Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
They can reload, but they ain't getting Howard. I can name two teams with better offers for DH than the Lakers. The Thunder and Bulls for sure.
It's more to it then just money, it's Los Angeles, the weather, the LA lifestyle. And most importantly, it's the Lakers. I can easily see Dwight Howard in LA, just as Shaq did before him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
It's more to it then just money, it's Los Angeles, the weather, the LA lifestyle. And most importantly, it's the Lakers. I can easily see Dwight Howard in LA, just as Shaq did before him.
Yeah, didnt Shaq want to enjoy the 'Hollywood' lifestyle? Cant remember...

Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
They make great draft choices, trades and have a history of winning which breeds winning. Lakers are like a Mercedes or Lexus, winners and people want to buy/play for winners.

I mean take the Kobe trade on draft day for example, FREAKING GENIUS. Magic at point, Shaq..Kareem, genius...

Then its finding great coaches, Riley, Phil, etc....

Dr. Buss is also 100% behind doing what it takes to have a winning team. Sucky owners=sucky teams
what about Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak as the GM's? do they deserve more credit than Buss?

Old 09-30-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
then I wonder why L.A.'s other Professional Sports teams have not won a Championship in a while, they do not attract superstar players constantly like the Lakers do

Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,528 times
Quote:
Excellent point. People who don't want to see Dwight in LA are missing another point (related to yours): Maybe he wants to play for the Lakers. With Kobe aging the Lakers would become Dwight's team. They have a history of great big men. What would it do for Howard's legacy to one day have his jersey retired next those of Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Shaquille O'Neal? Those intangibles make a difference.

Does that mean he will end up with the Lakers? No. But I highly doubt he is making his decision solely based on one factor or another. Remember LeBron could have been the undisputed number one guy in Cleveland or New York. Some believe he could had a better overall team in Chicago. He still ended up in Miami. So there is no saying for sure what top quality free agents will and won't do.

Old 10-02-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Excellent point. People who don't want to see Dwight in LA are missing another point (related to yours): Maybe he wants to play for the Lakers. With Kobe aging the Lakers would become Dwight's team. They have a history of great big men. What would it do for Howard's legacy to one day have his jersey retired next those of Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Shaquille O'Neal? Those intangibles make a difference.

Does that mean he will end up with the Lakers? No. But I highly doubt he is making his decision solely based on one factor or another. Remember LeBron could have been the undisputed number one guy in Cleveland or New York. Some believe he could had a better overall team in Chicago. He still ended up in Miami. So there is no saying for sure what top quality free agents will and won't do.
yeah I just want to see someone new for a change

Old 10-03-2011, 08:20 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,533,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
what about Jerry West and Mitch Kupchak as the GM's? do they deserve more credit than Buss?
They are part of the success

Old 10-03-2011, 11:57 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
I think you have to an idiot to seriously think Howard will go to the Lakers. Also, I'm at about 90% he won't stay with the Magic and I'm a life long Magic fan. Rose is still getting better and more importantly, he is young. Kobe is at his 15th season and what else do the Lakers have other than him? Odom, Gasol, and crew are nowhere near a championship level roster. Odom has played 10+ years as well. The Lakers are old just like the Celtics hence why they both lost by two young upcoming teams. Last years playoff was the change of the guard. If the Thunder can get there roster issues corrected, they could take over the West.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I think you have to an idiot to seriously think Howard will go to the Lakers. Also, I'm at about 90% he won't stay with the Magic and I'm a life long Magic fan. Rose is still getting better and more importantly, he is young. Kobe is at his 15th season and what else do the Lakers have other than him? Odom, Gasol, and crew are nowhere near a championship level roster. Odom has played 10+ years as well. The Lakers are old just like the Celtics hence why they both lost by two young upcoming teams. Last years playoff was the change of the guard. If the Thunder can get there roster issues corrected, they could take over the West.
anywhere except the Lakers is fine with me

Old 10-04-2011, 02:24 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
Wouldnt Howard's legacy be...better...if he forged his own path? If his jersey was beside Shaq, Wilt, Mikan, he would only be one of four.

I would rather see him make a legacy somewhere else: Be one of one (If that makes sense).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball