Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 AM

909 posts, read 1,065,557 times

Advertisements

Ginobili's cheap shot elbow to the throat vs. LeBron and the play where Mike Miller got smacked right in the face and no call was made. As a matter of fact, San Antonio could have been called for about 3 times as many fouls in the 3rd qtr. That 12 minutes was some of the worst officiating ever and most of it favored the Spurs.

Before anybody jumps to the (wrong) assumption that I am a die-hard Heat fan, I am not. I actually pull for the Memphis Grizzlies. It's just way past time the Spurs stop getting a pass on being whiners/floppers while mostly getting favorable officiating anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,129,256 times
Lmao, how about the THREE elbows Lebron threw? 2 to tony Parker's face, and one to Danny green where Lebron lost the ball going to the rim?
Or how about the double arm slab on Manu? Or the offensive foul where battier slid under Neal then flopped? Gotta let the shooter have room to come down. Or how about bosh crushing green on the last shot of the game? A CLEAR foul!

Gtfoh with the spurs are the whining floppers.
You're just bitter because the spurs made easy work out of the griz.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,151,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVofM View Post
Ginobili's cheap shot elbow to the throat vs. LeBron and the play where Mike Miller got smacked right in the face and no call was made. As a matter of fact, San Antonio could have been called for about 3 times as many fouls in the 3rd qtr. That 12 minutes was some of the worst officiating ever and most of it favored the Spurs.

Before anybody jumps to the (wrong) assumption that I am a die-hard Heat fan, I am not. I actually pull for the Memphis Grizzlies. It's just way past time the Spurs stop getting a pass on being whiners/floppers while mostly getting favorable officiating anyway.

Miami is the worst flopping team I have ever seen.
Every time they show an instant replay on what looks
like a foul, you see the Miami player flop.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 AM

551 posts, read 1,124,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvofm View Post
ginobili's cheap shot elbow to the throat vs. Lebron and the play where mike miller got smacked right in the face and no call was made. As a matter of fact, san antonio could have been called for about 3 times as many fouls in the 3rd qtr. That 12 minutes was some of the worst officiating ever and most of it favored the spurs.

Before anybody jumps to the (wrong) assumption that i am a die-hard heat fan, i am not. I actually pull for the memphis grizzlies. It's just way past time the spurs stop getting a pass on being whiners/floppers while mostly getting favorable officiating anyway.
irrelevant

Old 06-19-2013, 07:54 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,515,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post

Miami is the worst flopping team I have ever seen.
Every time they show an instant replay on what looks
like a foul, you see the Miami player flop.
I agree. They have like 5 floppers on their team lol.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:57 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,015,767 times
I think Lebron tried to sell it. He definitely got hit but it wasn't enough to knock him over. His flopping makes those calls go away for him.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,801,140 times
Does it matter?, Ginobili got mugged at the end of the game, Danny Green was body checked by Bosh on the last shot. The Heat are at home they are the defending champs and will get the calls. What's the difference, the series is over.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,152,934 times
I think Ginobli's declining athleticism is making him too physical, lots of elbows, lots of grabbing, lots of Rodman-like perma-fouling. It happens to competitive guys late in their careers. My last few years playing hoops I became a hack.

But this game should remind us how differently playoff games are called in the last 6 minutes or so of 4th quarters... basically, no blood/no foul. This is not new. Every star scorer needs to adjust to this as their career goes on. You've got to shoot every inside shot like its an and-one.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,589,375 times
Even if LeBron sold it a little its a cheap shot on Manu's part. Still it doesn't matter at this point. He won't get suspended for game 7. No way the league takes him out of the deciding game. That last play with Bosh and Green will never get called at the end of a game. Should it? Yes. But the league has a long standing precedent on that kind of thing. I don't even think coaches expect to get those kinds of calls at the end of a game, especially a Finals game.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM

909 posts, read 1,065,557 times
Bosh's block on the 3 wouldn't have been called a foul by NBA standards if it was in the first quarter of the first game of the year. And Ginobili should have been ejected for the blatant cheap elbow to the throat, I don't care what the whining spurs fans say about it. They are just sore losers because they haven't won anything since 2007 and now the Heat are going to win game seven and the series for a back-to-back.

Too bad and so sad for the spurs and their little sore loser fans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball