Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who, and in how many games?
Thunder in 4 1 1.82%
Thunder in 5 7 12.73%
Thunder in 6 20 36.36%
Thunder in 7 6 10.91%
Heat in 4 1 1.82%
Heat in 5 8 14.55%
Heat in 6 2 3.64%
Heat in 7 10 18.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times

Advertisements

^are you serious... westbrook is the reason they were in at least 2 games. yes he's been a shoot first pg but damn watching durant be so passive, standing at the 3 pt line waiting for something to happen was incredibly frustrating. why couldnt durant be as aggressive as westbrook? and it wasnt like durant was demanding the ball and westbrook wasnt giving it to him, he was flat out just standing around

and harden didnt show up at all.
i saw that in games 2-4 durant's effort was terrible. westbrook put up 43 and durant scored the quietest 28 pts i've ever seen. if its HIS team why was westbrook putting okc on his back and carrying the team? if its Durants team why wasnt he demanding the ball and scoring? terrible performance by durant all series long. the thunder deserved to lose.
awful finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Is this the first fab 5 ring?
Yup. I was going to post this myself.

I think Juwan Howard will now retire. Maybe he can show his ring to Chris Webber and Jalen Rose.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Well, I thought OKC would win. I like Durant, but can't stand that unabomber Harden and ball-hogging Westbrook. They got spanked good in this series. Maybe Westbrook will get a clue that launching up more shots than anyone else in the building does not a win make. Westbrook should also realize that OKC is Durant's team. Very surprised the way OKC rolled over. They have plenty of work to do in the off-season, and some changes to make.

I have to give credit where credit is due. LeBron is a monster and appears unstoppable at times. He's always a threat, and he has carried himself with a lot more maturity and professionalism. I still think he's overexposed and comparisons with other greats like Jordan are premature IMO. I also think that it is wasn't for the championship heart, spirit, and character that is the great Dwyane Wade from Marquette, LeBron would still be the same immature grunt who comes up short when it counts.

Kudos to Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat!
Dwyane Wade stepped up, but this isn't about him, this is about Lebron maturing and stepping up in the big moments. No way should Wade get credit for this, look who the unanimous Finals MVP is.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
STUPID QUESTION: Is this more about the Heat (the TEAM) winning their 2nd title or LeBron winning his first?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Looking back at the series and how close the first 4 games were, Miami was really 5 points from sweeping this series. I was really impressed with how Battier, Chalmers, and Miller showed up. These guys were big in the finals, well Miller game 5 but wow, nothing like waiting for the finals to kill it.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
No need to be sorry mate. Looks kind of new school to me judging by google search.
It may be, I can assure you though it's not something I made up

Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So that means I don't need eye surgery
No you still need it ..... it was an aberration. 14-26 3-point shooting isn't a standard Heat shooting display...the reality is everything came together for them tonight. Look up the box score, it was a team effort in every sense of the word, and the Heat 'shooters' were about as hot as humanly possible.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:44 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
STUPID QUESTION: Is this more about the Heat (the TEAM) winning their 2nd title or LeBron winning his first?
That's not a stupid question, the way the media is portraying it, it's all about James getting his first ring. ESPN has called it LeBron's night. Pretty sure he plays on a team and there are plenty of other guys who have never won a title on the team..............

Old 06-22-2012, 07:29 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I never had much reason to speak to you recently.

This current incarnation of the Heat team has only been together two years. Year one, the finals, year two a championship, that's not a bad track record. Not trying to say 'I told you so' because I have no vested interest in Miami winning, but the notion of them winning doesn't seem so ridiculous now, does it?
I actually said in the past that the Heat WOULD eventually win a championship.

I was only saying that they wouldn't be the unstoppable team that many of you guys were saying they were.

I knew they would EVENTUALLY win a championship.

Did I EVER say they wouldn't win a championship???

Some of you were acting like they would win 4 out of the next 5 championships.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:34 AM

14,021 posts, read 15,018,765 times
If the Celtics where not Cheated out of game 2, the Heat wouldn't even have been in the Finals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball