Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Orlando Magic Trading Dwight Howard for Bynum good deal?
Yes For Orlando 0 0%
Yes For L.A. 17 70.83%
Yes For Both Teams 4 16.67%
No For Neither Team 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times

Advertisements

If I was part of the Orlando Magic organization I would have to trade Howard. I would not keep him for another year and let him walk away as a free agent and get nothing in return. That would set there organization back for at least several years. That being said I think Dwight Howard is a cry baby and is one of the reasons why superstar players like him hurt the brand of the NBA. I don't understand why Dwight Howard would not want to go to the Lakers but instead he wants to go to a 2nd rate New York Team. He would have a much better chance getting to the NBA Finals in the Western Conference than having to face the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals every season. To bad Dwight Howard is too immature to realize this great opportunity he has in front of him. SMH.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:30 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
If I was part of the Orlando Magic organization I would have to trade Howard. I would not keep him for another year and let him walk away as a free agent and get nothing in return. That would set there organization back for at least several years. That being said I think Dwight Howard is a cry baby and is one of the reasons why superstar players like him hurt the brand of the NBA. I don't understand why Dwight Howard would not want to go to the Lakers but instead he wants to go to a 2nd rate New York Team. He would have a much better chance getting to the NBA Finals in the Western Conference than having to face the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals every season. To bad Dwight Howard is too immature to realize this great opportunity he has in front of him. SMH.

Simple...why play for the Lakers when he can establish his own legacy in Brooklyn...if he played for the Lakers, he would always be compared to Shaq, etc. , but playing for the Nets, he can have a chance to win titles and future Nets players will always be compared to him. He is not following in any footsteps by going to the Nets. If he goes to the Nets, he would be the main guy.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:11 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Simple...why play for the Lakers when he can establish his own legacy in Brooklyn...if he played for the Lakers, he would always be compared to Shaq, etc. , but playing for the Nets, he can have a chance to win titles and future Nets players will always be compared to him. He is not following in any footsteps by going to the Nets. If he goes to the Nets, he would be the main guy.
Good points. Not to mention that anyone with two eyes saw Kobe kill the Lakers in the playoffs and then turn around and blame bynum and gasol.

Want to be saddled to a superstar that is aging gracelessly?

Kobe has an ego a mile wide, it's what made him great but it's also his achilles.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Hell no, Amare sucks
You might be optimisitic in your assessment.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Have you forgotten that the Knicks still play in New York City? His team will always play 2nd fiddle to the NY Knicks even if the Nets do win a championship. The Chicago White Sox and Cubs are a perfect example of that. He has a much better chance of getting to the NBA Finals in the Western Conference than having to face the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals every year.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:20 PM
JL

Quote:
Have you forgotten that the Knicks still play in New York City? His team will always play 2nd fiddle to the NY Knicks even if the Nets do win a championship. The Chicago White Sox and Cubs are a perfect example of that. He has a much better chance of getting to the NBA Finals in the Western Conference than having to face the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals every year.
Just look at the # of comments by a bunch of Knicks fans saying they're leaving them cause of Dolan not re-signing Lin...many are fed up with Dolan...if you think the Knicks will be the toast of town even if the Nets win a title, then you're in denial...

Prokohrov's goal is to make the Knicks irrelevant and start a legacy for the Nets which is why he did all those major moves this summer and making a new stadium in Brooklyn. I believe the Nets are already better than the Knicks right now...if they get Howard, they're probably the favorites on paper to make the Finals...still need time to develop chemistry, but that is one stacked team.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Just look at the # of comments by a bunch of Knicks fans saying they're leaving them cause of Dolan not re-signing Lin...many are fed up with Dolan...if you think the Knicks will be the toast of town even if the Nets win a title, then you're in denial...
The NY Knicks have some of the most loyal NBA fans in the country. They haven't won a tile since the 1970's and they still have great attendance. If you think the Nets will instantly become more popular than the Knicks then you are sadly mistaken and know nothing about New York Sports fans.

Quote:
Prokohrov's goal is to make the Knicks irrelevant and start a legacy for the Nets which is why he did all those major moves this summer and making a new stadium in Brooklyn.
I'm pretty sure the GM of the Chicago White Sox thought that to after they won the World Series title back in 2005 and yet the Chicago Cubs still have a larger fanbase in the city.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 PM
JL

Quote:
The NY Knicks have some of the most loyal NBA fans in the country. They haven't won a tile since the 1970's and they still have great attendance. If you think the Nets will instantly become more popular than the Knicks then you are sadly mistaken and know nothing about New York Sports fans.

I'm pretty sure the GM of the Chicago White Sox thought that to after they won the World Series title back in 2005 and yet the Chicago Cubs still have a larger fanbase in the city.
As long as the Dolans run that team and not win a title, i have no doubt in a few years the interest will wane especially if the Nets win a title. The older fans probably will stay with the Knicks, but the younger generation might be growing up used to seeing the Nets...a smart move by Prokorov to move to Brooklyn.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
As long as the Dolans run that team and not win a title, i have no doubt in a few years the interest will wane especially if the Nets win a title. The older fans probably will stay with the Knicks, but the younger generation might be growing up used to seeing the Nets...a smart move by Prokorov to move to Brooklyn.
Either way I don't like neither of those teams, being a Philadelphia 76ers fan myself. I hope they both do bad.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 PM
JL

Me either...i was only interested in seeing Lin and glad Howard didn't get traded to the Nets cause another superteam would be formed....Rockets need some love too...

I hope Orlando eventually says NO to the Lakers and Nets when it comes to trading Howard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball