Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 06:04 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc77 View Post
What was the question the reporter asked when Kobe ssimply replied "NO" and left the podium in the news conference?
this one?

Kobe Answers Question After Thunder Rout - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 06:29 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
You know, I could be totally wrong and a prisoner of the moment, but why am I getting the feeling more and more that this Heat team isn't going win a single title ( as presently constructed, let alone 2,3,4,5.....and so on)? San Antonio has quietly retooled since their last championship, Chicago and OKC are young and hungry( but growing in experience by the year), and well the Lakers are always a blockbuster trade away from being right in the thick of things. And now with Bosh's injury, odds are much longer on them even getting to the finals this year.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:50 AM

590 posts, read 1,013,036 times
For the Heat it's not a matter of Bosh or not. It's that Spoelstra hasn't done anything to develop a team around the big 3. He send the Big 3 on the court and watch. Yesterdasy the Heat would have won if Riley wiould have been the coach, it was a matter of staying focus and have the right determination.

Anyway, until the other players become effective, I don't see a title coming to Miami soon. Haslem, Battier, Miller, Chalmers are awful right now and have no effect on the team. Miami is asking Lebron to be the top defender, top offesive player, top everything and this is a mistake by Spoelstra.

If Chalmers keeps playing like thi9s maybe we need to see more of a Cole, but I don't see it'll happen.

At the end of the day, after losing to Dallas last year I said all we need is a decent (not a champ) center able to produce 10 pts - 10 rebs./game and a more proactive coach. We still don't have either so...we'll see.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:14 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
For the Heat it's not a matter of Bosh or not. It's that Spoelstra hasn't done anything to develop a team around the big 3. He send the Big 3 on the court and watch. Yesterdasy the Heat would have won if Riley wiould have been the coach, it was a matter of staying focus and have the right determination.

Anyway, until the other players become effective, I don't see a title coming to Miami soon. Haslem, Battier, Miller, Chalmers are awful right now and have no effect on the team. Miami is asking Lebron to be the top defender, top offesive player, top everything and this is a mistake by Spoelstra.

If Chalmers keeps playing like thi9s maybe we need to see more of a Cole, but I don't see it'll happen.

At the end of the day, after losing to Dallas last year I said all we need is a decent (not a champ) center able to produce 10 pts - 10 rebs./game and a more proactive coach. We still don't have either so...we'll see.
When your cap room is strangled, you just can't add guys like you are describing.

Pacers had a very good (but quiet) season. They are not an easy out for people and with Bosh out (and that's huge) they can beat Miami.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times
Goodness gracious...Thunderstruck just slightly. Hopefully everyone is on the same page that OKC will move on to the next round. Series over. Barkley was eating his brain while being televised on TNT and Shaq had a look on his face like he was raped. I think the torch has been passed...

The real championship will be between OKC/SA. Enjoy!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
i agree the thunder win the series BUT its not going to be as easy as some people seem to think it is. a blow out is a blow out BUT once again remember the 2008 spurs/hornets series? every game except game 7 was a blow out by the home team. the thunder have done nothing but what they where supposed to do, win at home. same for the spurs. the heat and celtics cant say the same. protect home court is the name of the game.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:39 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
When your cap room is strangled, you just can't add guys like you are describing.

Pacers had a very good (but quiet) season. They are not an easy out for people and with Bosh out (and that's huge) they can beat Miami.
Agreed, in fact Indy is currently in the driver's seat, having got the split and back home for games 3 and 4. There was a stretch of play in game 2 where the Heat's offense looked absolutely horrid when Indy turned up the pressure. So funny enough, while everyone was writing in Miami-Chicago for an ECF brawl, we may wind up with a Pacers-Celtics conference final. So much for pre-season predictions

Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,758,436 times
I just dont think the 'mind' of MWP, Kobes old legs, Bynums temper tantrums and all the other hollywood drama that LA brings to the court will make this go to 7. Not this year. No way. Done in 5-6.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

^^^EXACTLY!!!! MoItaly, this is the risk of building your team around three max contract players, there is no money to put real talent around them. Most of these guys are washed up, has-beens. You also have to realize that none of these guys are capable of replacing the scoring of Bosh. For all the criticism Bosh gets, he's a rare talent in the league and his scoring will not be replaced by the supporting cast of the Heat. If he cannot come back anytime soon, Miami probably won't even make the Finals.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 AM

742 posts, read 2,068,222 times
Not to mention LeBron's increasing tendency to lose his nerves as his team advances to the next stage of the playoffs. It has been the case every postseason, going back to as early as the 2007 Finals (when he and his Cavs were swept by the Spurs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball