Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:12 PM

520 posts, read 730,955 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to make a thread for people to post there thoughts on off-season trades, signings, things about the draft, rumors, ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 01:03 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,197,612 times
Hope dwight howard comes to the bulls

Old 06-19-2011, 01:49 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,811 times
As a lifelong Magic fan, I don't see Howard staying with Orlando. There's ALOT of talk he'll come here to the Lakers but i don't see any good reason why he would do that. Kobe has played 15 seasons. Yea I know, he didn't go to college so you can say its really 11 seasons...if you are a complete idiot. Dude has played over 200 playoff games.

NBA & ABA Career Playoff Leaders and Records for Games | Basketball-Reference.com

That's over 2 complete seasons and with how much harder the playoffs are, thats more like 3.5 seasons. I'm not slamming Kobe, I think he's great but I don't see why Howard would go to a team which is getting older. Odom has played 12 seasons. Gasol is ummm Gasol and whats left? Not enough to join a so called championship team.

I see Howard going to Chicago. Though, I wouldn't completely rule out Howard going to Miami if the Heat play bad...I could see them getting rid of Bosh or James for Howard if Wade thinks it would be for the best. In case you haven't noticed, Miamis is obviously Wade's team. If I were Orlando, be like the Nuggets not the Cavs.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:36 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,318 times
I can't envision anything until the new CBA is finalized. Not looking forward to a lockout.

But as a Bulls fan, I'll take D12, even if it costs my man Joakim

Old 06-19-2011, 08:32 AM

What do you guys think the Magic would want from the Bulls? I would have to assume they'd want Noah, Taj Gibson, and a couple first round draft picks. The only way I see Dwight staying in Orlando is if they pull off a big trade themselves for another superstar player, probably Chris Paul. I hope the Cavs can pull off some kind of trade to get a wing player at the SF preferably. They have the 1 and 4, and unless someone offers them a pretty sweet deal, I don't see the Wolves trading the 2 pick. So the Cavs will probably take Irving and one of the Big Euros which I hope they can get Kanter. Im a Cavs fan so I'd like to see them back in the playoffs, but I think it'll take another draft for that. I think they'll win more than 19 games though.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:57 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
I'm really high on Jimmer. Initially, i was skeptical about him, but after watching the NCAA tourney, i really think this kid will do well in the NBA. He can create his own shot and shoot lights out. Then again, this isn't college, so that remains to be seen. I am very optimistic on how he will do.

Anyone see the rumor about Monta Ellis and Iguodala trade possibly occurring?

Old 06-19-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I'm really high on Jimmer. Initially, i was skeptical about him, but after watching the NCAA tourney, i really think this kid will do well in the NBA. He can create his own shot and shoot lights out. Then again, this isn't college, so that remains to be seen. I am very optimistic on how he will do.

Anyone see the rumor about Monta Ellis and Iguodala trade possibly occurring?
Yeah, I saw that on espn about that possible trade. I don't know if I make that trade if Im Philly. Andre Igoudala is an all around player. He can play defense, good passer, good rebounder, and he has decent offensive skills. Monta Ellis is a very good scorer, and he seems like he's already in a good spot where he is in Golden States up tempo offense.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:34 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
With impending lockout looming, at least we can celebrate the fact that we'll have an exciting NBA draft on Thursday night to look forward to. I'm excited for a few things:

1. Does Cleveland swindle a deal for the #2 pick? If not, who do they select #4?

2. Does anyone trade for #2? Minnesota looks ready to deal.

Even though the draft is weaker, I can't help but to be excited about it.

I think there are a few mid round picks that could be terrific pick-ups for some team.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
With impending lockout looming, at least we can celebrate the fact that we'll have an exciting NBA draft on Thursday night to look forward to. I'm excited for a few things:

1. Does Cleveland swindle a deal for the #2 pick? If not, who do they select #4?

2. Does anyone trade for #2? Minnesota looks ready to deal.

Even though the draft is weaker, I can't help but to be excited about it.

I think there are a few mid round picks that could be terrific pick-ups for some team.
I don't know if there will be a lockout that will effect the regular season yet, we'll just have to wait and see. Though Im crossing my fingers that there isn't because the NBA is my favorite of the major sports. As a Cavs fan from Cleveland who regulary reads the local news back there I don't think they will trade for the #2 pick. Most people think it will be Kyrie Irving with the #1 pick and one of the European Centers at 4. Im not so sure about other teams though, I haven't really heard too much talk about that lately actually(trading for the 2 pick that is). It will probably gear up more as draft day approaches.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Yeah, I saw that on espn about that possible trade. I don't know if I make that trade if Im Philly. Andre Igoudala is an all around player. He can play defense, good passer, good rebounder, and he has decent offensive skills. Monta Ellis is a very good scorer, and he seems like he's already in a good spot where he is in Golden States up tempo offense.
GS is trying to make themselves a better defensive team which is probably why, i think, they're willing to give up Ellis to get all around player like Iggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball