Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 05:10 PM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times

Advertisements

Nets has always been at the top of Dwight's wishlist.
He likes the whole moving to a new stadium in Brooklyn idea, the Russian billionaire who promised on TV that the Nets would win at least 50% of the championships this decade (2010-2020).
This team will be stacked with (semi-) stars the coming years and they will make the playoffs every year from now on (maybe not this season lol), they want to build around Dwight & D-Will, it just takes some time.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:17 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
I'm pretty sure that Dwight, at the end of the day, will prefer the destination that puts him in the best position to win titles, particularly after 8 seasons. I seriously doubt that he's going to want to go to a situation where a team needs to be built over the coming years, compared to a team where his presence will effectively get them over the hump, like the Bulls. Dwight on the nets with Deron and filler is about as close to a title as Orlando is, which is to say....not close. Dwight on the Bulls equals instant title favorites, because they have enough depth to put together a decent package for him and not gut the team. You can scratch all that, however, if instantly competing for a title is a secondary priority.

And as far as big cities, it's not like Chicago is out in the boondocks.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM

78,415 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Nets has always been at the top of Dwight's wishlist.
He likes the whole moving to a new stadium in Brooklyn idea, the Russian billionaire who promised on TV that the Nets would win at least 50% of the championships this decade (2010-2020).
This team will be stacked with (semi-) stars the coming years and they will make the playoffs every year from now on (maybe not this season lol), they want to build around Dwight & D-Will, it just takes some time.
LOL well if the owner says they are going to win 1/2 the championships it must be true!

Now it the league had no salary cap I'd give them a chance but it just doesn't work that way.

P.S. Personally I'd be *extremely* nervous about playing for a team owned by that guy. He's in neck deep with Putin and the rest of that crew so what happens if he get's sideways with them and ends up having an accident? Or if he is arrested and has all his assets stripped from him?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM

LeBron 24 points in the 1st quarter!

Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 PM

297 posts, read 401,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
LeBron 24 points in the 1st quarter!
So what happened?

Old 02-02-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
So what happened?
Yeah, they lost.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:19 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Super impressive win by the nuggets last night.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 AM

520 posts, read 731,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Super impressive win by the nuggets last night.
Yea, I was talking about the Nuggets a few pages back. They have a very deep team. I watch a lot of there games, and they can literally bring anyone off their bench, and that player will be productive. Even their "third string" guys. I'm going to say they're legitmate championship contenders at this point. I've also been impressed with the Clippers. I figured after they got Paul that they'd be a better team, but they're already legit contenders. Watching Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, I honestly think that might be the best duo in the NBA. Both those teams are fun to watch, it would be cool if they played in the WC finals.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM

78,415 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Yea, I was talking about the Nuggets a few pages back. They have a very deep team. I watch a lot of there games, and they can literally bring anyone off their bench, and that player will be productive. Even their "third string" guys. I'm going to say they're legitmate championship contenders at this point. I've also been impressed with the Clippers. I figured after they got Paul that they'd be a better team, but they're already legit contenders. Watching Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, I honestly think that might be the best duo in the NBA. Both those teams are fun to watch, it would be cool if they played in the WC finals.
This is one of the reasons that my opinion of Melo, which was starting to slide *a little* in recent years, has REALLY dropped off.

The Knicks record is WORSE since melo joined the team. They were an >.500 team pre-melo and are now well under .500

Denver actually got BETTER.

I used to like Melo's game, maybe that's why I'm being hard on him since I know he is A LOT better than he's playing now.

Carmelo Anthony NBA & ABA Statistics | Basketball-Reference.com

Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 AM

520 posts, read 731,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is one of the reasons that my opinion of Melo, which was starting to slide *a little* in recent years, has REALLY dropped off.

The Knicks record is WORSE since melo joined the team. They were an >.500 team pre-melo and are now well under .500

Denver actually got BETTER.

I used to like Melo's game, maybe that's why I'm being hard on him since I know he is A LOT better than he's playing now.

Carmelo Anthony NBA & ABA Statistics | Basketball-Reference.com
Same here. Melo is one of my favorite players, but the Knicks definitely gave up way to much for him. Gallo, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, and Mozgov. Denver has actually had one of the best regular season records since the trade, the Knicks as you said, aren't even close to being .500.

Imo, Melo and Stoudemire are both elite players in the league, but the similarities in their games make it a bad fit to have them on the same team. Also, I think the Knicks made a mistake in not re-signing Chauncy in favor of signing Tyson Chandler. Not knocking Chandler, he's a good center, but if your going to have offensive players like Melo and A'mare than you've got to have a good point guard. Now if Baron Davis comes back healthy and plays like he did for the Cavs late last season, I think that would be a game changer for them. Baron would definitely be able to get them a lot more open looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball