Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM

432 posts, read 606,660 times

Advertisements

If you could choose a state that has produced nba players and abl players in the history of basketball, what state would you choose?

If someone asked me that question, I'd tell them Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania has the best basketball players in the history of basketball.

The starting lineup would be
Pistol Pete at point guard with Earl Monroe and Kyle Lowry as backup
Kobe Bryant at Shooting guard with Tyreke Evans and Rip Hamilton as a backups
Paul Arizin at Small Forward with Lee Phillips Shafter ll as a backup
Maurice Stokes as Powerforward with Ray Scott as backup
Wilt at center with Rasheed Wallace as a back up

Does this team look like it can win at least 10 rings or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 08:17 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,352,245 times
Not gonna say Illinois but here are five players that are/were top 50 during their era.....

Isiah Thomas
Derek Rose
Dwayne Wade
Mark Aguirre
Kevin Garnett*
George Mikan

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM

10,615 posts, read 15,932,700 times
New York City Metro alone (mainly Brooklyn) already has produced...

-the best basketball player ever (Jordan)
-a top 5 player (Kareem)
-a bunch of hall of famers (Cousy, Archibald, L-Wilkens, King, Mullin, Erving, Hawkins, Cunningham, Schayes)
-future hall of famer (Melo)
-other above average players (Marbury, Mashburn, Artest, Odom, Hibbert, Noah etc. etc.)

so including all the players from the STATE of NY is not even fair.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM

31,933 posts, read 34,434,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Not gonna say Illinois but here are five players that are/were top 50 during their era.....

Isiah Thomas
Derek Rose
Dwayne Wade
Mark Aguirre
Kevin Garnett*
George Mikan
Yeah, that asterik should be even bigger. He lived the first 16 or 17 years of his life in South Carolina before attending Farragut in Chicago for a year.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:36 PM

31,933 posts, read 34,434,619 times
North Carolina would give you Air Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, James Worthy, Chris Paul and David Thompson. Not a bad lineup.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:55 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,982,941 times
Georgia: Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, Pervis Ellison, Gerald Wilkins, Horace Grant, and Walt Frazier

Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
New York City Metro alone (mainly Brooklyn) already has produced...

-the best basketball player ever (Jordan)
-a top 5 player (Kareem)
-a bunch of hall of famers (Cousy, Archibald, L-Wilkens, King, Mullin, Erving, Hawkins, Cunningham, Schayes)
-future hall of famer (Melo)
-other above average players (Marbury, Mashburn, Artest, Odom, Hibbert, Noah etc. etc.)

so including all the players from the STATE of NY is not even fair.

NYC can't really claim Michael Jordan...his family moved to NC when he was baby.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:21 PM

10,083 posts, read 9,861,287 times
NC wins just because of Jordan.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:49 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,298,077 times
I can't pick a state but I'll definitely say it would be the Northeast as a region. I remember the first time playing a pick up game in Boston, it seemed like everyone played organized ball at some point and knew the fundamentals of basketball. I was shocked to see people routinely dunking in pick up games. It's kind of like the shock people get when they come to Florida and see that our high school football teams are nearly as big and fast as some out of state college teams.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I can't pick a state but I'll definitely say it would be the Northeast as a region. I remember the first time playing a pick up game in Boston, it seemed like everyone played organized ball at some point and knew the fundamentals of basketball. I was shocked to see people routinely dunking in pick up games. It's kind of like the shock people get when they come to Florida and see that our high school football teams are nearly as big and fast as some out of state college teams.
Hmmm...I see guys dunking at my local small-town YMCA. That's not really uncommon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball