Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:27 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
^ Yep....remember this?

Kevin Garnett "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!" Interview (6.17.08) - YouTube

I felt that myself, because I was a huge Garnett fan in Minnesota and I can appreciate 12 years of struggle and mediocrity when he finally got the monkey off his back and the emotions pouring out. As unarticulated as he sounded there, that for me was one of those sports moments that sticks with you, kind of like how MJ cried when he won the first ring.

I felt the same way when Dirk won last year....
lol you do realize this little outburst was one of the corniest, most disingenuous things in nba finals history right.. ALL that was, was a plug for ADIDAS his sneaker sponsor. lol@ comparing it to Jordan crying after his first ring.

look it up. the equivalent would be any nike-endorsed athlete yelling "just do it!!!!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 04:43 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol you do realize this little outburst was one of the corniest, most disingenuous things in nba finals history right.. ALL that was, was a plug for ADIDAS his sneaker sponsor. lol@ comparing it to Jordan crying after his first ring.

look it up. the equivalent would be any nike-endorsed athlete yelling "just do it!!!!!!"
No I don't realize it, because I wasn't referring to the anything is possible Adidas reference. I was speaking overall to the emotion he displayed, or was that disingenuous too?

Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
everything about that was corny. the most memorable part about it was him screaming the adidas slogan as is clearly seen by the title of the video itself. but wait im supposed to believe that in his unbridled emotion he's going to find the time to scream out a shoe company's slogan, because its so natural hahahha. like jordan crying over the larry obrien trophy and yelling "air jordan! just do it!"

Old 05-13-2012, 05:38 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
everything about that was corny. the most memorable part about it was him screaming the adidas slogan as is clearly seen by the title of the video itself. but wait im supposed to believe that in his unbridled emotion he's going to find the time to scream out a shoe company's slogan, because its so natural hahahha. like jordan crying over the larry obrien trophy and yelling "air jordan! just do it!"
Your focus is squarely on him shouting the slogan. I'm more speaking to his crying afterwards. Anyways, I was happy for the guy when he won and not overly concerned about what you personally deem corny.

Last edited by Roman77; 05-13-2012 at 05:58 PM..

Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 PM

297 posts, read 401,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yeah, it's not even close to the same thing.
Another reason IMO is that KG is a "big man" it is common for them to team up with perimeter players like Pierce or Allen. James hooking up with Bosh would be normal, but hooking up with Wade was odd especially when at the time the two were both considered two of the top five players in the game.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:12 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,984,588 times
As much as I have grown to dislike Garnett since he moved to the Celtics, he is still one of the best PF ever and I have a lot of respect for him as a player. Just to piggyback off of some of the points already made, he also became the unquestionable leader of that team. He helped change the culture of that team with his tenacity and amazing defensive acumen. I believe he proved that in the right situation he could lead a team to a championship and step up in the big moments. Right now, even with Lebron's current situation where he basically had an opportunity to pick and choose some of his teammates, he has yet to prove himself to be that leader. When he wins a championship then I think this conversation may have a bit more merit, like others said KG didn't have as much control over his situation that Lebron had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball