U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM

239 posts, read 319,566 times

Advertisements

OK. Well, its about that time of year. And I wanted to wait a lil while to start a Charlotte Bobcats thread, because if they SUCKED, then I wouldve be ashamed I ever opened the thread. lol.
But 7 games into the season, the Bobcats are OVER 500, and have a WINNING RECORD!!
So what are yall thinking about the team? and how long do you think it will take to getting better attendance at the games?
I see that very lightly, because even the better teams in the league how skimpy attendances for WEEK NIGHT games.
So what do you guys think? Excitement? Apprehension? what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 AM

1,860 posts, read 4,507,783 times
Obviously they are improved, but I think 7 games into the season is too early to tell; usually need to wait at least 1/4 of the season at around the 20 game mark to get an idea of who is for real and who's not. I watched some of the Dallas game last weekend, pretty impressive performance, but beating Minnesota w/out Love & Rubio isn't a lot to brag about, the same for beating the Wizards w/out Wall & Nene. Nevertheless, those are games they still probably would have lost last year, and you can't control who is on your schedule. Think if they can win 3 out of 4 on their upcoming homestand, would go a long ways to winning some fans back. Been impressed w/Kemba Walker's improvement too, he is much improved from last year which has made a big difference. As a Cavs fan, I knew Ramon Sessions was a good addition as well having seen him play quite a bit for a couple of seasons, and of course adding Ben Gordon upgraded the 2-guard spot. I would have guessed around 20 wins as the ceiling this season for Charlotte, but they are looking like they may far exceed that mark at this point.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM

239 posts, read 319,566 times
I definitely agree with your assessment. But also, remember...this was the SAME Minnasota team WITHOUT Rubio and Love that DEFEATED Dallas a few days ago, I believe.
And I think attendance will be a little stagnant throughout the weeknight games, just because thats how it is. But attendance should be AWESOME when playing the Lakers, Heat, OKC, etc...because fans will actually believe we have a great chance of winning!!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM

2,154 posts, read 2,710,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartwell35 View Post
I definitely agree with your assessment. But also, remember...this was the SAME Minnasota team WITHOUT Rubio and Love that DEFEATED Dallas a few days ago, I believe.
And I think attendance will be a little stagnant throughout the weeknight games, just because thats how it is. But attendance should be AWESOME when playing the Lakers, Heat, OKC, etc...because fans will actually believe we have a great chance of winning!!

Attendance will be nice for those teams, not b/c anyone thinks the Cats will win it, but because they like seeing good basketball and those teams bring excitement. However, with that said, a city can get behind their team if they show some grit and fight, even if the win/loss record isn't sparkling. So, I think attendance will climb a bit if they can keep out of long losing streaks this year as uptown is an easy place to see a game and hang out afterwards around the area. You get on a long losing streak and you're back to where it was last season.

Glad you started the thread though, it's certainly been a nice change from recent history with this team to see one that can find a way to win versus finding new ways to lose!

Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM

376 posts, read 612,534 times
I expected more people during the Wizards game on Tuesday, but it was Tuesday so I can see why there wasn't a crowd. I'm actually a season ticket holder (was called to be the season ticketholder of the night on Tuesday but I was working and didn't answer my phone, boo). It's so interesting to see the Bobcats being talked about all over the place now. With MKG and Kemba and Byron trying to do something, I see much more energy than last year, obviously. I'll be interested to see what this Hakim can do for us. His stats didn't seem all that impressive when I looked at him (and I'm a Matt Carroll fan so this trade stung, but being that coach wasn't playing him at all I feared this was in the works. When coach puts Diop in more than you, something isn't right).

Saturday's Grizzlies game I think will be the make or break us - at least in the eyes of some 'possible' fans. The Grizzles are on a win streak. We beat the Mavs without Dirk, the Wizards (which shouldn't have been hard) and the Timberwolves while they were missing key players. HOWEVER we were also missing Gerald Henderson and Ben Gordon, so we were at least missing ONE and a half key players.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM

1,343 posts, read 2,974,280 times
My wife bought tickets to the Hornets game at a charity auction (I was like, "WHY? WHY? WHY?? ) I hope they are still winning by then. All I expect with the young team and new coach (who works them like a college team) is lots of hustle and effort. That should produce more victories if not necessarily a winning record.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:02 AM

4,761 posts, read 6,632,497 times
If nothing else, this season will be better than last season. Heck, I might even break down and go to a game if they get in playoff contention. But that's a long way off.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,959,273 times
It's good to see improvement after how horrible they were last year. Very impressed with Kemba's improvement. I hope they make the playoffs again, everyone genuinely seemed excited and loud at the games last time they made the playoffs even though they got swept.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM

7,482 posts, read 8,465,649 times
Seems like the new coach Dunlap is more on them about accountability and defense than Silas was. They are also more competitive, last season both the Dallas and Memphis games would have been a blowout of 20+ points for the other team.

Ramon Sessions and Ben Gordon have been nice additions.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM

2,154 posts, read 2,710,554 times
Another nice come from behind win tonight against the Bucks. Coach has them playing hard. Kudos to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or