Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the series?
Mavs 12 63.16%
Thunder 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times

Advertisements

This Mavs team is quite different from the one in '06. They're showing their depth and veteran presence. You can stick a fork in the Thunder; this is over. They have to be proud how far they've gone though with such a young team. I hope the Mavs go all the way and win the title this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 05:11 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Can some of you wait until the Heat plays Game 4 until yall start saying the Heat will play the Mavs in the Finals? Last time I checked the Heat was only up 2-1

And the Mavs will beat the Bulls or Heat so I'm going to congratulate them right now as the 2011 NBA champs

Old 05-24-2011, 05:54 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
The Mavs nor many of their fans are even thinking NBA championship right now. More like one game at a time. No repeat of the 2006 over confidence then collapse.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:23 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
OKC scored 6 points in the last 10 minutes of game time (last 5 minutes of regulation and the 5 minutes in overtime). SIX POINTS IN TEN MINUTES. That's not going to get it done.

Serious props should go to Dallas' defense in the last 10 minutes of game time (a handful of steals and pretty much all one-and-dones at OKC's offensive end), Dirk Nowitzki for hitting those 2 nearly impossible shots on back-to-back possessions near the end of regulation and 2 clutch free throws in the last 10 seconds of regulation to tie the game, and Jason Kidd for some getting some big blocks and steals, grabbing some loose balls, and hitting the 3 pointer that was the key shot in the overtime and put the Mavericks ahead for good.

I got the sense early on in the 2nd round that the 2011 NBA Finals would be a reprise of the 2006 NBA Finals and it's looking more and more like that will be the case.
It wasn't just the Dallas defense. The lack of leadership and late game execution at the point guard position on the Thunder got exposed by the Memphis Grizzlies.

Game 4 was a weird game to watch. It looked like the Mavericks were going to get run out of the gym. My first hint that this game was going to have several twist and terms was the way the Mavs closed the lead at the end of the first half.

The third quarter was a see saw battle. In the fourth quarter I actually thought the Thunder had the game in the bag after Kevin Durant hit an three pointer from above the top of the key with about 6 minutes left. When Hardin left the game the Thunder look like they lost they're mojo on offense. They definitely lost a key matchup advantage. I definitely thought the Thunder made a huge mistake by not pushing the ball upcourt on offense.
The fact that Mavericks tied the game up after the Thunder controlled most of the game totally destroyed the Thunder’s confidence. Mentally this game broke the Thunders’ spirit. It will be interesting to see what kind of intensity they come out with in game 5. The Mavericks need to take these guys out NOW!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Looks like the Mavs are going to meet the Heat in the final. I think the Mavs have the Thunder's number. Chicago showing they rely too much on Rose and can't match up to the Heat.

Mavs-Heat in Final. It should be a good one too.
It shapes up as a very interesting series. If the Mavs bench can outplay the Heats' bench they can bet them.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:38 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Can some of you wait until the Heat plays Game 4 until yall start saying the Heat will play the Mavs in the Finals? Last time I checked the Heat was only up 2-1

And the Mavs will beat the Bulls or Heat so I'm going to congratulate them right now as the 2011 NBA champs
Weird. You say people shouldn't assume the Heat will win since it is only 2-1, but then you're already congratulating the Mavs as NBA champs.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
And I went to sleep right after Durant hit that 3 thinking the series would be tied. Got up this morning and saw Dallas won I was all

That said, even with the 3-1 series lead and the dominating win over the Lakers, I would still feel better if Caron Butler was healthy.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
And I went to sleep right after Durant hit that 3 thinking the series would be tied. Got up this morning and saw Dallas won I was all

That said, even with the 3-1 series lead and the dominating win over the Lakers, I would still feel better if Caron Butler was healthy.
Are you sure you are a real NBA fan? Why didn't you go to sleep when the game was OVER? I seen the Bulls come back from a 10 pt deficit with 3 mins left which proves a 15 pt lead with 5 mins left is no cushion

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Are you sure you are a real NBA fan? Why didn't you go to sleep when the game was OVER? I seen the Bulls come back from a 10 pt deficit with 3 mins left which proves a 15 pt lead with 5 mins left is no cushion
Maybe because I have other things that I have to do besides watching a basketball game, ever think of that?

Please just stick to the relationships forum or better yet, just stop posting completely, you don't even root for a team so you don't get to pull the "real fan" card.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Maybe because I have other things that I have to do besides watching a basketball game, ever think of that?

Please just stick to the relationships forum or better yet, just stop posting completely, you don't even root for a team so you don't get to pull the "real fan" card.
I'm a fan of the game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball