Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 07:35 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Hell, with a little bit of ball-handling improvement Kevin Durant, who is a legit 6'9 pushing 6'10 and 220 lbs, could start at the 2 guard. And for perspective, that's the same size as Bill Russell.
Ha, I would have bet a paycheck they weren't the same size. That's a good point.

RIP Hamilton finally returns for the bulls and they trail at the half to the lowly hornets. Last year the bulls came out of the break and lost to a bad raptors team. Annoying.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Rigas.....What happened to the Spurs last night???

All kidding aside, I'm really glad the Bulls got the win, seems like they have only played garbage teams the last couple weeks, it was good to see them get a quality win. I will say though, the Spurs are better than I thought they would be this year, and they will be a tough out in the WC provided they stay healthy.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post

All kidding aside, I'm really glad the Bulls got the win, seems like they have only played garbage teams the last couple weeks, it was good to see them get a quality win. I will say though, the Spurs are better than I thought they would be this year, and they will be a tough out in the WC provided they stay healthy.
injuries are hitting them at just the right time. we still need another reliable big. blair did his best but he and bonner cant defend the post, period. splitter looked rusty after his layoff as did ford (both 1st games back). we missed leonard and manu and i honestly think the outcome would have been different had we had one or both of them. i would actually like to see manu sit another 2-3 weeks and just rest up. that gives him the final month of the season to get into game shape and get his rhythm. a fresh healthy in rhythm manu is as dangerous as anyone in the league.

honestly i think leonards defense was missed the most last night, RJ got in early foul trouble (there where some strange calls last night) and the spurs dont really have a true SF to back him up if no leonard. with leonard in, they could have concentrated on rose a bit more.

possible finals meeting? i hope so but i am not laying money on it.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post

The Spurs were as hot as anybody in the NBA with a 12-1 record over the last 13 games and that was including the rodeo road trip.

That was a huge quality win for the Bulls to go in there.

Also, note that both teams have deeeep benches and USED them. Smarter coaches will do this especially in this compressed schedule and take the extra loss here and there in exchange for fresh legs come playoff time.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:49 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The Spurs were as hot as anybody in the NBA with a 12-1 record over the last 13 games and that was including the rodeo road trip.

That was a huge quality win for the Bulls to go in there.

Also, note that both teams have deeeep benches and USED them. Smarter coaches will do this especially in this compressed schedule and take the extra loss here and there in exchange for fresh legs come playoff time.
It sure was because I was convinced that the Bulls were not going to win in San Antonio. Very impressive win. I got the feeling the Spurs would lose when the Bulls were winning in the 2nd qtr. You could tell the Bulls stepped their game up for this matchup

Old 03-01-2012, 01:44 PM

im not trying to take anything away from the bulls win with my comments earlier by the way.
it was a quality win, hard fought.

the impressive thing for the spurs has been the total team effort. with their best player, and only decent/real back up PG out for 85% of their games this season, they are still beating good teams and are a top team even when everyone predicted they wouldnt be a top 10 team (where is that top 10 list thread at again?)

Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
im not trying to take anything away from the bulls win with my comments earlier by the way.
it was a quality win, hard fought.

the impressive thing for the spurs has been the total team effort. with their best player, and only decent/real back up PG out for 85% of their games this season, they are still beating good teams and are a top team even when everyone predicted they wouldnt be a top 10 team (where is that top 10 list thread at again?)
Yes. I am pleasantly surprised by the Spurs post injury of Ginobli but to be honest....ONE of their big 3 at this age is almost always down.

Probably the best run franchise in the NBA, they draft the right guys and so forth.

However, the Bulls are CLEARLY in the top 3 teams of the NBA.....and improving.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yes. I am pleasantly surprised by the Spurs post injury of Ginobli but to be honest....ONE of their big 3 at this age is almost always down.

Probably the best run franchise in the NBA, they draft the right guys and so forth.

However, the Bulls are CLEARLY in the top 3 teams of the NBA.....and improving.
you had me until you got to the "and improving" part. i have honestly not really seen much if any improvement out of the bulls. they seem to be almost plateaued to me. i have stayed out of the can the bulls win it all debates and talks until now. i dont think they can beat the best teams in the league, the thunder, heat, spurs in a series. i think they are just one more solid piece away. i think the real breakdown is boozer and replacing him with a more solid player (not sure who off hand but he isnt a good fit) could be the key.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
you had me until you got to the "and improving" part. i have honestly not really seen much if any improvement out of the bulls. they seem to be almost plateaued to me. i have stayed out of the can the bulls win it all debates and talks until now. i dont think they can beat the best teams in the league, the thunder, heat, spurs in a series. i think they are just one more solid piece away. i think the real breakdown is boozer and replacing him with a more solid player (not sure who off hand but he isnt a good fit) could be the key.
I think they are better than last year. Don't let the MVP fool you....Rose isn't at his peak yet at age 23.

Noah is better than last year, Boozer is healthier, Rip is a solid addition that hasn't even made his impact yet and the younger guys on the bench are all getting better too.

All that said, they still need a little more playoff seasoning so honestly by improving I'm not saying they will get there this year....however I think they can match OKC right now....just not Miami.

Remember the Detroit championship teams Rip was on? You don't have to have another major scorer on the Bulls.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:00 PM

i just had to laugh, the mavs today assigned lamar odom to the D-LEAGUE! really? wow are they trying to get the man divorced or what, you know one of the K sisters aint sticking with a dleaguer lol.

dude must be seriously messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball