Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: who wins
spurs in 4 0 0%
spurs in 5 3 6.52%
spurs in 6 17 36.96%
spurs in 7 3 6.52%
thunder in 4 0 0%
thunder in 5 3 6.52%
thunder in 6 12 26.09%
thunder in 7 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times

Advertisements

This series is a tough one. If I listened to the "so called experts", I would go with the spurs. But I don't know. This is a pretty resilent Oklahoma team. I don't really know what to think. Do I think the Spurs can win? Yes, But I also think that OKC can win too. This ones a toss up. Experience obviously goes to the Spurs, but Okc is showing that they can step it up. If you beat the Lakers (with 2 seven footers, "Kobe's words-not mine) 4-1, you have to be doing something right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 04:39 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
This series is a tough one. If I listened to the "so called experts", I would go with the spurs. But I don't know. This is a pretty resilent Oklahoma team. I don't really know what to think. Do I think the Spurs can win? Yes, But I also think that OKC can win too. This ones a toss up. Experience obviously goes to the Spurs, but Okc is showing that they can step it up. If you beat the Lakers (with 2 seven footers, "Kobe's words-not mine) 4-1, you have to be doing something right.
The Mavs (a team that those same "experts" said wouldn't even get out of the 1st round) swept those same Lakers.

.... just sayin'.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:08 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The Mavs (a team that those same "experts" said wouldn't even get out of the 1st round) swept those same Lakers.

.... just sayin'.

Well aware of that. That Dallas team was also the most well balanced team that year. I'm just saying that I think OKC has just as good a chance. With a pretty nice bench and Harden coming off of it, they're pretty good too. Nothing against San Antonio, because I have always been a big Duncan/Ginobli/so so Parker fan. Have always rooted for them in the finals. But this one is closer than people realize. Durant is a stud and Westbrook hasn't been playing in the playoffs like he was during the regular season. Not turning the ball over. Nobody has really seen this team (now with the lack of turnovers) all season.

Don't get what I'm saying twisted. I'm not picking favorites. I don't root for either team, although I usually find a team (that's not my team/if my team doesn't advance, which they usually don't) and root for them. Every year San Antonio went to the finals I rooted for them. I just honestly don't know who's going to win when it comes to these two. Their both in the western conference finals for a reason. The key could be Westbrook for OKC if they pull it off. Just as the key for San Antonio is Ginobli/ Parker/ and Duncan, even though their bench has been touted all year. I understand basketball. Not my first year watching/playing/observing. Injuries can happen and change anything. Teams that you wouldn't expect much out of can get hot (last years Dallas best example in years). Be honest, who would have picked them to go all the way? Nobody, even I was surprised and I rarely am. In the game of sports you can never completely know a team will win when teams are even in talent.

Just Saying...

Old 05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
JJG

Pretty damn good game, so far.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Irony I guess, we are up in oklahoma camping this weekend. Wish I could see the game but Sirius satellite is doin just fine. Spurs better relax, turn overs are killing us.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:53 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Irony I guess, we are up in oklahoma camping this weekend. Wish I could see the game but Sirius satellite is doin just fine. Spurs better relax, turn overs are killing us.
If Fisher starts looking like the Fisher from 2002 then the Spurs maybe in trouble because OKC has so many good offensive players and that may open things up for him to hurt the spurs from the side. Kind of like a "robert horry" role

Old 05-27-2012, 08:06 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Exciting game so far....

Old 05-27-2012, 08:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Exciting game so far....
I think it hurt the spurs to be undefeated up until now because I knew that OKC would be motivated and pumped to steal Game 1 due to the fact that they haven';t lost since 4/11/12. If the Spurs had already lost a game right now they would be up by 20

Old 05-27-2012, 08:11 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think it hurt the spurs to be undefeated up until now because I knew that OKC would be motivated and pumped to steal Game 1 due to the fact that they haven';t lost since 4/11/12. If the Spurs had already lost a game right now they would be up by 20
I don't think losing a game or two or three would make much of a difference.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If the Spurs had already lost a game right now they would be up by 20
Insightful, as always....Rigas I'll leave you to wrap your head around that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball