Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times

Advertisements

You gotta wonder how effective Ginobilli and Bynum will be in the 1st round with their injuries. I think the Thunder can pull off some major upsets in the playoffs. This is assuming they stay healthy throughout the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 06:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
ginobili will be fine, his injury is not the kind to effect much for long, not like a leg injury, and on top of that it was his off arm not his shooting arm.

bynum, is more then likely fine but it is a leg injury on his worst leg so it could be worse then we are lead to believe.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:15 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) I think the Knicks might have a shot vs. boston but probably not Miami whom is playing a lot better down the stretch.
??

we've beaten the heat twice this season and haven't beaten the celtics at all.

we'll see about this whole knicks in 6 stuff. i mean i'm not going to go against my team but....

lets just say that a heat or bulls vs knicks matchup would have been better for us.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,452,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm going to say.....

Heat in 5.
Bulls in 4.
Knicks in 6.
Magic in 5.
Thats my prediction.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
??

we've beaten the heat twice this season and haven't beaten the celtics at all.

we'll see about this whole knicks in 6 stuff. i mean i'm not going to go against my team but....

lets just say that a heat or bulls vs knicks matchup would have been better for us.
You need to look beyond the season ending W/L total imo as it doesn't tell the whole story. The knicks beat the bulls by shooting the lights out of the gym, twice and they were both before the big trade. So I dont know what you can take from that.

The Heat are playing the best ball of their season, right now, the Celtics are probably playing their worst.

I would ecstatic with the first round match up if I were a knicks fan, I don't know if they will win, but it is pretty much best case scenario for a 6th seed in a top heavy conference

Old 04-15-2011, 09:49 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
You need to look beyond the season ending W/L total imo as it doesn't tell the whole story. The knicks beat the bulls by shooting the lights out of the gym, twice and they were both before the big trade. So I dont know what you can take from that.

The Heat are playing the best ball of their season, right now, the Celtics are probably playing their worst.

I would ecstatic with the first round match up if I were a knicks fan, I don't know if they will win, but it is pretty much best case scenario for a 6th seed in a top heavy conference
Exactly.

If you know your team is going to make 16-24 from 3-pt range then bring it on.

This reminds me of the bandwagon thread I just started.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
I just love how Mathguy and rigas are still talking s*** about the Lakers. All that matters is how you do in the playoffs.

The regular is done, forget about it.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I was hoping the Knicks would play Miami, since grunt Lebron can never seem to get the edge on Carmelo. The East will be interesting though. I'd like to see if Chicago can make the finals.

Out West, I have absolutely no confidence that the Lakers will make the finals. They should've gotten rid of Bynum when they had a chance, and now he's hurt and not likely to be a factor for the rest of the season. Bynum one of the most overrated players in the league. Big mistake relying on him. I also don't expect inconsistent Odom and Artest to be factors. Lakers will not 3-peat. Interesting to see who emerges though.

It's the NBA playoffs, then a wait for the NFL to start. I ignore MLB and NHL.
Hold it right there Mr. Psychic.

Lets see how well the Lakers do.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I just love how Mathguy and rigas are still talking s*** about the Lakers. All that matters is how you do in the playoffs.

The regular is done, forget about it.
In the other thread I predicted a Spurs vs. Lakers WCF with the healthiest team winning.

Without Bynum they won't repeat is my other comment.

...and then I noted how one game doesn't mean anything during the regular season....which some of you Beckys have taken offense to only to follow up with a comment agreeing with mine about it being about the playoffs.

Really, this why some of the thread quality around here has degraded with playoffs bringing so many new faces to the threads here.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Default Pacers blow a golden opportunity to go up 1-0 due to 4th qtr collapse

Pacers went up 98-88 in the 4th qtr with 3 mins left in the game and the Bulls go on a 14-1 run

What else can you expect from a number 8 seed?-lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball