Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 01:48 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
If the Spurs want to at least mitigate Bynum somewhat, they will have to put Splitter on him and have Blair come off the bench. Blair is just way too short to do anything effective over long stretches against Bynum. I do think MWP and Barnes going off the other night was pretty rare, but you have to wonder how the Laker's offense flows w/o Kobe doing his isos. Everyone getting touches and not just standing out there while Kobe does his thing. You can expect Bynum to get his numbers, but MWP had one of his best shooting games in a while.

I see the Grizz as the team that no one wants to play, but it seems to me that Gay has taken alot of shots instead of trying to spread it around more. That could hurt them in the playoffs.

Just when i thought the Celts were dead, they have a resurgence. Avery Bradley is a lock-down defender. Even that center from Turkey(?) has made some contribution. Garnett looks rejuvenated along with Pierce. As far as Rondo, probably the best playmaker pt. guard in the league with CP3.

The Heat look like they're either waiting for the playoffs or getting burned out. I think they should play James Jones more. When did JAnthony get benched for Turiaf though Turiaf is pretty decent.

Only concern for the Bulls is getting Rose back healthy and having him play at least 5-6 games together to get the rust off before playoffs. It is troubling though that his injuries could be on and off. Same for RIP. They need some continuity.
The nice thing is that the Bulls still have 6-7 regular season games and then let's face it...at least 1 if not 2 rounds of playoffs where they should still advance without Rose being 100%.

So realistically they have quite a bit of time to gel with Rip, Rose etc.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
It's simple. Wednesday's win by the Lakers was a complete fluke. The Spurs played with no energy at all and their minds weren't in the game. Meanwhile Bynum and Artest had uncharacteristically great games. The chances of these feats being duplicated in either of the next two Spurs/Lakers games is highly unlikely. What's more is that with the return of Bryant eventually Gasol/Bynum/Artest will be reduced to taking fewer shots. Thus taking away from their collective effectiveness. I look foward to the game in Los Angeles next week.

The win over Memphis last night demonstrated what this San Antonio team can do when they are focused, intense and have their heads in the game. Despite a very rough Grizzly team and lousy officiating throughout the game the Spurs were able to overcome and take over in the fourth quarter late. Add to that the magnificent 28 and 12 performance put up by Tim and you've got an impressive win. And yes, I cannot wait for the playoffs to begin. It's going to be exciting.
Doesn't matter.

You play to win, low energy or high energy.

Had the Spurs actually won that game, you would be saying how the Lakers are doomed and how much they suck.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Doesn't matter.

Had the Spurs actually won that game, you would be saying how the Lakers are doomed and how much they suck.
I don't agree. Pop has shown on several occasions that he isn't worried about winning a regular season game regardless of who it is. This is evident in how he rested his big 3 to end both of his 11 game win streaks this season and by how he has sat players to rest them regardless of the score. (by the way, with this past streak, pop is now #2 all time in double digit win streaks with 12 streaks. Only Phil Jackson has more with 18)

I still say the lakers are going nowhere this year even though they did win.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:50 AM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Doesn't matter.

We'll see how it goes next week between the two teams. If Bynum and or Artest duplicate what they did last week at the AT&T I'll eat my words.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:57 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
After winning last night, the Knicks now only have to beat the Heat on Sunday or Boston on Tuesday to make the playoffs.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
I'll be at the Nets-Celtics tonight,and Nets-Heat on Monday.....Looking forward to it!

Old 04-14-2012, 01:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I'll be at the Nets-Celtics tonight,and Nets-Heat on Monday.....Looking forward to it!
Ok BIG TIME, you have tickets to two different teams in one weekend?-lol You will probably be seeing a Celtics win tonight and a Knicks win tomorrow

Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
What you mean is, every so often he has moments which remind you of his prime, a throwback game so to speak. Hey, Duncan had 28 and 12 last night, but no-one in their right-thinking mind would say he's 2003 Duncan. A great player past their prime will always have moments that bring us memories of their glory years. Hell, Michael Jordan had 51 points at 38 years old, are you going to argue that he was 92 Jordan? Of course not.

And for the record, there's a few more reasons why Boston has picked it up as late. Don't look now, but Pierce has picked up his game, and Rondo is an all-court terror. Garnett's 'resurgence',so to speak, has been aided by the fact that he's successfully moved over to the '5' spot, where most centers can't keep up with him and aren't used to having to cover their man as far away from the basket as Garnett plays on offense. He's primarily a 15-18 jumpshooter at this stage in his career. He also seems healthier than he has in 3 years, so he has more spring in his step. But to say he's playing at 2004 KG level is nuts. I saw plenty of KG that particular year, and I can tell you that current Garnett, while playing well, is NOT night in-night out at that level, or even that close to it. 2004 Garnett was able to cover 4 positions to varying degrees, score 25 points a night, hand out 5 assists, and grab 13 rebounds.
It's an article in the NY Post by Peter Vescey saying that KG is playing like he is 25. So according to him KG is looking like 2002 not 2004 like I mentioned.

Peter Vecsey on Andrew Bynum being the second best center in NBA - NYPOST.com

Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's an article in the NY Post by Peter Vescey saying that KG is playing like he is 25. So according to him KG is looking like 2002 not 2004 like I mentioned.

Peter Vecsey on Andrew Bynum being the second best center in NBA - NYPOST.com
Peter Vescey? Lol ok....

Old 04-14-2012, 08:50 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I don't agree. Pop has shown on several occasions that he isn't worried about winning a regular season game regardless of who it is. This is evident in how he rested his big 3 to end both of his 11 game win streaks this season and by how he has sat players to rest them regardless of the score. (by the way, with this past streak, pop is now #2 all time in double digit win streaks with 12 streaks. Only Phil Jackson has more with 18)

I still say the lakers are going nowhere this year even though they did win.
I would love to see a Lakers/Clippers playoff series where the Clips come out on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball