Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,449,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Watching the Bulls and Sixers on ESPN right now and I can see why the Bulls won't go to the Finals

They don't have a lot of good shooters. It's funny though because both teams need what the other has

Bulls need good shooters and 76ers have that

76ers need a star player and the Bulls have that
Bulls are in the upper part of the league in 3pt %.

76ers are getting insanely lucky tonight, offensive boards just falling into their hands lol. The fact the bulls are even in this game tells me the 6ers are really not very good.

As I type that yet another shot by the 6ers that bounces 4 times on the rim and then drops in miraculously
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,826,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Bulls are in the upper part of the league in 3pt %.

76ers are getting insanely lucky tonight, offensive boards just falling into their hands lol. The fact the bulls are even in this game tells me the 6ers are really not very good.

As I type that yet another shot by the 6ers that bounces 4 times on the rim and then drops in miraculously
Don't give me that, the Bulls was up 81-68 in the 4th and the Sixers fought their way back so I don't want to hear lucky. The Sixers just have a good coach

Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
Quote:
Watching the Bulls and Sixers on ESPN right now and I can see why the Bulls won't go to the Finals

They don't have a lot of good shooters. It's funny though because both teams need what the other has

Bulls need good shooters and 76ers have that

76ers need a star player and the Bulls have that
The other day, you said Philly was better than the Bulls because they beat them earlier in the year. What's today's verdict?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:43 AM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
I'm going to go ahead and predict that the 76ers are likely to be the 7th or 8th seed in the east and will get bounced in the first round by either the Bulls or Heat.

Finally having to play road games really exposed them and April is a brutal stretch on the road for them.
They are going to wheeze into the playoffs because the east only has 8 decent teams and the drop-off after that is huge.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
The other day, you said Philly was better than the Bulls because they beat them earlier in the year. What's today's verdict?
Philly was better than the Bulls the last 3 times they beat them and the Bulls just barely beat the sixers yesterday. One thing that Bulls win confirmed for me was that they are not on the same level as the Heat. The Heat never ever struggles when they play the Sixers.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm going to go ahead and predict that the 76ers are likely to be the 7th or 8th seed in the east and will get bounced in the first round by either the Bulls or Heat.

Finally having to play road games really exposed them and April is a brutal stretch on the road for them.
They are going to wheeze into the playoffs because the east only has 8 decent teams and the drop-off after that is huge.
Not with the Celtics and Knicks being inconsistent. The Sixers play the Knicks and Celtics this week

Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Philly was better than the Bulls the last 3 times they beat them and the Bulls just barely beat the sixers yesterday. One thing that Bulls win confirmed for me was that they are not on the same level as the Heat. The Heat never ever struggles when they play the Sixers.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
In all seriousness, your logic is flawed. A simple look at the Heat versus the Bulls from the last year shows the Bulls are very capable of hanging with them. The 4-1 series result from last year's playoffs was so close-contested, with a few games that could have gone either way. Just because the Heat handle Philly fairly easily, and the Bulls struggle against them somewhat, doesn't mean the Heat can handle Chicago easily. Basketball is a game of matchups. The problem with your thinking is you believe that if A > B, and B > C, then A >>C. Doesn't always work that way in Basketball.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 AM

77,800 posts, read 59,963,843 times
Quote:
Not with the Celtics and Knicks being inconsistent. The Sixers play the Knicks and Celtics this week
Says the guy whose team has won 2 of their last 9 games.

76ers aren't going to win the atlantic division.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Says the guy whose team has won 2 of their last 9 games.

76ers aren't going to win the atlantic division.
Their next 3 is the Bucks tonight, Celtics on Wed, Jazz on Friday, and Knicks at the Garden on Sunday. So I think there is a possibility the Sixers maybe out of first this time next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball