Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:29 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,306,635 times

Advertisements

As the saying goes, "You've made your bed, now lie in it", definitely applies. I don't care how she set him up. He disrespected her and more importantly his children, just imagine the embarrassment. I've got no sympathy for him.

Word of advice to those superstars in world. Average guys already have enough problems with adultery. If you are a superstar, I would not marry. Personnally, I could not control myself with all of those women chasing me. Stay single. The white picket fence scenerio is not possible for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 01:17 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Hmmm.... one has to wonder if Vanessa had this all laid out way back at the time of the Colorado incident.
It was probably mutual. And I'm sure he woud have agreed because staying married helped him get back in the good gracious of the country for endorsements. Staying together til the 10 years has helped both of them.

Think about it...

Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
It was probably mutual. And I'm sure he woud have agreed because staying married helped him get back in the good gracious of the country for endorsements. Staying together til the 10 years has helped both of them.

Think about it...
Oh ok..... so 8 years after the Colorado incident, he agreed to a 10 year marriage at which point his wife would then divorce him, take a large share of whatever endorsement money he's earned since the Colorado incident, plus huge monthly payments as he enters the twilight of his career. Not to forget once again a damaged reputation, which could result in the exact same scenario as before: companies shying away from him and a reduction in endorsement dollars. Only this time, his wife will have divorced him, so the same strategy of staying together in order to get him back in the good graces of the country for endorsement reasons, isn't an option this time around. Yeah, I'm sure he agreed to that.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:56 PM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She should have said, "It's ok sweetie, I've been screwing Magic Johnson."
You might want to add Karl Malone to the list, haha

Kobe Bryant Says Malone Hit on His Wife | Fox News

Old 12-21-2011, 02:57 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,136,769 times
I never understood the whole accustomed lifestyle thing with divorces when more times than not the man will not be getting something accustomed to after the divorce. Granted Kobe will have no problem getting it elsewhere, but just in general. Spousal support basically punished someone for being wealthy and spending on their spouse during the marriage.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:19 PM

1,018 posts, read 3,379,415 times
If I were the wife (im a guy, but just saying) I would wait until kobe retires, with even more bankrool,then divorce him. Didnt he sign a 3 year 84 million deal? i mean kobe is still like 32, he still has 4 more years to go and have shoe contracts and endorcements.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:45 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
why? - she's going to be entitled to some of his future earnings through spousal support as well

no need to stick around in a crappy marriage any longer - she has max leverage and is still plenty young enough to go on with her own life .... she's only 29

Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic94 View Post
If I were the wife (im a guy, but just saying) I would wait until kobe retires, with even more bankrool,then divorce him. Didnt he sign a 3 year 84 million deal? i mean kobe is still like 32, he still has 4 more years to go and have shoe contracts and endorcements.
She's only 28. She needs to take the loot now while she's still got her looks.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:35 AM

1,018 posts, read 3,379,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

true, but even if she is 58 now, and gets divorced with over 200 million coming to her bank account (kobe has over 400 mill) i bet there will still be young guys chasing that money.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Actually, she will be 30 soon. I never thought she was drop dead gorgeous anyway -- just a regular ol' vata chick who somehow caught the eye of an immature mega athlete. If the Kobster didn't come along she would have been working at the strip mall beauty salon and married to Jimmy the cell phone salesman. That said, even with a prenup, Vanessa would be a millionaire divorcee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball