Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:36 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,669,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I first thought it was 70ish but had recently read an article claiming it would be more like 58. The writer seemed to really know their stuff though.

Now I'm confused.
58 might be the cap but you don't have to pay luxary tax at that level. However you are limited to mid-level exceptions etc. I think the cap might be tied to revenue also but I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 10:52 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So what is considered in the NBA? 32? Because if so then

Wade has 2 years left
Melo has 4 years left
Lebron has 4 years left
34 in August, with 16 years under his belt. It's not getting any better than what you see now....

Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The Bulls had the best reg season record with this squad, even with Deng's torn ligament & Rose's injuries. I question how much of an upgrade Gasol is over Boozer. Gasol is 32 now and might be starting to decline. Remember what happened with the bulls with Ben Wallace.

The Bulls need a 2 guard, not a power forward. As much as I liked the move to get Rip H, he's 34 now and after a year of injuries, I think unlikely to return to form. Bulls just need a 2 guard who can play D, pass, and hit the open 3 to get to the next level. Must be a guy like that somewhere....

Gasol doesn't miss many wide open shots unlike Boozer.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
34 in August, with 16 years under his belt. It's not getting any better than what you see now....
I believe he just won his 5th ring 2 years ago so I'm having trouble understanding the decline you speak of when it's clear he is surrounded by a bunch of fools which explains why they can't get beyond the second round

Gasol....doesn't rebound or defend

Bynum....too goofy in the low post and bi-polar

Sessions...The turnover man

Barnes......Do I need to say anything?

Blake........Inconsistent jumper

Artest.......Inconsistent jumper

I see some things in Hill which is a positive since he likes to defend and play defense

But Barnes, Blake, and Gasol are not helpful at all to Kobe.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM

1,742 posts, read 6,138,812 times
Unless for some odd reason the Lakers decide to trade Bynum without picking up Howard or Gasol learns to have chemistry with a center, then Gasol will be gone. Gasol is a good player, but unfortunately Gasol/Bynum just can't compare to Duncan/Robinson.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:54 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
I believe he just won his 5th ring 2 years ago so I'm having trouble understanding the decline you speak of when it's clear he is surrounded by a bunch of fools which explains why they can't get beyond the second round

Gasol....doesn't rebound or defend

Bynum....too goofy in the low post and bi-polar

Sessions...The turnover man

Barnes......Do I need to say anything?

Blake........Inconsistent jumper

Artest.......Inconsistent jumper

I see some things in Hill which is a positive since he likes to defend and play defense

But Barnes, Blake, and Gasol are not helpful at all to Kobe.
Quick, which of the guys you are blaming shot 2/10 in the 4th quarter of game 4 and choked away the 8 pt. lead?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Quick, which of the guys you are blaming shot 2/10 in the 4th quarter of game 4 and choked away the 8 pt. lead?
Mike Brown choked away that 7 pt lead. After Kobe threw that pass and Durant stole the ball and scored to cut the lead to 5, as a coach he was supposed to call timeout so his team can regroup. But that fool stands there and watches a 7 point lead vanish and don't call timeout until the Lakers are down 1. So it was Mike Brown, not Kobe

Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
The lakers definitely need to revamp their roster. Having said that, Kobe is certainly not in his prime anymore. I've watched this guys entire career; Its sheer lunacy to suggest there's been no dropoff. He's obviously still a great player, but he's not 2006 Kobe. He's not even 2010 Kobe....father time never loses.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
The lakers definitely need to revamp their roster. Having said that, Kobe is certainly not in his prime anymore. I've watched this guys entire career; Its sheer lunacy to suggest there's been no dropoff. He's obviously still a great player, but he's not 2006 Kobe. He's not even 2010 Kobe....father time never loses.
When a superstar has a IDIOT for a coach he will never succeed........:Mike Brown

Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
When a superstar has a IDIOT for a coach he will never succeed........:Mike Brown
Regardless of his teammates or coach, KOBE as a player is past his peak. Even his most dedicated fans can see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball