Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who wins it all?
Heat in 4 1 2.86%
Heat in 5 2 5.71%
Heat in 6 9 25.71%
Heat in 7 4 11.43%
Mavs in 4 1 2.86%
Mavs in 5 2 5.71%
Mavs in 6 15 42.86%
Mavs in 7 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,838,685 times

Advertisements

I have this feeling that LEBRON is going to be wild tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM

4,321 posts, read 5,112,694 times
I'm rooting for Dallas because Dirk deserves it, and I don't like to see long dynasties in any sport (Heat winning it already).

But the notion that LeBron James isn't have a terrific series is ridiculous. He is making key statement plays several times a game, getting difficult assists, probably forcing 10+ missed shots a game, etc. etc.

It is easier for Wade to score against a midget (Kidd, Terry or Berea), than it is for LeBron to score against a pretty nice defender (Marion and Stephenson, to a lesser extent). And Bosh has been hungry to score too, so LeBron should be applauded for taking a support role. Or do you think David Robinson sucked when he conceded the ball to Duncan or Ginobli?

I think too many people look at the Jordan or Bryant model of a great player needing to go for 30+ every game. BTW, 30 points on 25 shots is not usually a good game, that was a typical Jordan or Kobe stat line.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,838,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I'm rooting for Dallas because Dirk deserves it, and I don't like to see long dynasties in any sport (Heat winning it already).

But the notion that LeBron James isn't have a terrific series is ridiculous. He is making key statement plays several times a game, getting difficult assists, probably forcing 10+ missed shots a game, etc. etc.

It is easier for Wade to score against a midget (Kidd, Terry or Berea), than it is for LeBron to score against a pretty nice defender (Marion and Stephenson, to a lesser extent). And Bosh has been hungry to score too, so LeBron should be applauded for taking a support role. Or do you think David Robinson sucked when he conceded the ball to Duncan or Ginobli?

I think too many people look at the Jordan or Bryant model of a great player needing to go for 30+ every game. BTW, 30 points on 25 shots is not usually a good game, that was a typical Jordan or Kobe stat line.

No one deserves a TITLE. You get a title by EARNING IT

Old 06-09-2011, 01:46 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,980 times
Quote:

Lebron needs to produce more than 8 points, as he did the other night. No he doesn't need to go for 30, but no way a player of his stature and scoring ability should be producing those numbers. He had 9 assists and 7 rebounds in game 4, but he had a minimal impact on the game, and that's why he's been crucified by the media. The fact that the Heat lost only magnifies how small he came up on that night.

As far as scoring against the Mavs, while Wade has the more favorable matchups, the Mavericks have been employing a lot of zone defense, which is going to neutralize Lebron if he's not hitting his jumpshot. So it's not merely Wade scoring on midgets, and in addition to the players you mentioned, he's also been guarded by Stevenson at times as well, who is an effective defender.

The reality is, Lebron's name is being bandied about with the all-time greats, now is the time where he is supposed to create his legend. Not with sterling regular season numbers or great performances in earlier rounds, but NOW, in the FINALS. And at this point, he hasn't had one single game in the finals worthy of being mentioned with Jordan, Magic, Bird, or any of the other greats that he's being stacked against.

Old 06-09-2011, 09:48 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,250,245 times
Dallas!!! Let's go Mavs!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,933,881 times
ba da da boom! Mavs win!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,043,971 times
They have the advantage now, though it's certainly not over.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:04 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,209,064 times
Quote:

David Robinson was no better than the #2 guy on the 1999 Spurs (which is part of the reason the Spurs were able to finally break through that year). More importantly, LeBron James is a considerably better player than David Robinson was, so LeBron, almost by definition, has to play like he's THE MAN in every game, even if Dwyane Wade is also playing he's the man.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 PM
JL

8,514 posts, read 14,473,862 times
When the Dallas bench hits their 3s, there really isn't any team that can beat them. They had open looks in the other games, but were just not hitting them. They hit them in game 5! They showed their firepower like they had been doing in the Thunder, Laker, and Blazers series. Probably the deepest team ever in the NBA. I really like their chances of winning it all now though with caution(Lakers/Celtics series last yr).

Every NBA Finals should be like this. That is why i love the NBA....woohoo!! I do think the Mavs have to end it in game 6. Can't see them winning game 7 in Miami.

Last edited by JL; 06-09-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,165,486 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball