Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 06:52 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Indeed. Lebron's been told he was the next Jordan since high school. He was given a 90 million contract by Nike before he played a single NBA game. His high school games were televised on ESPN. How does one become grounded with all that worship heaped upon at such a tender age? The only thing Lebron needs to do now, is play basketball. Let your game speak for you.
yeah i get it, he was spoiled by compliments for ages so that just built up his ego, so in a way, society, the sports media made him like that, kinda our fault sort of too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 01:28 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times
Heis a cheap shot, and a quitter. If I were him I would never took the easiest route to get to the finals. Yeah he has freedom to do what the heck he pleases but that was low. And the fact that the big 3 publicized a celebration before the season even begin is really pathethic. They annoy me.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
Heis a cheap shot, and a quitter. If I were him I would never took the easiest route to get to the finals. Yeah he has freedom to do what the heck he pleases but that was low. And the fact that the big 3 publicized a celebration before the season even begin is really pathethic. They annoy me.
whats wrong with taking the easy route, a short-cut? why is it low? you see that as cheating or what?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:19 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Lebum will one day be 1/2 as good as Kobe

Old 10-08-2011, 01:29 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,969,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Lebum will one day be 1/2 as good as Kobe
He's almost half as good as D-Wade.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:19 PM

I hope he gets a ring and silences his critics, if LeBron ever does get a ring and he finally gets to hold up the Larry O'Brien Trophy, I would like to hear him say "You See, Sometimes Short-Cuts do Work", "The Rabbitt finally won", "My Cell Phone don't Vibrate no more", "People everywhere won't be getting out of work 12 minutes early today", "I don't have to go play Hockey now"

Old 10-13-2011, 01:24 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
As I believe I said earlier, it was a 'me too' domino effect. 'Hating' on Lebron became the 'thing' to do. Remember the 'Scottie Pippen' chants when he returned to Cleveland( newsflash; calling someone Scottie Pippen is a COMPLIMENT)? I heard about that idea on quite a few basketball blogs prior to the actual game. Never underestimate the herd mentality.....
OMG I hadn't heard that.

Leave it to a bunch of Cleveland fans to not grasp how stupid of a chant that was.

Let's see....a guy that doesn't ball hog....can run the point and if the NBA put together an all-time defensive team he'd be 1st or 2nd team.

The irony being that when you look at the numbers, Jordan just destroys even guys like Wade and Lebron.....and Kobe. People forget....or are too young to have been there.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:42 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
whats wrong with taking the easy route, a short-cut? why is it low? you see that as cheating or what?
What's laudable about taking the easy route?

He's free to take his shortcuts but that doesn't mean people have to root for his shortcuts. Dirk's loyalty and dedication is far more admirable.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:24 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post

Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Isiah Thomas, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and other top players of all-time didn't take shortcuts. They didn't necessarily start winning the second they stepped on the court. Jordan sure didn't. Even when their teams sucked, they sucked it up, bettered themselves, and they were rewarded. None of them bolted to a team with another superstar to win a ring.

Magic Johnson even said that ever since his days at Michigan State, he was trying to figure out how he was going to beat Larry Bird. You never would have seen Jordan and Bird bolt to LA to play with Magic, or any combo of two of them bolting to play with the other and form their own trio. They all wanted to win more than anything and weren't going to share the load. They were all alpha dogs on their respective teams and weren't giving that up.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Isiah Thomas, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and other top players of all-time didn't take shortcuts. They didn't necessarily start winning the second they stepped on the court. Jordan sure didn't. Even when their teams sucked, they sucked it up, bettered themselves, and they were rewarded. None of them bolted to a team with another superstar to win a ring.

Magic Johnson even said that ever since his days at Michigan State, he was trying to figure out how he was going to beat Larry Bird. You never would have seen Jordan and Bird bolt to LA to play with Magic, or any combo of two of them bolting to play with the other and form their own trio. They all wanted to win more than anything and weren't going to share the load. They were all alpha dogs on their respective teams and weren't giving that up.
well maybe he will, maybe he won't, but LeBron could end up replacing Dwyane Wade as the Leader of the Heat, the Alpha Dog if he improves his work ethic, besides, Magic Johnson played with 3 Hall of Famers with Kareem and James Worthy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball