Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,679,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data1000 View Post
Should be a good battle between the Heat and Miami.
They will be very evenly matched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,105,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
They will be very evenly matched.
Nice

Old 08-19-2013, 03:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,380,743 times
I like the Bulls chances this year. I figure Jimmy Butler will do great as starting SG. The team will have a size matchup advantage at every position most nights. Butler @ 6'7" bigger than most SGs and Deng at 6'9" bigger than most SFs.

The team is in a good age window with none of the core over 32, other than Nazr Mohammed, but still the team is old enough to have good experience factor. Deng, Noah, and Taj are all 28 now, so they are well-experienced. They are known for defense, but with Rose, Butler, Deng, & Boozer, have lots of offensive firepower too.

They lost a lot of bench guys, but the bench still has a nice balance with Heinrich, Dunleavy, and Gibson. The one obvious weakness is lack of center depth. I don't know if they can pick up a 3rd center at this point, but they definitely need one.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:18 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,550,819 times
Heat, OKC, Spurs, Rockets, Pacers, Bulls.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:32 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,976,193 times
My main worry about the Spurs and age is Tony Parker. He's been the guy that entered his prime while TD and Manu declined, and his decline shouldn't be too far off.

TD is obviously not in his prime, but in today's league of weak frontcourts he's more than serviceable. Manu, on the other hand, has been a liability since 2009 in my opinion. And I like him a lot as a person, but he's single-handedly costed us more series' than he has won us recently.

I do laugh when I think about how people called the Spurs old back in 2003, though.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 AM

9,776 posts, read 7,493,526 times
San Antonio, OKC (with Westbrook healthy can't believe I'm saying that), Indiana, Miami, Chicago (with a healthy D-Rose) are the only legit title contenders.
Knicks, Nets, Grizzlies, Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Warriors can make deep runs, but each team has a flaw and need a whole lot breaking their way (with a major injury to 1 of the key players on a team listed above included) to win that championship.
The other handful of teams will be lucky to become 4-0 fodder to one of the top tier teams in the first round of the playoffs. Can we get the first round back to best out of 5 please??

Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 AM

9,776 posts, read 7,493,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I would add Indiana and the Knicks. As a former New Yorker I am partial to the Knicks. Don't laugh they will be the surprise team
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Bulls, Heat, Miami, Spurs, Clippers and Brooklyn
Can you tell me how Brooklyn or the Knicks are serious title contenders?? The Nets season is going to be a disaster, imo, with a rookie coach with an old team in serious win NOW mode. The Knicks won't be as good next year. 3rd/4th in the East, Atlantic division winners, but in a conference with Miami, Indiana, and Chicago, that's not going to cut it. I'll consider the Knicks season a total success if they make the conf finals.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,998,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
San Antonio, OKC (with Westbrook healthy can't believe I'm saying that), Indiana, Miami, Chicago (with a healthy D-Rose) are the only legit title contenders.
Knicks, Nets, Grizzlies, Clippers, Lakers, Rockets, Warriors can make deep runs, but each team has a flaw and need a whole lot breaking their way (with a major injury to 1 of the key players on a team listed above included) to win that championship.
The other handful of teams will be lucky to become 4-0 fodder to one of the top tier teams in the first round of the playoffs. Can we get the first round back to best out of 5 please??
Agree 1000%. I am tired of people saying teams like the Knicks, Clippers and Nets are contenders. Just because you win a lot of regular season games doesn't mean you can contend.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:29 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,965,291 times
The Jazz have exactly 0% chance, I have them as the absolute worst team next year.

Heat for 3-peat.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:06 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Heat, OKC, Spurs, Rockets, Pacers, Bulls.
Those would be my picks.

I think some of the people selling the Bulls short don't realize how short-handed they've been in the playoffs due to injury and illness.

Both Chicago and OKC have had bad luck with key injuries....that could happen to any of the other teams as well. Injury luck is a big big factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball