Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 PM

78,368 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I am not condoning anything that would injure a player but realize, sometimes the well times super hit can changed the direction of a series as Kevin McHale demonstrates in 1984. I vividly remember this. The Lakers had the momentum in this series and this clothesline rattled the Lakers who eventually lost.

Kevin McHale Clotheslines Kurt Rambis - YouTube
Not in this era. You pull that crap now and with the priors....artest would be out of the league (and he knows it) and Bynum would be slapped hard too.

Hard to get Bynum to lay a beast foul on someone when it would be no more playoffs this year and likely cost him 3 million in missed games next year.

Even a 10 game suspension is a 2million hit to a guy like Bynum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
This sucks, nothing on TV tonight because stupid ESPN wanted to air games at 1pm and 3:30pm and now I have no idea what to watch,

This is why TNT should be the only network to air the NBA. Why couldn't they have aired the games at 5pm and 7:30pm?

Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
Does anyone like myself have San Antonio in a sweep of the Clippers? I just don't see where the LAC have the offensive firepower to stay competitive enough to win even one game against the Spurs. With a hobbled Griffin and Paul the chances of the Clippers actually making this a series are remote to say the least. And like the Jazz, if the Clippers can make one or two of the games semi-competitive toward the end they will have taken some sort of a moral victory at least. Outside of that I see this series as being completely one-sided.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:04 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Does anyone like myself have San Antonio in a sweep of the Clippers? I just don't see where the LAC have the offensive firepower to stay competitive enough to win even one game against the Spurs. With a hobbled Griffin and Paul the chances of the Clippers actually making this a series are remote to say the least. And like the Jazz, if the Clippers can make one or two of the games semi-competitive toward the end they will have taken some sort of a moral victory at least. Outside of that I see this series as being completely one-sided.
The Clippers stole Games 1 and 7 from the Grizzlies which lets me know they are definitely going to get swept

Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Clippers stole Games 1 and 7 from the Grizzlies which lets me know they are definitely going to get swept
Yeah, I think you're right. I've looked at the lineups of the two teams and for the life of me I cannot find one compelling reason why the LAC should win a game based on that information. But, one way that LA can get a game is to have the Spurs completely lay an egg for a night. But then again teams that have 14 game win streaks rarely do that so maybe not.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 PM

742 posts, read 2,067,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not in this era. You pull that crap now and with the priors....artest would be out of the league (and he knows it) and Bynum would be slapped hard too.
Artest got off easy. He also demonstrated the superficiality of his apology to James Harden.

"I don’t shake substitutions' hands,” ... in a reference to Harden's Sixth Man of the Year status. “He doesn’t start."

I kinda hope he pulls another dumb move, and gets expelled from the league for good. BTW, did Kevin McHale have a history of such hard fouls? If not, then he's no Ron Artest (or Bynum).

Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
so blake griffin might miss game one now. looks/sounds like that knee is a lot worse then they where letting on.

Quote:
UPDATE: Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News reports that Blake Griffin may not play in Game 1 against San Antonio on Tuesday.

"Vinny Del Negro says Blake Griffin (knee) not certain to play in Game 1. Said if it were regular season, Blake would get 'a week or 2' off," tweets McDonald.

Blake, however, tells McDonald: "There is no doubt. I'll be playing."

---
Blake Griffin asked out of Game 7 late in the fourth quarter on Sunday due to his sprained left knee.

"In the second half I felt like there were movements I wanted to do that I couldn't do," Griffin told the Los Angeles Daily News.

Even though his knee is hurting, Griffin will start in Game 1 against San Antonio on Tuesday.

-- Nick Borges

Old 05-14-2012, 03:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Artest got off easy. He also demonstrated the superficiality of his apology to James Harden.

"I don’t shake substitutions' hands,” ... in a reference to Harden's Sixth Man of the Year status. “He doesn’t start."

I kinda hope he pulls another dumb move, and gets expelled from the league for good. BTW, did Kevin McHale have a history of such hard fouls? If not, then he's no Ron Artest (or Bynum).
What did he say wrong? How can he shake hands with a player who does not start the game and is sitting on the bench?

Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 PM

742 posts, read 2,067,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
What did he say wrong? How can he shake hands with a player who does not start the game and is sitting on the bench?
Good point, since other players are doing the same thing too. Except that it's Ron Artest saying it.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Nah that's a BS answer, you watch just about every player shakes hands with just about every other player. Maybe not at tip off but go to a game, they ALL shake/greet each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball