Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,801,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
But the Thunder is 1 game away from the NBA Finals

And it will be the biggest choke because it's the round before the Finals. The other two chokes were in earlier rounds

2004-lost in 2nd round

2011-lost in 1st round
You said they were two wins away (past tense) as if the series IS over now.

It won't be the biggest choke because it's #2 beating #1 in the Conference Finals. Losing to a lower seed earlier is more damaging to an image than losing to a team that could go to the Finals right before the Finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,826,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You said they were two wins away (past tense) as if the series IS over now.

It won't be the biggest choke because it's #2 beating #1 in the Conference Finals. Losing to a lower seed earlier is more damaging to an image than losing to a team that could go to the Finals right before the Finals.
It's not the seed of the other team that doesn't make it a choke, it's the round the team is in and how they were in control of the series.

The series is not over but the Thunder is a game away from the Finals which means the Spurs being 2 wins away is no longer a big deal.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,449,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
In the polls, I picked OKC in six. Although I didn't state it, that's what I put for the polls.
You can see who picked what in the poll, by clicking on the number next to the poll results, providing its a public poll, which this is.

You had them in 6 you are correct, I had them in 5, which would have happened if not for a ridic game 1 comeback.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,681,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Greg you called them in six on page two. I give you props. There was only a few of us who had them winning it. I said I was unsure, but I picked them in the poll in six. I just didn't want to put it out there in case I was dead wrong..Looks like we were on the same page. I take that back, after reviewing the pages, you flip flopped like crazy.
LOL...if memory serves I picked OKC because most other people were picking SA, but I didn't really think OKC was going to win. I was just being contrary to popular opinion .

I've been on vacation the past week so I've missed alot of basketball this week, but I'm not ready to hand the series to OKC yet. They're going to have to play the next game like it's their last. I don't think they beat the Spurs in a game 7 on the road. Having said that, I'm glad it's been a tough series and not a cakewalk for anyone. Alot of people were saying Spurs in 5 but I just didn't see it. I think OKC are playing at a high enough level right now, that no-one in the league is going to beat them that badly.

I'll predict here and now( and this isn't a flip-flop, I really mean this lol) that IF they get past the Spurs, I see them taking the title. I don't think Miami is going to beat this team( assuming they get past Boston, of course) and that's even if Bosh comes back. Which, as much as it would enhances Durant's growing legacy, it would also drop a big dump on Lebron's. In terms of starpower though and drawing, a Durant-Lebron clash would be big money for the NBA( possibly the best mano-a-mano finals clash we've seen in a while).

Old 06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,826,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
LOL...if memory serves I picked OKC because most other people were picking SA, but I didn't really think OKC was going to win. I was just being contrary to popular opinion .

I've been on vacation the past week so I've missed alot of basketball this week, but I'm not ready to hand the series to OKC yet. They're going to have to play the next game like it's their last. I don't think they beat the Spurs in a game 7 on the road. Having said that, I'm glad it's been a tough series and not a cakewalk for anyone. Alot of people were saying Spurs in 5 but I just didn't see it. I think OKC are playing at a high enough level right now, that no-one in the league is going to beat them that badly.

I'll predict here and now( and this isn't a flip-flop, I really mean this lol) that IF they get past the Spurs, I see them taking the title. I don't think Miami is going to beat this team( assuming they get past Boston, of course) and that's even if Bosh comes back. Which, as much as it would enhances Durant's growing legacy, it would also drop a big dump on Lebron's. In terms of starpower though and drawing, a Durant-Lebron clash would be big money for the NBA( possibly the best mano-a-mano finals clash we've seen in a while).

It's not called flip-flopping if you are just expressing your opinions based on the current situation of the series. If your prediction is wrong you admit it and state what you think about the team you picked and why they didn't win the series.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:04 PM

410 posts, read 340,020 times
OkC wins the WCC on Wednesday.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:48 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
Well, I thought the pedigree of the Spurs would prevail. They are on the brink now. Maybe they have run out of gas. The Thunder have surprised me with this 3-2 lead. Cro-magnon Westbrook again took more shot attempts than anyone else in the building and they still beat the Spurs.

Surprising series. I hope it goes 7 games and still hoping the Spurs pull it out.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Well, I thought the pedigree of the Spurs would prevail. They are on the brink now. Maybe they have run out of gas. The Thunder have surprised me with this 3-2 lead. Cro-magnon Westbrook again took more shot attempts than anyone else in the building and they still beat the Spurs.

Surprising series. I hope it goes 7 games and still hoping the Spurs pull it out.
I think the Thunder will win, but I don't have a crystal ball. One thing I do know though; this is one hell of an entertaining playoff in both the East and West!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,743,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
I hate that team (Spurs). They'll get their asses handed to them every game in OKC, and lose one more at home.
LOL- She was right! Wow!!

Old 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
LOL- She was right! Wow!!
I was spot on there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball