Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
You mean the way KG and Rondo stayed with their team at the end of game 7 last night?
Touché...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
You mean the way KG and Rondo stayed with their team at the end of game 7 last night?
Why do they have to be hugging after a tough loss in Game 7? Who cares if they left especially since Rondo made it clear that he doesn't like the Heat players at all.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:23 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why do they have to be hugging after a tough loss in Game 7? Who cares if they left especially since Rondo made it clear that he doesn't like the Heat players at all.
Well, I thought since people cared about every little thing Lebron does good or bad or in the middle, that we should point out KG and Rondo, but no they are the perfect loyal teamates I guess

Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Well, I thought since people cared about every little thing Lebron does good or bad or in the middle, that we should point out KG and Rondo, but no they are the perfect loyal teamates I guess
If you are the face of your franchise you have to do it and it's really no way to escape it. So that's why Lebron was criticized. Now if Mike Miller left without shaking hands if the Heat loses the Finals no one would care.

Paul Pierce stay out on the floor because he is the franchise player

Old 06-12-2012, 12:36 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If you are the face of your franchise you have to do it and it's really no way to escape it. So that's why Lebron was criticized. Now if Mike Miller left without shaking hands if the Heat loses the Finals no one would care.

Paul Pierce stay out on the floor because he is the franchise player

So Paul Pierce was actually the best player on Boston this playoff run? I thought KG and Rondo were...I actually hate Paul Pierce as far as basketball goes and had respect for KG before all this, but I gotta give some respect to Paul Pierce now for being sportsman like...while the others walked off like Lebron did in his past...I used to hate Lebron too, but opened my mind more when my team got him....I still beleive they gave him his crown before he earned it, but I also see that people hate on him now like I used to for petty reasons..Even though I pointed out what KG and Rondo did by not shaking hands, I see why they did it...They were dealing with the loss of what they had as a team, but at the same time, wasn't Lebron doing the same in Clevland as he had no Rondo, Pierce, or KG to help him along the way?

Bottom line, they all knew thier time was over,and the pain of that maybe made them walk away from the losses in the fashion they did it in

p.s. I get what franchise player means..lol

Last edited by RazorRob305; 06-12-2012 at 12:45 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
FBJ

Quote:
So Paul Pierce was actually the best player on Boston this playoff run? I thought KG and Rondo were...I actually hate Paul Pierce as far as basketball goes and had respect for KG before all this, but I gotta give some respect to Paul Pierce now for being sportsman like...while the others walked off like Lebron did in his past...I used to hate Lebron too, but opened my mind more when my team got him....I still beleive they gave him his crown before he earned it, but I also see that people hate on him now like I used to for petty reasons..Even though I pointed out what KG and Rondo did by not shaking hands, I see why they did it...They were dealing with the loss of what they had as a team, but at the same time, wasn't Lebron doing the same in Clevland as he had no Rondo, Pierce, or KG to help him along the way?

Bottom line, they all knew thier time was over,and the pain of that maybe made them walk away from the losses in the fashion they did it in

p.s. I get what franchise player means..lol

Paul Pierce is the face of the Boston franchise and he knows that which is why he stayed on the floor with Doc Rivers. And I still think he is the best player on the team even though he didn't have a good series. A large part of why the Celtics were even in a game 7 in a ECF was because of the contributions from Pierce including that big shot at the end of Game 5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball