Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:06 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I call Jeremy Lin the "John Wall" stopper from the summer league last year...lol...the kid is finally getting some props!!
He was on my Warriors last year. Honestly, he is not a starter. He had a good game but you'll see the real player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 06:31 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
He was on my Warriors last year. Honestly, he is not a starter. He had a good game but you'll see the real player.
True...though when you consider what the Knicks have, he might be their best pt. guard...lol

Old 02-06-2012, 06:50 PM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Currently the Knicks are beating the crap out of the Jazz.....Amare hasn't played and Carmelo has 2pts. in 5minutes.

Lin is ripping the place up....but of course since he isn't all "elite" and "athletic" like our two defenseless wonders that doesn't count.

Seriously, this is too funny even if it is just 1 game I think it's a message being sent by D'antoni.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:32 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
True...though when you consider what the Knicks have, he might be their best pt. guard...lol
He sure is playing like it. I'd love for him to be consistent and prove me wrong. He's a good guy. He's doing a good job so far.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Lin doesn't have a choice but to play hard and take risks because he knows it's a strong possibility he will be cut anyway so he might as well leave it all on the court

Old 02-07-2012, 06:25 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
this quote shows exactly why dantoni is a terrible coach and why the knicks need to drop him or they will go nowhere.

Quote:
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT

"I'm riding him like freakin' Secretariat."

-- Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, on Jeremy Lin, who played 45 minutes in a win over Utah.
sure lin is having a couple good nights, no doubt but dantoni knows not how to actually lead a team and gameplan and what not, he is just going to go out and "ride the hot horse" until it dies or wins the race. dude is guessing like always.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:38 AM

650 posts, read 1,811,943 times
Jeremy Lin is definitely legit. He's got good court vision and can find the open guy. A couple things he needs to work on: handling double teams, shooting, pushing the ball up the court. He's got a quick first step but he doesn't run the ball down the court very fast. If he improves on those things, he's going to become pretty badass.

It's funny that he's going to be facing off against John Wall again this week. I'm sure Wall will be waiting to redeem himself.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:12 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
this quote shows exactly why dantoni is a terrible coach and why the knicks need to drop him or they will go nowhere.

sure lin is having a couple good nights, no doubt but dantoni knows not how to actually lead a team and gameplan and what not, he is just going to go out and "ride the hot horse" until it dies or wins the race. dude is guessing like always.
Yeah, I mistakenly thought he benched some starters to shake things up and then I saw Amare had a family tragedy and Melo strained his groin.

Oh well, gratz to Lin....there is nothing to NOT like about someone that plays hard and keeps trying to improve....goes through D-league etc. I like seeing guys like that around the league that had to struggle for what they got at least at SOME point in their career.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,620 times
At least Lin has provided a spark...the Knicks surely needed one...

Old 02-08-2012, 12:23 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
I'd take Lin over an old and aging Baron Davis. What has Baron Davis done since his playoff run in Golden state? Baron Davis is the wrong type of point guard for this team. He is too worried about his own stats. He has never been a great floor general like a Billups or Nash. He looks too much for his own shot. Him, Carmello, and stat will not gel. They'll once again take away from the "team" concept. All looking to get their own numbers..Something seriously has to change. I would have gotten CP3 when they had the chance. He would have been perfect for a team of shoot first mentality players. He would have brought a great all around court awareness, passing and a desire to win. which I actually wonder about the current "NY stars"..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball