Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM

207 posts, read 353,638 times

Advertisements

First and foremost I'm a Lakers Fan and have always been for as long as I been watching the NBA. With that said I am a fan of the NBA and watch other teams play. I can assure you that I'll be watching alot of the games in the Eastern Conference during the playoffs and probably root for some. The NBA is FANtastic!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 09:50 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Honestly Rigas, there was a time when I fancied myself a Bulls fan( 1989 or so until 1998). When Jordan retired and Pippen left for Houston, it was then that I realized that I was merely a fan of those two players( my favorites all-time), and I haven't been a fan of a specific team ever since. I have players who I like and follow, but no specific team that I can say I follow religiously...
For me....David Robinson, Jordan, Pippen...then Duncan etc.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotchildintheCity View Post
First and foremost I'm a Lakers Fan and have always been for as long as I been watching the NBA. With that said I am a fan of the NBA and watch other teams play. I can assure you that I'll be watching alot of the games in the Eastern Conference during the playoffs and probably root for some. The NBA is FANtastic!!!!
Good for you! I always enjoy the drama and love that even though it's a 7 game series it's seriously up for grabs.

Currently, because of their (well deserved) success the Lakers have the most bandwagon beckys....and I'm sure it pisses the die-hard fans off as much as the rest of us unless they are becky-hos and are putting out after the wins.

I frankly love groupies\beckys for obvious reasons.....it's when the start talking NBA that they need something shove in thier mouth like a low-fat chicken breast or tofu dog. etc.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 PM

71 posts, read 184,825 times
With our attendance issues we could use as many bandwagon fans as possible!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:41 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times
Lakers fan here as I have L.A. roots so I have to be a Lakers fan by default not to mention Kobe is one of the best to ever play the game.

I'm a Nuggets fan for personal reasons and although I started being a Thunder fan last year, I hope they're not too hard on my Nuggets.

Not really big on the Eastern Conference but I've officially jumped on the Bulls bandwagon. I won't say I've dropped the Celtics persay, however I do think the Bulls deserve to be in the finals and D. Rose defiantly deserves the MVP. I'm also interested to see how the Heat finish.

More than anything I love the game and great competition regardless of what team brings it.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:08 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For me....David Robinson, Jordan, Pippen...then Duncan etc.
My fab 5 all-time: Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Barkley, Wade

Sixth man: Mcgrady( prime version)

Old 04-16-2011, 08:48 AM

207 posts, read 353,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good for you! I always enjoy the drama and love that even though it's a 7 game series it's seriously up for grabs.

Currently, because of their (well deserved) success the Lakers have the most bandwagon beckys....and I'm sure it pisses the die-hard fans off as much as the rest of us unless they are becky-hos and are putting out after the wins.

I frankly love groupies\beckys for obvious reasons.....it's when the start talking NBA that they need something shove in thier mouth like a low-fat chicken breast or tofu dog. etc.
I have no problem with bandwagon fans, I actually find it amusing. Its funny how you see someone who you wouldnt suspect being a Lakers fan suddenly rockin Lakers garb. Great way to start a conversation about the "game" or "series". This is the case as well with other teams garb. Its all good.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:14 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Since the Rockets are out of the playoffs, the Thunder have been my next favorite team. I wouldn't mind seeing the Nuggets do some damage, but not this year since they play you know who. My favorite players of all time have been : Olajuwon, Dr. J, Adrian Dantley, George Gervin, and Dale Ellis.

This is my "wish" scenario: I'm hoping the Thunder win in 5 against the Nuggets. Hopefully the Grizz take out the Spurs in 6. Thunder take out Grizz in 5--Thunder take out Lakers in 6---Thunder take out either Heat or Bulls in 6.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
Mathguy's hatred for the Lakers could not be more obvious in this pointless and stupid thread. If I created a thread like this, it would get deleted.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Mathguy's hatred for the Lakers could not be more obvious in this pointless and stupid thread. If I created a thread like this, it would get deleted.
What is with all the crying around here lately, this place is turning into the relationships thread. I don't even hate the lakers. In fact they have MY FAVORITE COACH and also had tex etc.

EVERY successful team has bandwagon fans...sheesh look at how many knicks "fans" swarmed the threads after the Carmelo trade.

My team is the Bulls and we have a crap ton of band wagoners too....and the term BECKY I first heard directed at the Lincoln Park yuppy girls at Cubs games.

P.S. The phenomenon of non-basketball fan morons slurping up all the Lakers tix has been discussed here before and we all agree that it sucks to be a REAL fan and turn on the TV and see all the people sitting near the court and not watching the game because they don't have the $$$ or connections to get those seats. If you ever go to a Cubs game you will see the same exact thing....it's a social outing.

You may also want to see whom I picked in the Wade vs. Kobe 1st team thread......lol....waaaaaaaaaah....he hates the lakers......waaaaaaaaaaah......he picked kobe over wade oh nevermind......LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball