Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:26 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,110,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sorry but you need to suck it up man.

The Heat players have been extremely arrogant and nobody likes that. They absolutely brought that upon themselves.

When people say they hate them you are just taking it too personally. No one really wants lebron to get brain cancer, they just want to see him not win at basketball.

Also, just a little FYI....but being hated means you are on the map. Would you rather be a Bobcats fan and have your team ignored but not hated?

P.S. If you think you have it bad, imagine being a patriots fan....

Its also because people see a team that was assembled more than it was grown. The Mavericks were the perfect team to beat them last season, they were the anti-Heat, this season OKC or SA would fill the roll as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,618 times
Had LeBron and/or Bosh won a title before going to Miami and proclaiming that they would win not one, not two, not three, etc..... then perhaps they wouldn't be receiving the hate they are getting now. You really shouldn't proclaim yourself the G.O.A.T. until you got the hardware (a title or three).

Also, The Decision didn't really earn him too many fans, especially here in NE Ohio. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he donated a few million to charity. As soon as the playoffs ended he still should have had the decency to tell the Cavs that he was not coming back under any circumstances (don't tell me he even considered returning) so that the Cavs front office could plan and so that the team and city wasn't humiliated on national TV. He had every right to leave and it was probably best he did but his departurewas handled terribly. Had he informed everyone that he was NOT returning to the Cavs he would have still garnered as much if not more attention... "where is he going? NYC?, Chicago?, Brooklyn? L.A.? Miami?". He still could have done the decision thing.

All that being said, I don't hate the guy and am almost starting to feel sorry for him. LeBron is a great player but he's just not an Alpha dog, at least he hasn't shown that he's one quite yet.

I reserve most of my loathing for all the front running fans that jumped on the bandwagon, talked tons of smack about Ohio and the Cavs yet probably can't name alll five Heat starters. Ditto for ESPN, David Stern and all the sponsers for basically turning the NBA into the WWE.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,194,695 times
I hate any team that is in a sport that doesnt have a hard cap that tries to buy titles (Celtics, Red Sox, Heat, Yankees, Lakers, Phillies). Ironically, being a Knicks fan, thats a conflict of interest, but to the Knicks credit, they spent big for over a decade, but never get anything in return, kind of like the NBAs Chicago Cubs.

Has nothing to do with Lebron, or any individual player I just hate when most or all of the competition is amongst a couple teams, and you have jokes like Charlotte that cant even win 10 games, and 9 other teams under 40% winning percentage.

The gap between Minnesota, the best of the Western Conference teams under 40%, and the last playoff team, Utah, was 10 games, and was the same in the East, with the Pistons trailing the Sixers by 10 games. The fall off was also great. The closest team to the Sixers was Milwaukee, 4 games out. That was about the same distance separating Indiana, the 3rd seed, from Orlando, the sixth seed. In the west, Portland, the only team with a losing record over 40%, trailed Utah by 8 games, which was the same distance between the Lakers at the third seed, and the Phoenix Suns, who finished directly in front of Portland, and out of the playoffs.

In many cases, it would only take one really good player to make them competitive, such as James did in Cleveland, or Paul did for New Orleans. Instead, those good players are massing on a few teams, building super teams, and leaving a full 30% of NBA teams pretty much just schedule fodder.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 AM

531 posts, read 2,898,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Dislike, ignore, but reserve hate for when it's needed and deserved.
I think it's deserved.

Miami Heat intro to LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade - YouTube

Old 06-04-2012, 11:17 AM

14,184 posts, read 22,725,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
So, apparently, most of the USA hates the Heat. It started with hating Lebron James, guilty of putting up an unnecessary show during the "Decision" and accused of being a "traitor" for leaving Cleveland to join a better team in Miami

Then Wade became the villain; I don't remember why but he must have done something....then it spread to the whole team.

As a Heat fan, it is at the shame time appalling the amount of hate this team gets and also exciting: I, and I am sure I am not the only one - have never felt so close to the team as now. When you are hated you kinda stick together.

You take a trip to the ESPN forums (that I am sure are not very different from other forums) and nobody cares about basketball: it's all about Lebrick, Lechoke, Lebum, you get the drill. It is amazing to me, an American who wasn't born in this country, to see how people can hate a guy for doing something stupid on TV but not hate people who actually hurt the USA badly, from greedy bankers, to a former President who sent us to a war under false pretenses....

I read the comments of those anti-heat members and somehow I can't avoid thinking it's people with an empty or sorry life. I mean, there have been players I disliked or teams, but "hate"? No, it takes more to me than being a Jets player to hate somebody even if I am a fan of everything Miami.

Dislike, ignore, but reserve hate for when it's needed and deserved.
As a fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins, I feel your pain.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:54 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,029 times
The fans in Miami dont even like the HEAT all that much man. I have been to 3 or 4 Heat games in Miami and they are NEVER sold out. The fans in Miami are so fair weather its ridiculous. Remind me of the Braves in baseball.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,194,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The fans in Miami dont even like the HEAT all that much man. I have been to 3 or 4 Heat games in Miami and they are NEVER sold out. The fans in Miami are so fair weather its ridiculous. Remind me of the Braves in baseball.
Much of my wifes family comes from Miami, and most of them had some other "favorite team" before they got Lebron and Bosh. Now they all are riding the bandwagon hard.

As for the Braves, Ive been a Braves fan since 1989, thanks very much, but I know what you are saying here.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:45 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Much of my wifes family comes from Miami, and most of them had some other "favorite team" before they got Lebron and Bosh. Now they all are riding the bandwagon hard.

As for the Braves, Ive been a Braves fan since 1989, thanks very much, but I know what you are saying here.
I love going to the park in ATL because I know I can always get a seat. The thing there is ATL fans support them when they are winning or in the playoffs. I cant tell you how many red Sox series I have gone to in ATL and there was more noise from the Red Sox than there was from Braves fans.

Miami is worse. Went to a Heat v Celts game and there was an upper level section that had about 12 people in it. Really??? Thats beyond strange to me. I can understand if they were the Bobcats, but your team is the HEATLES...lmao

Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtobeanyer View Post
Eeee-yep.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:47 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,136,238 times
If I recall Wade thinks the Olympics should be a paid sport and also likes making fun of people when they're sick. It was said that the Heat would win titles, and have yet won none. This makes them liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball