Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 06:33 PM

6,913 posts, read 11,162,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot001 View Post
^ Right. They may have a three-peat since Shaq&Kobe.
You have to win two before you win three.

"High ankle sprain" is serious. That and "calf strain" can both indicate the involvement of the Achilles tendon.

https://www.podiatrytoday.com/blogge...-durant-injury

At 36, such an injury would be devastating. He likely isn't back on the court at whatever "full strength" is until he is nearly 38 if that were to happen. I know he is chasing a number (6 championships) but I feel safe in saying he never gets there if he a 37-38 year old recovering from Achilles surgery. That would be that. I would temper my expectations for this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 08:36 AM

11,190 posts, read 9,001,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post

"High ankle sprain" is serious. That and "calf strain" can both indicate the involvement of the Achilles tendon.

At 36, such an injury would be devastating. He likely isn't back on the court at whatever "full strength" is until he is nearly 38 if that were to happen. I know he is chasing a number (6 championships) but I feel safe in saying he never gets there if he a 37-38 year old recovering from Achilles surgery. That would be that. I would temper my expectations for this season.
He should be chasing 7 or 8 to be away from Jordan.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:38 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,620,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post

That injury could be devastating. The Lakers do have to try to navigate this year's playoffs first, and they have a daunting road in front of him.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:00 AM

507 posts, read 272,119 times
^ If Suns can't stop them right now, no other teams can. They will navigate through the west and get to the finals. AD&LBJ play well with each other very much, just like Shaq&Kobe. Plus Drummond, Schroder and Kuzma. Not to say Marc Gasol is still resting. This team is as strong as last season.

Old 05-25-2021, 02:18 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,355,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot001 View Post
^ If Suns can't stop them right now, no other teams can. They will navigate through the west and get to the finals. AD&LBJ play well with each other very much, just like Shaq&Kobe. Plus Drummond, Schroder and Kuzma. Not to say Marc Gasol is still resting. This team is as strong as last season.
The Clippers can definitely beat them. I don't think they'll get that far, and even if they did they likely lose, but at least I think the Nuggets can give them a bit of a series, same with the Jazz. Don't think anyone else in the West stands up though.

Old 05-25-2021, 08:19 AM

507 posts, read 272,119 times
^Clippers always can't live up to the hype, since the era of Griffine&CP3. They're a fun team to watch but much less mature than their companion of the same city. Jazz probably could bring some trouble to them but their real opponent is still the Nets.

Old 01-24-2023, 08:02 AM

3,679 posts, read 2,214,952 times
Wow! This Lakers thread has been dormant for a while. You sleeping on us, Oklazona? Anyway, have some trade news for ya.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...9218fe9c3d9cc2

Nunn is 27 years old and is averaging 6.7 points and 1.4 rebounds per contest while shooting 40.6% from the field and 32.5% from the three-point range. During his first two seasons in the NBA (with the Miami Heat) he appeared to be a rising star averaging 15.0 points per contest in 123 regular season games with the franchise. However, he missed all of last season all of last season due to an injury. As for Hachimura, he was the 19th-overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft and is averaging 13.0 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per contest while shooting 48.8% from the field. At the end of the season, the 24-year-old will be a restricted free agent (he has an $8.46 million qualifying offer).

On paper, this works out for the Lakers getting rid of Nunn who has been a non factor for Hachimura who is a good player not getting any time with the Wizards.

Old 01-24-2023, 08:57 AM

29,794 posts, read 11,372,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Wow! This Lakers thread has been dormant for a while. You sleeping on us, Oklazona? Anyway, have some trade news for ya.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...9218fe9c3d9cc2

Nunn is 27 years old and is averaging 6.7 points and 1.4 rebounds per contest while shooting 40.6% from the field and 32.5% from the three-point range. During his first two seasons in the NBA (with the Miami Heat) he appeared to be a rising star averaging 15.0 points per contest in 123 regular season games with the franchise. However, he missed all of last season all of last season due to an injury. As for Hachimura, he was the 19th-overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft and is averaging 13.0 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per contest while shooting 48.8% from the field. At the end of the season, the 24-year-old will be a restricted free agent (he has an $8.46 million qualifying offer).

On paper, this works out for the Lakers getting rid of Nunn who has been a non factor for Hachimura who is a good player not getting any time with the Wizards.
I guess I was taught that when you have nothing good to say better to keep quiet! Not much good to say about the Lakers this season.

Hachimura scored 30 points in his last game on Saturday. And he is a PF which they need more than another PG. He is a decent backup for Lebron. I think its a good trade even though it does not change things much for them. I don't see the Lakers making any big moves. They are going to cling onto the hope that AD comes back and stays healthy.

Old 02-01-2023, 07:49 AM

I parked this article here since you guys on the left coast won. Anyway, gg. I only saw the first half. Schroder wasn't even excited when he hit that half court heave at halftime. Knicks had an off night shotting 3's. Could have won that came. Oh, well. Woulda, coulda shoulda. Lebron, like Jordan, loves playing at the Garden.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/01/knicks...oss-to-lakers/

On one possession late in the fourth quarter, the Knicks had four different cracks at putting themselves in the lead, all quality looks from 3-point range. Each shot clanged off the rim, apropos of their frustrating evening from 3-point range. In their 129-123 overtime loss Tuesday night to LeBron James and the Lakers at the Garden, the Knicks went 7-for-34 from 3-point distance and didn’t hit a single 3 in the fourth quarter or overtime. They missed their last 10 tries. “I think we had good looks, especially that final quarter and throughout the game,” Jalen Brunson said. “The ball just didn’t go in there, ball didn’t go in the hole.”There were several culprits. Julius Randle was 2-for-9 from deep, Quentin Grimes missed all five of his 3-point attempts and Brunson was 2-for-7. As a team, the Knicks are 25th in the NBA in 3-point percentage at 34.2.

I believe I mentioned in this thread or another that the 3 bomb isn't the Knicks game. No splash brothers on the Knicks team. Ball movement is the Knicks forte. Even Randle, who used to be a black hole when he got the ball, has gotten better in finding the open man. Brunson helps spread things out. Can't say it anymore. Thanks, Mark Cuban!

Last edited by quiet life; 02-01-2023 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-01-2023, 08:09 AM

Speaking of Lebron. Dude is amazing. In the 80's, when Kareem and Dr. J retired they were looked at as old players that played too long. However, Lebron just keeps chugging along putting up the same numbers he did when he was in his his prime. Him being 4th all time in assists shocked me.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/01/lebron...uoso-msg-show/

From the start, LeBron James has loved Madison Square Garden as much as any NBA player, home or away, has ever loved it. He has publicly expressed his desire to play 82 games a year in the Garden. He has called the arena “my favorite playground.” So in an ideal Hollywood script, James would have broken Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s all-time scoring record 2,800 miles from Hollywood, right here in the Garden on Tuesday night. Abdul-Jabbar grew up in New York as Lew Alcindor, and surpassing his 38,387 point total in the big city would have made for a perfectly appropriate scene. But that couldn’t happen, not with James entering the game 117 points away from history. The next best thing was firmly in his grasp, and that was hurdling Mark Jackson and Steve Nash on the career assists list while helping the Lakers to beat the Knicks in overtime, 129-123, with an historic triple-double to boot. It was hardly the prettiest triple-double James has posted — 28 points on 11-for-25 shooting, 11 assists, 10 rebounds — and yet who the hell cares? At 38, working on a bum foot, he became the first NBA player to hit the trifecta in his 20th season or beyond. And hard as it might be to believe, the juggernaut who’s about to become the league’s most prolific scorer left the building knowing that only three men — traditional point guards John Stockton, Jason Kidd and Chris Paul — have ever dished the ball better than he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball