Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Heat in 4 0 0%
Heat in 5 2 9.52%
Heat in 6 6 28.57%
Heat in 7 0 0%
Bulls in 4 1 4.76%
Bulls in 5 1 4.76%
Bulls in 6 7 33.33%
Bulls in 7 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Ah, it's just game one Greg.
Ah yes I know that. But I've been going back and forth with those guys for months, so I expect them to come in and give me a good tongue-lashing over tonight's game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Bulls didn't get the #1 seed or the moniker of best defensive team in the NBA by accident. They have the size, athleticism and depth to make Lebron and Wade work.....none of this 15-20 from the field bullcrap that the Celtics were getting lit up with.

We have a lot of posters around here that "like the shiny". They like the "star power" and look right on over guys like Deng (who I think is the equal of Bosh)...Noah (2nd best def. center in the league) and so on because the Bulls run a deep line-up and other than Rose don't have another guy with eye-popping numbers largely due to their ball sharing and minutes sharing.

The Bulls just don't usually look or win "pretty".
I'm just going to bump my own comments again. Bulls KILLED Miami with defense and rebounding. The depth ran Miami ragged and as the game wore on Wade, Lebron etc. were exhausted.

Deng with 21pts, 4 steals, 1 block, 7 rebounds.
Noah with 2 more offensive rebounds than ALL of the Heat
Boozer with 14pts and 9 rebounds IN ONLY 26 MINUTES. (Something I've mentioned before)

The defense and rebounding will be there every single game this series.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 PM

One thing that I find disturbing about the 2nd half.... I didn't see any sense of urgency on the Heat's part, in fact it seemed like they were demoralized just being down 10 when the game was still at a manageable point differential, next thing you look it's a 17 point lead. Disappointed in the Heat's performance tonight, full credit to the Bulls for their thorough out-playing, I don't think Miami will play that poorly going forward though...

Old 05-15-2011, 08:58 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Alright, where's Mathguy and Orangeish? I know you're out there....let's have it, I got tough skin
Well it is only game one, and I was not nearly as sure is MG about the Bulls winning the series but HOLY CRAP that was a second half beat down. The benchmob played awesome, and Taj is a beast.

I found it funny that the game started with a Wade and Lebron dunk, just like 2 of the 3 games started in the regular season. They came out big, but the bulls depth and size just outlasted them

What a game

Old 05-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Well it is only game one, and I was not nearly as sure is MG about the Bulls winning the series but HOLY CRAP that was a second half beat down. The benchmob played awesome, and Taj is a beast.

I found it funny that the game started with a Wade and Lebron dunk, just like 2 of the 3 games started in the regular season. They came out big, but the bulls depth and size just outlasted them

What a game
Yes but that was a STATEMENT game... it wasn't like a 6 point victory where you can take some silver lining points out of it if you're Miami. They got a straight ass-whopping, but most disappointing was their lack of intensity. Wade in particular, seemed like he was in cruise mode from the beginning....I said earlier, who's playing better and raises their game to 'that' level will win it. Simple as that...but the level of effort was unacceptable. The Pacers put up a better fight, and they aren't nearly as talented....

Eric's strategy seems to be putting out a small line-up to space the floor better, problem is the Bulls already have a rebounding edge. I'm actually surprised that the guy that came to play was Bosh, you would think with all the Bulls interior players that he'd be the one out of the 'big 3' to have the toughest time.....

Old 05-15-2011, 09:05 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm just going to bump my own comments again. Bulls KILLED Miami with defense and rebounding. The depth ran Miami ragged and as the game wore on Wade, Lebron etc. were exhausted.

The defense and rebounding will be there every single game this series.
Yeah this is worthy of the bump, good call. The bulls strengths all year showed through in big ways tonight. And yes, its not a flighty thing like being a good 3 pt shooting team, it really should be there the whole way.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:06 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
The Heat are gonna need some decent contribution off the bench. It will be very hard for them to win the series if they don't get some help from the bench due to the depth of the Bulls. Just one game though so we will see how adjustments are made by the Heat.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Dwayne and Lebron looked silly tonight after the way they paraded themselves last summer.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Hell, the Pacers put up a better fight than that, that was a disgusting effort by the Heat in the 2nd half...
No comparison, the Pacers were a 8th seed in the opening round........Didn't take them seriously

The Heat is a 2 seed who were favored to win the series.

Big Difference

Old 05-16-2011, 12:49 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Heat will make adjustments, I look for them to win game 2...It's not likely that both Wade and Lebron will have as bad a games at the same time ever again, maybe one will, but defiantly not both like game one. This performance lacked motivation and fight tonight by the Heat...You don't see that too often...I do give credit to the Bulls, they are a good team, but if they want to keep winning they better not think this is the best of the Heat because this was one of the worst games I've seen them play thus far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball