Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 07:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times

Advertisements

I think wade is a self serving diva who needs to keep his mouth shut. Spoiled!
Athletes generally have to pay their own way to the Olympics, and this guy playing a sport that actually covers the athletes expenses thinks he should be compensated for his play as well? **** you dwade!

Not a single wrestler or judoka, or 75% of other American athletes get their trip paid for. My brother in laws brother is a 3 time Olympic swimmer for the Guatemalan national Olympic team. He has had to pay his own way, hotels, food and so on just to be able to have the honor of representing his country. I know 2 Olympic judoka who had to pay their entire trips and such.

********* dwade, you pompous self serving diva POS!

Ok rant over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Yeah, I can't stand him either. He is so off base with this rant - you already are set for life (or should be if you can manage your money better than a 6 year old), why do you need to squeeze more out to play in the olympics? If you dont want to play, then dont play but dont try to get more money out of your basketball skills - you are already paid more than fairly I would say.

Disgrace to Chicago. I can't wait until he is out of the league in 2-3 years cause he cant hold up

Old 04-12-2012, 08:40 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,514,451 times
I love basketball, and the NBA, but I'd rather send amateurs and college players and never have the U.S. medal again than pay pros to go.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:04 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
I can understand the players receiving royalties for their jerseys, but to be straight paid for playing? What happened to the pride of representing your country?!

That's why I can't get into this generation of players. Guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan seemed like they'd be perfectly happy playing basketball even if they didn't get paid..... a true love for the game. This new generation are a bunch of entitled brats who are merely walking the path set by past greats, and instead of thanking their lucky stars that they're earning $10-20 million a year thanks to those aforementioned greats building the league to what it is today, you're bitching about not getting paid for the Olympics, Wade?! You only make more money in one season than the vast majority of us will see in 5 lifetimes.

Hell, Wade's my favorite player but I can't support that at all.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:11 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
Yea... I'm disappointed in Wade on this. He's trippin!

Maybe child support and alimony are hurting his wallet more than he thought it would...

Old 04-12-2012, 09:32 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Wade seemed a bit more humble when he came into the league, but has had some douche moments the last few years, especially since Lebron came to Miami. Don't know if that's just coincidence or not.....

Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Stupid stupid move by Wade to even say something like this, even if he believes it.

Tough economy, lots of people having financial challenges....and a guy that makes more money than most CEO's of major companies....is complaining about have to shell out to be on the olympic team?

Being on the olympic team raises your profile and helps your endorsement leverage....maybe they should charge Wade extra.

So many big stars out there that have screwed themselves out of millions in endorsements with bad actions\decisions. Kobe, Lebron, Arenas....Dwight and Wade aren't helping themselves lately either.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,904,112 times
I don't think players should get paid and I don't the NBA should get paid either. All Olympic Jersey and apparel sales proceeds should be donated to charity.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,896,427 times
He's already back tracked... He must read our forums.

Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade backs off compensation for Olympics - ESPN

Old 04-12-2012, 12:02 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Wade seemed a bit more humble when he came into the league, but has had some douche moments the last few years, especially since Lebron came to Miami. Don't know if that's just coincidence or not.....

I dunno. I kind of thought the same thing. I think "Skip Baseless" has stroked his ego in an attempt to belittle Lebron a little too much. Now he thinks he's so darn special..

You play basketball you little twit..Your not saving lives you pompous $#%. I mean, what a hundred million already isn't enough for you? I think the Olympic team should take him right off the roster. He obviously doesn't realize that it isn't about him. It's about the country. It's about taking pride in that. Most athletes devote their entire life to get to the Olympics and will never be payed like NBA players. So wake up you douche bag..I think his ego is overflated to the max. You won one Championship. Enough said.

I'm just so tired of all these whiny diva athletes and their minor complaining. The rest of us have to work tough jobs for pennies. You get paid millions to be a child..Grow up chump..I wish somebody would just smash him in the face like he did Kobe..But break his jaw too, not just his nose.

I used to actually like him. Now I am at the point where I can't stand him the most. His "ego" has grown to supersize status. He's probably my least favorite player in the league..
Rant over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball