Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: pacers or heat
pacers by less than 5 6 37.50%
pacers by more than 5 2 12.50%
heat by less than 5 2 12.50%
heat by more than 5 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 12:50 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
In the end I think Miami pulls this out. Lebron will go off and there is no way Ster/ESPN/Nike allows an Indiana/San Antonio finals. That would post the lowest ratings in sports history and allt he NBA cares about is the $$$ and keeping the frontrunners happy.
especially considering the nba is sponsored by adidas and not nike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 01:32 PM

933 posts, read 1,477,917 times
Pacers 92-91. Lebron misses a shot off the back rim at the buzzer. The pressure of winning championships finally breaks the Heat's back. The series-ending miss cements Lebron's legacy. After the season Wade is traded. The "big 3" era ends in a huge disappointment.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
the powers that be will miami to win.
expect some bs calls.
if you so much as breathe on lebron tonight, it'll be a foul.
4 players ejected, at least.

should be fun.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Pacers 92-91. Lebron misses a shot off the back rim at the buzzer. The pressure of winning championships finally breaks the Heat's back. The series-ending miss cements Lebron's legacy. After the season Wade is traded. The "big 3" era ends in a huge disappointment.

One title and one finals appearance isn't exactly nothing but I guess it would be a bit of a disappointment should Riley decide to break up the team if they fall short tonight.

If that happens I'm sure ESPN, the LeBron fan boys and bandwagon jumpers will somehow find a way to blame Cleveland fans and Dan Gilbert.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
the powers that be will miami to win.
expect some bs calls.
if you so much as breathe on lebron tonight, it'll be a foul.
4 players ejected, at least.

should be fun.
Yes, my prediction was without Stern being on line-one. If he is on line-one, then there is no chance the Pacers win. In fact, I'd say it could be a Lakers-Kings type of catastrophe. And if this happens, I will no longer be an NBA fan. It would cement everything I have been trying to put in the back of my mind for a very long time.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
One title and one finals appearance isn't exactly nothing but I guess it would be a bit of a disappointment should Riley decide to break up the team if they fall short tonight.

If that happens I'm sure ESPN, the LeBron fan boys and bandwagon jumpers will somehow find a way to blame Cleveland fans and Dan Gilbert.
Compared to what they said "....not six, not seven"? I would say it is.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:45 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Quote:

In the end I think Miami pulls this out. Lebron will go off and there is no way Stern/ESPN/Nike allows an Indiana/San Antonio finals. That would post the lowest ratings in sports history and all the NBA cares about is the $$$ and keeping the frontrunners happy.

Took the words out of my mouth...Bennett Salvatore and Dick Bavetta will likely officiate to make sure the home team is victorious.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:47 PM

207 posts, read 336,227 times
Quote:

You're right it isn't nothing, but it would be a catastrophe, and totally embarrassing for Lebron considering all the hype he brought to the table w all the talk about winning what was it like 7 or 8 rings. It would be one of the biggest embarrassments in NBA history if the Heat don't win another title w this group, and their "fan base" will be reduced by about 85%....and I have to admit, I'M TOTALLY ROOTING FOR THAT TO HAPPEN!!!
LETS-GO-PA-CERS!!! CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP!!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Embrace the Pace!

Old 06-03-2013, 07:43 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
In a perfect world, the Pacers win tonight. Unfortunately, the world is usually a very unforgiving, harsh place where the good guys don't always win. So I'm going Heat by more than 5.
I called it. But I was hoping for a better game than this. What a letdown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball