Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 11:45 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post

Why do you keep making these ridiculous predictions?

Why did you wait until today to ask me that? And you know most of the country had the heat winning game 5 in a blowout. I;m still not counting the Heat out because Boston now has a lot of pressure to close out at home in Game 6 and if they don't I think they are done. No way are they winning two games in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why did you wait until today to ask me that? And you know most of the country had the heat winning game 5 in a blowout. I;m still not counting the Heat out because Boston now has a lot of pressure to close out at home in Game 6 and if they don't I think they are done. No way are they winning two games in Miami.
Don't change the conversation, again, why do YOU keep making these ridiculous predictions? You've been wrong about most of them. Why not just sit back and wait to see what happens. Your love for the Heat has completely blinded your ability to make rational assumptions about these games.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Don't change the conversation, again, why do YOU keep making these ridiculous predictions? You've been wrong about most of them. Why not just sit back and wait to see what happens. Your love for the Heat has completely blinded your ability to make rational assumptions about these games.
Lots of people was wrong last night. If someone wanted to bet my half my rent that the Celtics would win Game 5 in Miami I would have taken the bet because I just didn't see the Celtics winning at all last night.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:47 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
LeBron also needs a killer instinct and not disappear at crunch time over and over and over.....

You got that right, one FG in the last 8 minutes, reminds me of the all star game this year when he was called out for not taking the final shot, or last years Finals. It's one thing to take the shot and miss, its another to not take it at all.

I think he's the most talented player in the league, but sometimes I wonder if he's the best. Give him Garnett's intensity and he might be the best ever.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:25 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Give him Garnett's intensity and he might be the best ever.
Still too many holes in his game for that; suspect footwork, streaky jumpshot, underdeveloped post-game. You see the limitations of his offensive game when his jumpshot goes awry; he just totally loses confidence. Which is odd because Lebron for the first 5 years, even though raw, didn't seem to have confidence issues. Reality is he's reached a point where anything less than a championship will be considered a failed year, and I think he's having trouble adapting to that kind of pressure.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:48 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,790,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Still too many holes in his game for that; suspect footwork, streaky jumpshot, underdeveloped post-game. You see the limitations of his offensive game when his jumpshot goes awry; he just totally loses confidence. Which is odd because Lebron for the first 5 years, even though raw, didn't seem to have confidence issues. Reality is he's reached a point where anything less than a championship will be considered a failed year, and I think he's having trouble adapting to that kind of pressure.
He worked with Akeem Olajuwon last summer on his post and it seems Dream wasn't a good teacher or Lebron was a poor student, nine years in the league and he still can't post up. His footwork and post up probably would be better if he went to college and played for a good coach.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
He worked with Akeem Olajuwon last summer on his post and it seems Dream wasn't a good teacher or Lebron was a poor student, nine years in the league and he still can't post up. His footwork and post up probably would be better if he went to college and played for a good coach.
Yeah I saw the footage; Hakeem also worked with Kobe and Dwight the prior two summers. Dwight and Lebron are too mechanical when they operate out of the post. Kobe being the more natural and instinctive scorer benefited from it, though....

Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
The post game is baffling to me. There needs to be an intervention...put him in a room with 10 respected coaches and say "you are too strong and fast to not have a post game- spend the offseason on the technical aspects to get it down" it may prolong his career into his late 30s.

His FG% have also been good. He's a PG/SG in a PF body- the percentages he puts up on a year to year basis are fine. They would be better if he didn't spend the first 2 or 3 quarters trying to shoulder the weight of the team and take 4 or 5 really tough shots.

I don't think its a confidence issue more of pressure issue to me. His first 4-5 years he played on a team that was one of the underdogs going into the playoffs. If the Cavs lost- his cast could be blamed. The pressure mounted it seemed in 08-09 and 09-10 as his team was the favorite and the organization surrounded him with better talent and the Cavs lead the league in the Reg. season.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post

I don't think its a confidence issue more of pressure issue to me. His first 4-5 years he played on a team that was one of the underdogs going into the playoffs. If the Cavs lost- his cast could be blamed. The pressure mounted it seemed in 08-09 and 09-10 as his team was the favorite and the organization surrounded him with better talent and the Cavs lead the league in the Reg. season.
Lol... I did say it was a pressure issue.

Reality is he's reached a point where anything less than a championship will be considered a failed year, and I think he's having trouble adapting to that kind of pressure.

You said the exact same thing I did.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:14 PM

3,394 posts, read 2,800,591 times
Quote:
Lol... I did say it was a pressure issue.

Reality is he's reached a point where anything less than a championship will be considered a failed year, and I think he's having trouble adapting to that kind of pressure.

You said the exact same thing I did.
I know you said pressure, you mentioned confidence issues too. Lebron has never been short on confidence. He knows he's good- he was confident enough to claim he would win not 1, not 2....etc. championships. He has that chamionship swagger and the statements he has made throughout his career back up a supreme confidence level.

I think his mental approach changes in times where his team is expected to win. Jordan wanted to destroy you. You don't see it with Lebron. He's not your alpha male- he was fine with joining forces with Wade and Bosh. There are athletes all over that relish this time. Its really quite the opposite it seems with him. Just my opinion we can't read his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball