Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 09:19 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,997,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Teams that will make the playoffs for sure...
EAST (6): Miami, Indiana, Chicago, Brooklyn, New York, Detroit
WEST (7): Oklahoma City, San Antonio, LA Clippers, Houston, Oakland, Minneapolis, Portland

Teams that will be in the race for the last playoff spot(s)
EAST (4): Toronto, Cleveland, Atlanta, Philadelphia
WEST (2): Dallas, Denver

Teams that won't make the playoffs for sure...
EAST (5): Milwaukee, Charlotte, Washington, Orlando, Boston
WEST (4): Utah, Sacramento, Phoenix, LA Lakers

I have no idea what to think of Memphis and New Orleans right now, maybe in the race for the last playoff spot(s)?
GOLDEN STATE, NOT OAKLAND!!!!!! I'm sorry I had to say something, that is the second time you called them Oakland and it just drives me nuts.

It's way too early to make this list. Portland has had an extremely easy schedule for example (the only winning teams they have beaten are the Spurs and Suns) and the Wizards have had very difficult schedule (played Miami, Philly twice, Brooklyn, OKC, Spurs, Mavs already). Also Cleveland has lost to the Bobcats twice and have a worse record than the Bobcats, logically how do you conclude anything about either team at this point? If the current record or play so far was an indicator than Charlotte and Cleveland, at the least, should switch places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 10:03 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,737,862 times
They are in Oakland though...

Old 11-16-2013, 10:51 AM

10,647 posts, read 16,049,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Also Cleveland has lost to the Bobcats twice and have a worse record than the Bobcats, logically how do you conclude anything about either team at this point? If the current record or play so far was an indicator than Charlotte and Cleveland, at the least, should switch places.
Knowing Charlotte's roster and reputation i'm pretty sure they won't end the season above Cleveland.
btw where in the USA can i find a city with the name Golden State?

Old 11-16-2013, 12:27 PM

9,776 posts, read 7,491,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
They are in Oakland though...

They are in Oakland.....Not called Oakland though.

The New Jersey Nets played in East Rutherford & Newark. Where they ever called the Newark Nets?? I didn't think so.

The Colorado Avalanche NHL team are located in Denver, but are they called the Denver Avalanche?? You could actually make the case for the New York Knicks to be called the Manhattan Knicks if you wanted to name the team after the city in which they play. Just because you play in that city doesn't mean you have to take the actual city name.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:06 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,737,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
They are in Oakland.....Not called Oakland though.

The New Jersey Nets played in East Rutherford & Newark. Where they ever called the Newark Nets?? I didn't think so.

The Colorado Avalanche NHL team are located in Denver, but are they called the Denver Avalanche?? You could actually make the case for the New York Knicks to be called the Manhattan Knicks if you wanted to name the team after the city in which they play. Just because you play in that city doesn't mean you have to take the actual city name.
I wouldn't take any umbrage with someone calling them the Newark Nets. People just call them the Oakland Warriors for fun or because they're from there and want to take pride in their city.

I often call Washington the Bullets. I know that's not their name any more but I hate the Wizards name and the PC reason for the name change, so I call them that in protest.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:02 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,997,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Knowing Charlotte's roster and reputation i'm pretty sure they won't end the season above Cleveland.
btw where in the USA can i find a city with the name Golden State?
I agree that there is no city named Golden State but that's not their name. I can't tell if you were doing it on purpose so I pointed it out.

As far as Cleveland, they aren't bad but they have been struggling offensively. We will learn about them more and the Wizards tonight as they face each other. But honestly I think Charlotte is up in the air. They could still contend for the last playoff spot. It's not like it's that tough. It's just too early.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball