will win tonight, book it
Seriously, you are all over the place....from 20pt wins to guaranteed to hopeless losses.

Really, when you haven't seriously followed the NBA before....perhaps the best course of action is to just LEARN and not make wild claims and then do a 180 shortlty thereafter?

I can applaud your passion, but you might want to tone it down a bit?

Again, hats off to the pacers for giving the Bulls 3-straight dog fights.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 PM

207 posts, read 352,491 times
Watching the Dallas/Portland series, with Dallas being up 2-0 its probably gonna be the Mavs winning this series. I've already spotted flaws in both these teams that the Lakers can exploit...wish I could contact Phil Jackson now

Old 04-21-2011, 10:15 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,449,716 times
TVSG- own up to your statements please

Toxic- Pacers played awesome all 3 games so far. Id be real happy if I were a Pacers fan.

Mathguy- This feels like the 1990 playoffs, doesn't it???

GO BULLS

Old 04-21-2011, 10:20 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,449,716 times
Quote:

I don't know what happened on that last play, I'm very interested in breaking down the replay later. Just got home from a bar in Wrigleyville (barf @ cubs country) and am curious to see more.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:58 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,486,830 times
Quote:

I'm a realist, Toxic, and I'd bet a healthy sum that I've been a Pacers fan a lot longer than you. I want to see this team do well. But if you and your co-workers truly believed they would knock out the Bulls, then you guys are not any better fans than I. You're just delusional.

I do sense that the passion for the Pacers is returning and that the performance in this series is helping that. But the fact that there were still about 3,000 tickets left early this week speaks volumes about the interest level that was there at the time.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:24 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,961,638 times
Wow at all the newbies lol?!

I'm already ready for the 2nd round...

The Bulls are winning but they are going to have to start putting together a complete game cuz what they're doing against the Pacers is not going to fly with the other East contenders.

As far as the West, its over for my Nuggets and I still have my Lakers or OKC coming out the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball