Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As much as I'd like to say that the problem is just Lebron, I actually agree with this. Phil Jackson would be the perfect coach in this situation. Lebron needs a coach to say "you're nothing special, I've seen it all before" type of guy who can tell him to man up come crunch time without Lebron feeling like he's too good to listen to him.

I think Spoelstra is a good coach, but he doesn't have quite the pull to get into a player's face of Lebron's caliber to actually challenge him like Jackson could.
Yeah, but there's no chance Phil would go to Miami to work under Pat Riley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 11:33 PM

121 posts, read 299,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
True.

Remember that LeBron is still young.

It took Jordan 5-6 years to win his first title - and that was after 3 years of college.

Even extreme physical specimens have to grow up.

True, but nobody was saying Jordan was the best thing to ever touch a basketball his first year in the league like Lebron, or should.i say those three years Jordan was at college

Old 06-14-2011, 04:26 AM

418 posts, read 809,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big time bro View Post
True, but nobody was saying Jordan was the best thing to ever touch a basketball his first year in the league like Lebron, or should.i say those three years Jordan was at college
Jordan worked like hell tho..

Scottie Pippen should be slapped silly and shown this video:

http://youtu.be/7WR86xLSITc

Old 06-14-2011, 06:13 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
"Lebron needs an authoritarian coach..."

Is there actually anyone out there who thinks that James (sorry; I'm not on a first-name basis with the man) would play for an authoritarian coach? He would never have signed with Miami if he thought there was going to be someone standing on the sidelines, telling him what he has to do in the course of a game. Check this out: he doesn't take orders from anyone, and anyone who thinks differently had something in their coffee that shouldn't have been there.

The Heat front office had stars in their eyes when they signed James. But until he learns to play in a team setting--and showing up for the fourth quarter wouldn't hurt, either--you shouldn't expect too many championship trophies to be awarded in Miami.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
"Lebron needs an authoritarian coach..."

Is there actually anyone out there who thinks that James (sorry; I'm not on a first-name basis with the man) would play for an authoritarian coach? He would never have signed with Miami if he thought there was going to be someone standing on the sidelines, telling him what he has to do in the course of a game. Check this out: he doesn't take orders from anyone, and anyone who thinks differently had something in their coffee that shouldn't have been there.
There are a lot of reasons LeBron (I am on a first name basis) went to Miami, the lifestyle, to play with wade, instant contender status, not have the pressure of his quasi-hometown on his back, etc...I think having a soft coach was probably way down on his list, if it was on there at all. I don't think anyone really knows how this version of Bron would respond to that type of coach. He wants to win mentally, even if he doesn't have the stones, so who knows he may embrace any coach that can get him to the promised land.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:49 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
He wants to win mentally, even if he doesn't have the stones, so who knows he may embrace any coach that can get him to the promised land.
Well...who doesn't want to win? James just has a small problem with being a legend in his own mind. I'll grant you that he may eventually follow directions from a coach--but we're a long, long way from seeing that day. He'll have to be on the downside of his career before that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball